• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzan

If I move sideways while shooting the Cycler it feels like it puts on some RNG-stuff where the bullet goes - It doesn't go where the dot on the crosshair is and I'm not thinking about the projectile drop.

Pro-sketch:
Th533bR.jpg

And the shot goes somewhere in the red zone

Yes. When using the Cycler Rifle, moving introduces reticle spread. Even whilst ADS.

dgLp5G9.jpg

taken from http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=Cycler_Rifle

Moving introduces a 1.5º spread in ADS and hip fire has a permanent 3º spread.

Palpable

Tweet it to Dennis (dice_firewall) or Gustav (gustavhalling)

Would they even acknowledge this?

Is it possibly different due to the 'offset'?

Probably, but zooming should be the same on both first and third person views. I've shot the wall so many times with the cycler because the crosshair is off when I lean out from a corner.

I feel like there is something wrong with the aiming switching from 1st to 3rd person. Whenever I get on a Blaster cannon and it switches to third person I have to aim significantly above the target I am trying to hit.

Yeah, mounted weapons are so jacked up. Same with the ATAT when zoomed. How can they find that acceptable?

JTripper

Earned the platinum today after clocking in around 30 hours total playtime.

Probably won't be playing the game that much until the dlc content is released. If the first expansion proves to be really good I might bite at the season pass otherwise I'll just wait until it's on sale.

Earned the platinum today after clocking in around 30 hours total playtime.

Probably won't be playing the game that much until the dlc content is released. If the first expansion proves to be really good I might bite at the season pass otherwise I'll just wait until it's on sale.

So you only care about trophies?

JTripper

So you only care about trophies?

No, I just don't have any online friends who play this game often so the trophies were what kept me coming back. I don't really like playing multiplayer games alone but if I enjoy the game itself, I like having something to work towards (i.e. trophies). If I had a group of friends who played the game often, I'd for sure be playing with them regardless of trophies.

MADGAME

Been trying to get a game of WA on PS4 for the last 40 minutes. Not enough people to get a single game. Other modes ok. WTF.

Ozorov

Didn't know Jabba's place already was in the game. Because it has to be the place in the current Tattooine map? Just noticed it today while I was in a X-wing

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Didn't know Jabba's place already was in the game. Because it has to be the place in the current Tattooine map? Just noticed it today while I was in a X-wing

Yes, it is on the WA Tatooine Map. I am looking forward to seeing the inside layout. I always enjoyed exploring it, in SWG, it was really well done in it. Hearing a random Jabba laugh while fighting would be oh so good.

Ozorov

Yes, it is on the WA Tatooine Map. I am looking forward to seeing the inside layout. I always enjoyed exploring it, in SWG, it was really well done in it. Hearing a random Jabba laugh while fighting would be oh so good.

Cool! Is the new Sullust map the thing behind the Empire starting point in WA, since it seems to be "the factories of Sullust" behind it?

I really hope DICE will priority team-balancing both between and under matches. I just played a Drop Zone-match, it was 1vs6 the whole match. Between maps it should switch players to even the teams skillwise and under matches just to even numbers.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Cool! Is the new Sullust map the thing behind the Empire starting point in WA, since it seems to be "the factories of Sullust" behind it?

I really hope DICE will priority team-balancing both between and under matches. I just played a Drop Zone-match, it was 1vs6 the whole match. Between maps it should switch players to even the teams skillwise and under matches just to even numbers.

That might just be. Good eye.

And yes, team balancing is a must to be patched it. They should not only juggle them, but balance them out as you said. I think they are aware from a Tweet I seen a while back as far as matchmaking needing love.

Walker Assault is such a bullshit mode.

I have to agree. I tried going back to it last night and found it to be a total cluster fuck. It was basically just a series of spawn deaths followed by 1 of our walkers falling at the first checkpoint (they only had 3 Y-wings, how is this even possible?) and being killed constantly from broken A-wings strafing our team over and over and over. This should be the best mode in the game and I really want to enjoy it but its always annoying and frustrating.

I literally went from a 44-8 in Drop Zone to a 4-24 in Walker Assault.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
For me, WA gets worse on Endor as an Imperial because teammates can't be buggered to climb onto the damn treehouses.

You have those jetpacks for a reason damn it.

MADGAME

Interesting you guys say the problems you have in WA. I have the exact problems in Supremacy - the absolute WORST spawns in any mode hands down. My rate of spawning into a shit-show is insane, especially on Hoth. And Hoth and Jundland are complete air superiority maps for rebels, they get A-Wings the whole game and strafe-kill everyone over and over.

Not saying WA doesn't need tweaking, but for me it's nowhere near the same levels of frustration as Supremacy.

MMarston

Btw, speaking of Supremacy.

You know how Rebels have like a geographical unfair advantage of getting to the rover first on Tatooine?

I've recently noticed a trend where in most cases, Imperial players will stop short of fruitlessly charging into the control point and instead proceed to mow the fucking lawn of whoever runs out of the rover and then proceed to take it.

Xzan

Btw, speaking of Supremacy.

You know how Rebels have like a geographical unfair advantage of getting to the rover first on Tatooine?

I've recently noticed a trend where in most cases, Imperial players will stop short of fruitlessly charging into the control point and instead proceed to mow the fucking lawn of whoever runs out of the rover and then proceed to take it.

Pretty much.

Use jump packs to take that higher ground overlooking the sandcrawler whilst others encircle and move in from the front and along the trails. If you're quick enough to contest the point, the rebels eventually get pushed back because they have no air support to clear the high ground.

I actually quite like Jundland Wastes when the teams are fairly even. Some seriously pitched battles can take place around the sandcrawler.

Interesting you guys say the problems you have in WA. I have the exact problems in Supremacy - the absolute WORST spawns in any mode hands down. My rate of spawning into a shit-show is insane, especially on Hoth. And Hoth and Jundland are complete air superiority maps for rebels, they get A-Wings the whole game and strafe-kill everyone over and over.

Not saying WA doesn't need tweaking, but for me it's nowhere near the same levels of frustration as Supremacy.

I should have clarified my opinion. All the big game modes are a total shit show except maybe Turning Point.

MMarston

Pretty much.

Use jump packs to take that higher ground overlooking the sandcrawler whilst others encircle and move in from the front and along the trails. If you're quick enough to contest the point, the rebels eventually get pushed back because they have no air support to clear the high ground.

I actually quite like Jundland Wastes when the teams are fairly even. Some seriously pitched battles can take place around the sandcrawler.

Yeah, I used to hate the crawler with a burning passion but I'd be lying if I didn't say that it was responsible for the best team efforts in Supremacy matches I've had

Yep. When i played Surpremacy, it was a shit show of awful spawns and getting respawn killed by ATSTs...

Ozorov

I play supremacy 90% of the time and I dont get these spawning problems you're talking about. Sometimes when a point is taken and the spawning point are changing They can be weird.

I play supremacy 90% of the time and I dont get these spawning problems you're talking about. Sometimes when a point is taken and the spawning point are changing They can be weird.

Supremacy is especially very frustrating to me on tatooine. The Rebels have way better spawns than the empire.

Both Supremacy and WA need some tweaking.

Turning point so far felt great. Especially with no annoying Heroes.

Ozorov

Supremacy is especially very frustrating to me on tatooine. The Rebels have way better spawns than the empire.

Both Supremacy and WA need some tweaking.

Turning point so far felt great. Especially with no annoying Heroes.
Yeah the starting point is in a huge favor for the rebels on tatooine, especially when they got Luke from the first seconds. But i still like the map since its a very good middle point to fight for

Oh I thought the Leia-challenge ended 9 AM PST but it is 9PM PST. Guess no news today for us europeans

They can still post some news :p If not today, then tomorrow.

But this week, must be it xD

Wonder if we will get a video about this new map or just a bland blog post like most of the game gets :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom