• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I want to buy the season pass, but with the player count being what it is on PC, it's a hard sell. Can't reliably find games anymore.

Hoping it turns around, but I doubt it. Seems like people have made up their mind.

I might just get it on PS4 instead, but I'm so much better on PC it's stupid.

The population is definitely healthy on the PS4, thus why I chose that version. I assumed it would have been due to the marketing and console bundles.

Toa TAK

Banned
Render
rendition1.img.jpg

Looks fantastic.

MADGAME

Jakku merge officially official

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...attle-of-jakku-required-install-as-of-2-23-16

With the release of the February Update, The Battle of Jakku content is being patched into the main game. That being said The Battle of Jakku playlist will get folded into the main games playlist across the board. If you would still like to play the unique Jakku maps only, you can still launch the mode you would like and pick the Jakku map you desire.
After the release of the February Update, downloading this content separately via platform storefronts is no longer required and can be deleted from your hard drives.

Nice we can delete it from the hard drives

Tried the T-21b after pretty much ignoring it since launch. Why didn't anybody tell me it was so fucking awesome?!?
That thing is a beast! Especially on midsize maps like Raider Camp and Jawa refuge.
Hope they don't nerf it today :)

Outer Rim expansion pack is definitely coming out in March, or?

Yep.

Why do you ask? Because of the silence? Dont worry the marketing for this game since the announcement is just awful..

I mean we dont even have a screenshot or video of that new Hoth map which drops in some hours now...

CD'S BAR

Yep.

Why do you ask? Because of the silence? Dont worry the marketing for this game since the announcement is just awful..

I mean we dont even have a screenshot or video of that new Hoth map which drops in some hours now...

What the shit. Had no idea there was a new map coming with the patch which I also didn't know was coming until entering this thread like an hour ago. And I've been playing this game every day for like 2 weeks. You'd think they give a heads up in the game menus somewhere.

Anyway great news about the expansion. So it's gonna be Outer Rim next month, then Cloud city probably July or August, and Death Star I'm guessing November or December, and then free stuff sprinkled in between?

What the shit. Had no idea there was a new map coming with the patch which I also didn't know was coming until entering this thread like an hour ago. And I've been playing this game every day for like 2 weeks. You'd think they give a heads up in the game menus somewhere.

Anyway great news about the expansion. So it's gonna be Outer Rim next month, then Cloud city probably July or August, and Death Star I'm guessing November or December, and then free stuff sprinkled in between?

My guess for the Bespin DLC is June/July with big blowout at E3. October or November for Death Star. But not sure it could even release in September, before Battlefield 5 comes out.
The last DLC in Early 2016 probably in January or February and is probably Rouge One focused.

We dont know yet if there will be more Free stuff in between. But next month will bring another Free Map for the big modes on Endor.

They probably will announce more when we are near the Outer Rim DLC.

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the February Update.

Additional Content/Functionality

General: Jakku DLC Content is being patched into the game, downloading it separately via platform storefronts is no longer required and can be deleted from your hard drives
New Map: Twilight on Hoth added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point, Blast, Fighter Squadron, Drop Zone, and Heroes vs. Villains
New Mission: Survival in the Ice Caves added to Survival Missions
Turning Point: Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, Outpost Beta, and SoroSuub Centroplex maps added to the playlist
Attract Mode: GNK Droid added - GONK!
Settings: Turning off music in the Sound menu now turns off music everywhere in the game
Settings: Added a Film Grain setting slider in the Video menu
Credits: Updated Game Credits list

Weapon and Star Card Changes
Primary Weapons: Damage against air vehicles increased by 10%
Bowcaster: Explosion damage increased from 10 to 15 per projectile and explosion radius decreased from 3 to 2.5m
Bowcaster: Full charge direct hit from 20 to 40 per projectile and a normal direct hit increased from 20 to 30 per projectile
Barrage: Damage increased from 50 to 55
Barrage: Cooldown reduced from 40 to 35s (normal) and from 35 to 30s (upgraded)
Barrage: First volley of grenades no longer disappear if the user uses the Refresh Power-up and then fires a second volley
Homing Shot: Lock time decreased from 1.5 to 1.2s
Homing Shot: Players in the AT-GAR turret now receive on-screen notification when locked on
ION Torpedo: Speed increased from 350 to 380m/s and turning angle increased from 120 to 125 in order to more easily hit air vehicles
Pulse Rifle: Movement speed while aiming decreased by 30%
Tusken Cycler Rifle: Movement speed while aiming increased by 40%
Tusken Cycler Rifle: Bullet speed increased from 300 to 450m/s
Orbital Strike: Fixed bug where it sometimes would not trigger on button press

Vehicle changes

A-Wing: Increased hit box size
A-Wing: Now properly takes damage when colliding with an AT-ST while having the Shield active
Slave I: Players can now see the Shield icon on Rebel vehicles when a Shield is active
AT-ST: T-47 Airspeeder kills with a missle while firing the primary cannons at the same time now properly awards a kill (previously registered as a suicide)
AT-AT: Fixed bug where the Orbital Strike ability would sometimes not have the aiming reticle move
T-47 Airspeeder: Players will no longer receive an out of bounds message on Graveyard of Giants during Turning Point when a control point is captured

Multiplayer Game Mode Changes

General: Pre-Round timer lowered from 30s to 20s
Walker Assault: Fixed Power-up spawns on SoroSuub Centroplex
Walker Assault: AT-AT health increased by 18% on Outpost Beta, 8% on Jundland Wastes, 20% on Forest of Endor, 4% on SoroSuub Centroplex, and 5% on Graveyard of Giants
Walker Assault: Spawning as an Imperial Hero after the AT-ATs just pass the second set of uplinks no longer despawns one of the AT-ATs
Walker Assault: The second AT-AT no longer bumps into the wreckage of the other on SoroSuub Centroplex when the first AT-AT is destroyed during the first Uplink
Droid Run: Correct Objective Notification is now displayed to all players if someone is killed while trying to claim the Droid
Droid Run: Improved spawn zones on Dune Sea Exchange
Supremacy: Fixed Power-up spawns on Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, and SoroSuub Centroplex
Supremacy: Improved spawn zones on Jundland Wastes, Outpost Beta, and Forest of Endor
Heroes vs. Villains: Planted turrets on Dune Sea Exchange will now disappear in-between rounds
Hero Hunt: Improved spawn zones on Ice Caves
Fighter Squadron: Players are now protected while spawning on Graveyard of Giants

Mission Changes

General: Both players will now properly see Charge Card pick-ups if Player One is using a 3rd Star Card Hand without a Charge Card
General: Player 2's changes to control settings no longer update Player 1's controls when playing Split-Screen
Battle: Fixed AI Spawn issues on Tatooine
Survival: Wave 10 on Sullust will now always spawn if the player / co-op team dies and restarts the round or if a player picks up a Collectible during the Wave 9 transition
Survival: Partner spawns on Sullust will no longer fail if the currently alive player is in a confined area
Survival: Co-Op players can now unlock the "Complete on Hard Difficulty without spending a life" if one player dies and then waits until the other player completes the wave so they get a free respawn
Hero changes
General: Heroes no longer get stuck in a stunned animation state
Princess Leia: Endor outfit updated - Congrats on completing the Lead the Rebellion challenge!
Princess Leia: Trooper Bane now only knocks back primary target, not nearby enemies
Luke Skywalker: Increased Saber Rush's damage against other Heroes from 2% to 6-8%
Luke Skywalker: Lightsaber swing hit radius is reduced from 0.3 to 0.25m
Han Solo: Zooming in no longer sometimes displays a gun scope
Emperor Palpatine's Shocktroopers: Modified primary weapon damage to match Leia's Honor Guards' primary weapon damage over time

Misc. Bug fixes

General: Lighting, textures, audio, user interface, text, and collision fixes
Controls: Legacy control schemes have had their layouts more clearly defined
Colorblind: Enemy players highlighted with Scan Pulse now have the correct Deuteranopia or Protanopia settings on Graveyard of Giants and Goazan Badlands
PC only: Fixed a bug where a player would lose functionality with an Xbox 360 controller after inviting a player to a Private Match and then starting the game
PC only: Air vehicle sensitivity lowered from 0.9 to 0.45 for easier mouse control
Achievements / Trophies: Updated text on "Impressive. Most Impressive." and "Survivor" to clarify the requirements
Achievements / Trophies: "Playing the Objective" now properly awarded

eFKac

Anyone on PS4 EU got the patch? It should be up already from the estimated time right? Or did I mess up some timezones?

Edit. Yup just started downloading. 4.4 gb.

Ozorov

Didnt know the new hoth map would be available on drop zone and HvV also.

And what does this means: "Attract Mode: GNK Droid added - GONK!"?

The increased bullet speed should make the Cycler Rifle more viable at longer rangers.

Nice patch overall, didn't go too far in un-nerfing the Homing Shot and Barrage, didn't touch my E-11.

Xzan

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the February Update.

Additional Content/Functionality

All good additions

Weapon and Star Card Changes
Primary Weapons: Damage against air vehicles increased by 10% Excellent
Bowcaster: Looks like it'll now kill on a full charge plus at least one direct hit
Homing Shot: Lock time decreased from 1.5 to 1.2s meh... can't fualt them buffing it a little. At least the honour guards/shock troopers will have a slightly more usable second card
ION Torpedo: Speed increased from 350 to 380m/s and turning angle increased from 120 to 125 in order to more easily hit air vehicles An interesting change, A-wings were virtually unhittable when turning at full speed so this may change that.
Pulse Rifle: Movement speed while aiming decreased by 30% Really... THAT's all they changed?
Tusken Cycler Rifle: Movement speed while aiming increased by 40%; Bullet speed increased from 300 to 450m/s Very nice, I look forward to using it when I next get online

Vehicle changes

All good, though A-Wing dominance is a little more than just the hitbox. Will watch and see how this pans out

Multiplayer Game Mode Changes

Good changes

Mission Changes

Emperor Palpatine's Shocktroopers: Modified primary weapon damage to match Leia's Honor Guards' primary weapon damage over time Nice!

Most of these a pretty good changes and additions. I'm looking forward to trying them the next time I'm on. :)

Twilight on Hoth does give an advantage to the Rebels in getting to the center control point in Supremacy first though.

But I like how its balanced between open and closed areas without vehicle dominance.

For fuck's sake. Took all of one page for the thread in Gaming to get shitposts.

Now we can see the total score ( above 1.98 million) and how many kills we got with each hero in the companion app

This made me realize I never get to play as Heroes much!

Vader: 181 kills
Boba: 23 kills
Palpatine: 25 kills
Han: 8 (lol) kills
Luke: 114 kills
Leia: 67 kills

That's out of 4.5k kills. I do like to play as Vader a lot even though he's not the greatest. He just makes you feel badass.

MADGAME

Update sounds so good, downloading now. Ion torpedoes buffed, A-Wings nerfed, and it sounds like Luke will be beast mode.

Pulse cannon got a good nerf in movement speed without decreasing damage, and still allows normal movement while no-scoping. I approve.

Barrage, Bowcaster and Homing Shot may actually have uses now. We'll see.

Good job Dice on the patch notes, it is appreciated!

Edit: wait a second, nothing about Blast Trophy. Booooooooooooooooooooooooo
What is "Attract Mode"?
Does "fixing" power up spawns mean moving them?

Woorloog

Banned
They didn't buff TIE fighters? The Rebel Shield is still far superior ability than the TIEs' Boost.
Not sure making A-Wings easier to hit solves the balance issue really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom