• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Mannn

Took a clip of the new map, nothing to it really.

but right at the end, I'm like just taking it in, and hits me, what a view!

Welcome to Battlefront

That loops disturbingly well.

Also, great clip, can't wait to see it for myself on my lunch break.

Edit: Some of you guys have mentioned that the new map is available in the small modes. Is the new map smaller than other larger maps, or are the small modes just using a section like BF4 maps?

That loops disturbingly well.

Also, great clip, can't wait to see it for myself on my lunch break.

Edit: Some of you guys have mentioned that the new map is available in the small modes. Is the new map smaller than other larger maps, or are the small modes just using a section like BF4 maps?

Looks like a section of the larger map but daytime. Not entirely sure though.

Really love that new Map.

But the map borders and spawns seem weird.

I had a match now where i was just easily spawn killing rebels with my ATST in WA.

Ozorov

With our February Update launched today, we will be coming up on the full reveal and release of the first pack within the Season Pass, Outer Rim. Look for details on more maps, weapons, star cards, heroes, level cap increase, and an all-new multiplayer game mode.

RG0BS1U.gif

Edit: Our March free content update will release before the Outer Rim DLC.

MADGAME

People are definitely trying Barrage and Homing Shot today. I've been locked onto several times with Homing Shot, but was never touched and dodged all of them. Died to Barrage a couple times while stationary in a capture zone.

People are definitely trying Barrage and Homing Shot today. I've been locked onto several times with Homing Shot, but was never touched and dodged all of them. Died to Barrage a couple times while stationary in a capture zone.

I had a really horrible match on hoth where half the enemy team used the pulse cannon and i got respawn killed twice in row by that thing.... pissed me off really hard.

lawnchair

Banned
i decided to use the cycler rifle for the first time today .. trying to mix up my play style a bit. had a tough time. i suck with it. its really satisfying to get hits on people, thats for sure. my accuracy probably 20% with it. i landed a couple headshots but was mostly missing. guess ill keep practicing. any tips?

i decided to use the cycler rifle for the first time today .. trying to mix up my play style a bit. had a tough time. i suck with it. its really satisfying to get hits on people, thats for sure. my accuracy probably 20% with it. i landed a couple headshots but was mostly missing. guess ill keep practicing. any tips?

I havent used it since the patch but I hate that gun. I was only able to get the 10 headshots trophy by shooting people trying to activate/deactivate the Y-wing uplinks

lawnchair

Banned
I havent used it since the patch but I hate that gun. I was only able to get the 10 headshots trophy by shooting people trying to activate/deactivate the Y-wing uplinks

i got a guy who was standing on top of the sandcrawler at the jawa refuge or whatever sniping at me. i ducked behind a rock, popped up, just his head was there and BLAM. it was great.

Boke1879

Downloading the update now, glad I didn't get the season pass, it doesn't really seem worth it now.

I'll wait until they detail what the season pass content will be in full. We'll be getting new weapons, star cards, heroes/villains and more maps.

I think it'll be worth it.

Woorloog

Banned
The A-wing fix and slight Ion Torp buff haven't changed Rebel air superiority at all. The A-Wing is still better than any other fighter, and the X-Wing is superior to TIEs.

I've shield-rammed 2-3 TIEs today, and won quite a bit other fights simply because of the shield. Frontal assault? Shield stops blasters even if i don't ram. It grants extended endurance for ground assaults.
And TIEs are still bigger than Rebel fighters, easier to hit.

MADGAME

I had a really horrible match on hoth where half the enemy team used the pulse cannon and i got respawn killed twice in row by that thing.... pissed me off really hard.

Yeah I'm still seeing lots of pulse cannons too. Ironically though, in a game of WA on Jundland, the A-wing icons remained untouched the entire phase. Damn.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sullust is his home planet.

Also I hope we get two more sabers. A slow tank like Vader for the Rebels (Ben Kenobi) and a quick hitter like Luke for the Imperials (an Inquisitor perhaps?).

That is a good guess. One I am not ruling out either.

LoveCake

I'll wait until they detail what the season pass content will be in full. We'll be getting new weapons, star cards, heroes/villains and more maps.

I think it'll be worth it.

I am going to wait also.

So you know all the content that comes with the Season Pass?

No (other than what has been written about on here) but EA really are dragging this out, I suppose this is a good thing, but by doing this people are moving on from the game, I still play now & then after reaching level 50 back in late November.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Am I crazy for wanting IG-88 and Bossk? Because any of those two would be awesome.

Nope, especially Bossk.

Bossk may come mirroring Chewie, since the Trandoshan are the natural enemies (helped the Empire enslave the Wookie). He is also very recognizable and was on Vader's ship working for the Empire to help find the Rebels.

Obi-Wan's definitely in there. I'd be surprised if an Inquisitor turned up after they said they were sticking with the OT.

Well, if they count the 3-5 years (Stars Wars Rebels) before ANH as the OT timeline, which Rouge One will solidify that being just before ANH as well, we may see one. Just as they counted the Battle of Jakku for TFA promotional tie in.

We have yet to know the RO villain they may go with. (Wether he/she is an inquisitor, or a bad ass super trooper, lol.)

Well it wouldn't surprise me if there was an Inquisitor or another lightsaber welding imperial that isn't Vader in Rogue One.
I don't think they'll want to steal Vader's thunder. Although there is supposed to be a white clothed Imperial with a cape in Rogue One. Maybe they'll use him.

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy crap, Twilight on Hoth is soooo pretty to look at. Very happy we got this map for free.

Turning Point on all maps is a blessing. Even when you have no idea where you're going and have flashbangs going off.

5taquitos

Final point on Outpost Beta in Turning Point is Operation Locker in a galaxy far far away.

Edit: Did they add a blue hue to Stormtroopers on Hoth?

I like the update so far. New Hoth map is amazing. Haven't tried Jakku at Dawn, but looks great in pics.

New Leia costume is okay, but glad we got another HvV map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom