• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Update sounds so good, downloading now. Ion torpedoes buffed, A-Wings nerfed, and it sounds like Luke will be beast mode.

Pulse cannon got a good nerf in movement speed without decreasing damage, and still allows normal movement while no-scoping. I approve.

Barrage, Bowcaster and Homing Shot may actually have uses now. We'll see.

Good job Dice on the patch notes, it is appreciated!

Edit: wait a second, nothing about Blast Trophy. Booooooooooooooooooooooooo
What is "Attract Mode"?
Does "fixing" power up spawns mean moving them?
Regarding the blast throphy. Read the notes again ;)

They didn't buff TIE fighters? The Rebel Shield is still far superior ability than the TIEs' Boost.
Not sure making A-Wings easier to hit solves the balance issue really.
A big problem with the A-Wing was that if the pilot was going full speed or making tight turns the autolock on the TIEs was unable to land a hit because the hitbox was too small. Now, theoretically TIEs should be able to kill A-Wings just as easily as A-Wings can kill TIEs.

Woorloog

Banned
A big problem with the A-Wing was that if the pilot was going full speed or making tight turns the autolock on the TIEs was unable to land a hit because the hitbox was too small. Now, theoretically TIEs should be able to kill A-Wings just as easily as A-Wings can kill TIEs.

Shield-ramming is a thing, Rebels have a big advantage in head-on attacks. And surviving occasional missile, the speed boost doesn't necessarily lose a missile but the shield can absorb one.

MADGAME

"Playing the objective" is the Blast trophy, so according to DICE it should be fixed. They said that with the last patch too, so... awaiting confirmation :)

Regarding the blast throphy. Read the notes again ;)

My bad on not making the name association between the two. I can verify however, that after downloading the update and syncing the trophies it still did not pop for me. Having to do it again is absolute bullshit, stat-tracking should be able to determine this.

Also, A New Hope theme music on main menu is epic.

Shield-ramming is a thing, Rebels have a big advantage in head-on attacks. And surviving occasional missile, the speed boost doesn't necessarily lose a missile but the shield can absorb one.
As far as I've experienced the missiles go right through the shields and do like 47% damage. The shields seem to only really help with blasters.

Woorloog

Banned
As far as I've experienced the missiles go right through the shields and do like 47% damage. The shields seem to only really help with blasters.

*Shrug*
I'm sure i've seen missiles deal zero damage vs shielded fighters. Perhaps it has been a bug (the missile explodes too far away) but...
Still, it is ramming that mostly concerns me.

Woorloog

Banned
Who the fuck thought it would be good idea to bring back jumpcaster?
FUCKING FUCK DICE

And the Homing-shot is still underpowered vs Air, especially with half my missiles doing zero damage (not sure if shields).

I just played a few hours of WA. The new map is gorgeous, the night setting with the snowfall is great. It was a bit chaotic, probably because nobody knows how to play it yet. They also changed Jakku to a dusk setting and it looks better than before. I didn't try all the weapon changes, mainly played around with the Cycler Rifle. It's pretty good now, it was decent before, but now it's much easier to land shots. I've seen people trying to Bowcaster and jump pack again. So I'll try that out later lol! A-wings are now killable yay! However, when it comes to air I still find Rebels a lot better than Imperials.

Palpable

Let me guess; they didn't fix the 1 hit melee. And don't say you have to aim for the head. You don't. It's arbitrary. Besides, I play in 3rd person. I can't just aim at their heads.

MADGAME

Let me guess; they didn't fix the 1 hit melee. And don't say you have to aim for the head. You don't. It's arbitrary. Besides, I play in 3rd person. I can't just aim at their heads.

If it really is arbitrary and you see me on the field, go ahead and rush melee me because I don't remember the last time I was in a melee encounter where I wasn't one-hit killed and the other player was left with 50% health.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
mX2Vp7rh.jpg

PC patch is out, apparently. Found this on reddit.

Awe yeah!!! Hoth map is twilight.

StormtrooperTwerk.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just played a few hours of WA. The new map is gorgeous, the night setting with the snowfall is great. It was a bit chaotic, probably because nobody knows how to play it yet. They also changed Jakku to a dusk setting and it looks better than before. I didn't try all the weapon changes, mainly played around with the Cycler Rifle. It's pretty good now, it was decent before, but now it's much easier to land shots. I've seen people trying to Bowcaster and jump pack again. So I'll try that out later lol! A-wings are now killable yay! However, when it comes to air I still find Rebels a lot better than Imperials.

Is Jakku dusk in all modes or only TP?

Woorloog

Banned
This new bug? I shot an AT-ST with A-Wing but crashed on the wreckage but i didn't really die, my HUD stayed on and i could adjust my speed. A moment later i died from being out of bounds.

Laputa_94

This new bug? I shot an AT-ST with A-Wing but crashed on the wreckage but i didn't really die, my HUD stayed on and i could adjust my speed. A moment later i died from being out of bounds.

I've had that happen to me. I posted a video of it a couple of weeks ago. Only difference was I was in a X-Wing.

Woorloog

Banned
General Veers would make a great Imperial hero, good counterpart to Lando (ignoring that Lando is most likely added in Bespin DLC, if added, and Veers doesn't fit there).

A Royal Guard would work as an Imperial hero, even without a name.

But Greedo? Eh. The guy was an idiot really, nothing heroic, or respectably villainous about him.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looks like Greedo is going to be one of the new Villains in the Outer Rim DLC going by this screenshot.

Knowing Jabba focused, I expected Greedo. Nice to see a confirmation.

Fingers crossed for Obi-Wan, but they might save him for Death Star. Chewie could be hero, or maybe save him for Bespin? (Lando would be a obvious option.)

Wonder if there will be 8 total, 4 on each side. Wish it would be clarified. Only way I see them skipping heroes in the DLC, is if they alternate with a pair of vehicles in the non hero/villain ones.

is that Nien Nunb? outfit suggests so

Appears to be.

dook

Neo Member
General Veers would make a great Imperial hero, good counterpart to Lando (ignoring that Lando is most likely added in Bespin DLC, if added, and Veers doesn't fit there).

But Greedo? Eh. The guy was an idiot really, nothing heroic, or respectably villainous about him.

Makes sense to have Greedo in the Outer Rim DLC and Royal Guard/Imp officers in the Death Star DLC I guess.

Cant see a connection between Nunb and the outer rim though, but I dont know much SW lore.

Makes sense to have Greedo in the Outer Rim DLC and Royal Guard/Imp officers in the Death Star DLC I guess.

Cant see a connection between Nunb and the outer rim though, but I dont know much SW lore.
Sullust is his home planet.

Also I hope we get two more sabers. A slow tank like Vader for the Rebels (Ben Kenobi) and a quick hitter like Luke for the Imperials (an Inquisitor perhaps?).

MADGAME

He is certainly relayed to Jabba, and beyond that he had screen time with Han, dialogue, and even tried to kill him. Royal Guards did absolutely nothing except stand. IMO they should spawn off Palpy instead of shock troopers, but not be heroes.

Gonna do some shameless self promotion ;-)
A couple of days ago I was fooling around with the game settings and discovered the no-hud option.
Man, was that some cool shit. Gameplay wise it's useless, but it's so cool to wander through the maps with only the scenery at your disposal.
So I decided to make a video with it (I also recently discovered the Sharefactory app and it's becoming really addicting)
And here's the result of my labor. I think it turned out well and will probably do some more when the DLC maps drop.

http://youtu.be/44drjrDrmvI

A couple of days ago I was fooling around with the game settings and discovered the no-hud option.
Man, was that some cool shit. Gameplay wise it's useless, but it's so cool to wander through the maps with only the scenery at your disposal.
So I decided to make a video with it (I also recently discovered the Sharefactory app and it's becoming really addicting)
And here's the result of my labor. I think it turned out well and will probably do some more when the DLC maps drop.

The music is a bit much for me but damn, this game is pretty, nice vid.

Noice!

Anth1888

Damn, the Graveyard of Giants WA map, is now at dusk, looks amazing.

I wish you could toggle the time of day like Endor Night/Day, Twilight Night/Day. Rather than it being specific to a game mode.

So it's probably looking something like this:

Outer Rim- Nien Nunb and Greedo

???- Chewbacca or Yoda and ???

Bespin- Lando Calrissian and ???

Death Star- Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Veers

MADGAME

LOVE the Gonk droid screen saver on the main menu!

So it's probably looking something like this:

Outer Rim- Nien Nunb and Greedo

???- Chewbacca or Yoda and ???

Bespin- Lando Calrissian and ???

Death Star- Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Veers

I need some saber clashin' between Obi-Wan and Vader on the Death Star while Rebels and Troopers pew pew each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom