• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Well now I realize why I'm not having as much fun with this patch

Turns out a kid who came to my house yesterday busted my R2 button after playing this game for 3hrs straight.

Kovet

it seems like the patch implemented some skill based matchmaking or something because im finally coming up against sentient opposition who can give me a run for my money. very refreshing. The new twilight on hoth map is extremely difficult to navigate and remember so far but i love the visual appeal it has. also good cycler rifle buff.

CD'S BAR

Played the new Hoth map on Blast, and it's not Hoth in twilight at all. It's Hoth in day, like normal. Anyway pretty weird layout with all the inner ledges inside the caves. Kind of cool though.

Played the new Hoth map on Blast, and it's not Hoth in twilight at all. It's Hoth in day, like normal. Anyway pretty weird layout with all the inner ledges inside the caves. Kind of cool though.

But it is a daytime portion of the large map, isn't it?
I like it as well. Wasn't expecting to get the new map for smaller modes, so a nice surprise.

it seems like the patch implemented some skill based matchmaking or something because im finally coming up against sentient opposition who can give me a run for my money. very refreshing. The new twilight on hoth map is extremely difficult to navigate and remember so far but i love the visual appeal it has. also good cycler rifle buff.

Complete opposite here... had a losing spree yesterday because 80% of my team was really really bad...
I even had a partner that was running back and was looking at map pieces.. i mean wtf

Complete opposite here... had a losing spree yesterday because 80% of my team was really really bad...
I even had a partner that was running back and was looking at map pieces.. i mean wtf

Which map on which platform was that? I've been recording/scouting locations for a video, so it could've been me lol

MADGAME

New Endor map teaser in map select screen

vHu8oWy.jpg

SmokeyBearHead.gif

Everybody, do yourself a favor and fire up some Fighter Squadron, turn of your HUD and play in first person.
You probably won't do very good, but man that's how the mode should be by default. Godly.

Everybody, do yourself a favor and fire up some Fighter Squadron, turn of your HUD and play in first person.
You probably won't do very good, but man that's how the mode should be by default. Godly.

I dont play in first person but its really easy to get caught up in the spectacle of it all. It really does feel like a Star Wars dogfight (which makes no space maps all the more painful). The fact that A-wings are actually killable makes it even better.

MADGAME

Nice contrast with a "firemap"
Could be very interesting if there is naturally occurring smoke in the map, preventing lock-ons, negating Scan Pulse, and providing cover while reducing visuals. Charred Ewok remains would be appreciated, Dice.

I dont play in first person but its really easy to get caught up in the spectacle of it all. It really does feel like a Star Wars dogfight (which makes no space maps all the more painful). The fact that A-wings are actually killable makes it even better.

If you fly towards the sky in the new Hoth map it's the closest thing to a space map ;-)

Dont tease me! :p

Seriously, it continues to be baffling how there are no space maps for fighter squadron, how hard could it be to create a space skybox with some planets in the distance?

What did they say about that exactly? Didn't they say something along the lines of "not happening for now"? So maybe there's a chance of it coming in the Deathstar DLC?
It's gotta be. They have to dammit!

lawnchair

Banned
i wish there was a whole separate expansion for flying vehicles .. different maps, missions, challenges, etc. its too much to ask, i know, but i'd kill to have a flight-based spinoff or game of its own using this enginge .. Battlefront's flying combat is decent, but it doesn't quite scratch the itch for me. for me a big part of the coolness of starwars flying is the more confined stuff - flying in the death star trench, flying inside the 2nd death star, the millenium falcon chase in TFA, stuff like that. the gigantic open spaces of Battlefront are fine but don't really hold a ton of excitement for me.

Seriously, it continues to be baffling how there are no space maps for fighter squadron, how hard could it be to create a space skybox with some planets in the distance?
Its probably an engine issue with having no point of reference for the fighter physics in the ground. That said, dogfights over the Death Star would be a great compromise. The "ground" would be the Death Star and it would still be a space battle.

5taquitos

Its probably an engine issue with having no point of reference for the fighter physics in the ground. That said, dogfights over the Death Star would be a great compromise. The "ground" would be the Death Star and it would still be a space battle.

There's no way we don't get a Death Star surface map with a trench. No way.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Maybe the Death Star expansion will be 'space' while above or around it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Isn't we only getting 4 heroes in total?

Some speculate 4 pairs as to how it was worded. I think it may just be 4 total, and alternating packs with pair of heroes in one, pair of vehicles in next, heroes again, then whatever the last pack is which may be Rogue One content, hence it is not talked about yet.

Ozorov

Some speculate 4 pairs as to how it was worded. I think it may just be 4 total, and alternating packs with pair of heroes in one, pair of vehicles in next, heroes again, then whatever the last pack is which may be Rogue One content, hence it is not talked about yet.

The official season pass page (http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/season-pass) states:

It's been a debate to whether or not if means 2 more of each or 4 more of each since it is ambiguously worded. I may be wrong, but I don't think it has been specifically clarified by Dice.
If I go to the Origin or Xbox site for the season pass it says "4 new iconic star wars characters"

Woorloog

Banned
Greedo and Nien Nunb are not really iconic in any way.

I mean, every fucking Rodian is Greedo (heck, in old EU, the whole Rodian culture was build around Greedo, ie they're trackers and kind of stupid).

I can't see Tarkin running around with a blaster, he is way too dignified and important for that, but he is far more iconic than either Greedo or Nien Nunb and more likely to be a hero.

MADGAME

There's no way we're getting Nien Nunb and Greedo if they're only releasing 4 in total.
Right?
This was my thought (and hope) but...per below...

If I go to the Origin or Xbox site for the season pass it says "4 new iconic star wars characters"
I see this also, on both PS4 and X1 page. Massive buzzkill. So much potential here, I hope they decide to change it up, maybe they will include a few heroes outside of the season pass
Dice pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom