• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
the main things i want to see addressed at this point are MELEE and MIX UP TEAMS after matches.
Forget melee, team balance is the one that needs to happen. DICE once tried to fix melee in BC2 and broke it completely (cant find the video anymore but there was one with a guy just repeatedly stabbing a guy in the back and it having no effect at all).

5taquitos

"Bounty Hunt [game mode]: Play as iconic Bounty hunters in this hunt or be hunted. Locate Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker before the escape."

(Heart skips beat)

Well with Greedo in the next DLC, that's two bounty hunters, which could be all that this is referring to.

Edit: I also seriously doubt they're going to introduce a play mode that raises the player cap.

Kovet

has the ee3 been nerfed a bit? mainly in the fire rate i cant seem to shoot it as rapidly in succession anymore. maybe me spamming it messed up my r2 trigger

So I've been away for a couple months because I couldn't be bothered with the lack of balance in Fighter Squadron, figured I would hop on and give it a go now that the A-Wings are supposedly fixed. It still feels the same, two of the exact same teams for 4 matches, so the same people on each side, no top players leaving, Rebels won 4 times in a row regardless of who was playing them. I didn't die once when playing either the X-Wing or A-Wing, while as either Tie would blow up when the wind changed direction.

I'm not sure if Dice are terrible at balancing the mode, or they are trying to stay true to Star Wars, in which case they seem to be missing the point of the Empire. The Empire win with their numbers, their starfighters are cheap, non-shielded weaker ships, but they have the numbers to overwhelm their enemy. In the game you are on equal footing with worse abilities. Is there a point to the speed ability? because it doesn't seem to be useful besides getting into battle faster after you keep dying, it doesn't seem to out run anything and in no way helps protecting yourself like the shield ability of the Rebels.

Same here. Ignored Fighter Squadron for a while because of the A-wing and jumped back in after the patch. Although it's easier to hit the A-wing, the mode is far from balanced. A skilled pilot in an A-wing, alternating between the shield ability and the evasion ability is pretty damn hard to take down. And the Speed ability in the Tie's is useless against that.

Palpable

It's fucken annoying how you can get constantly killed by ships when you can't do jack against them as infantry.

CKzckvXUsAA24Ex.jpg

Is this a joke? Ever since the update, it seems like everyone on the ground is using ion torpedoes and it's much harder to evade them now.

leng jai

I only just started playing again for first time in a few weeks. Every game it was the same 2 pilots on top with 5-1 K/D ratios. Barely anyone was using Ion Torpedo from what I saw. I reckon 80% of my deaths tonight were from an airship or Pulse Cannon.

Ozorov

I only just started playing again for first time in a few weeks. Every game it was the same 2 pilots on top with 5-1 K/D ratios. Barely anyone was using Ion Torpedo from what I saw. I reckon 80% of my deaths tonight were from an airship or Pulse Cannon.
What mode were you playing?

PrankT

Supremacy. I quite like the new Hoth map actually.
That's because people are selfish and take infantry-only loadouts assuming other people will take out the ships in the air. I always have an anti-vehicle loadout for air or AT-ST. Everyone gets shredded on supremacy and turning point without ion torpedo and/or ion shot.

The new map is awesome, but it's not very good for drop zone.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's because people are selfish and take infantry-only loadouts assuming other people will take out the ships in the air. I always have an anti-vehicle loadout for air or AT-ST. Everyone gets shredded on supremacy and turning point without ion torpedo and/or ion shot.

I always pack Smokes, Ion Torps, and usually Ion Shot or Focus Shot. I enjoy the support/scout role better in that mode.

Sadly, I am usually the only one, lol.

Ozorov

Wat-Meme-Old-Lady-Face-17.gif

Ozorov

Am I the only one that kinda dislikes that there are 2 rounds per map now? I often quit the server after 2 rounds cause I don't wanna play the same map 2 times in a row.

Am I the only one that kinda dislikes that there are 2 rounds per map now? I often quit the server after 2 rounds cause I don't wanna play the same map 2 times in a row.

If it was a good, close match, I stay. Nothing better then two good skilled teams taking each other on.
If it was a stomping on any side, I leave.

Ozorov

One thing I noticed on Twilight Hoth is that the AT-ST can go inside to the middle point on Supremacy. Pretty huge advantage if the right player gets it.

This game can be super fun and super cancer at the same time.
Is there even some kind of auto balance active? Sometimes a team gets stomped hard, without even the slightest chance. Worst thing are the kids that say "gg easy" at the end.

MADGAME

Yeah, same here. Not sure it is needed now since there is an odd number of maps, but I'm not sure flip-flopping between 1 and 2 rounds depending on how many maps exist is the way to go either. If Dice can make that change every time the map count changes then great, but it could get confusing for some.

leng jai

Helmetless Stormtroopers just seemed like a semi-cheat to me, especially on Hoth where you look basically the same as a Rebel from a distance. It's also completely at odds with the films.

MADGAME

There's compromise on the blasphemous helmet-less Stormtroopers: Dice could patch in the option for players to turn off helmet-less troopers locally. That way I would see helmets on all troopers, and those interested in ruining Star Wars immersion can still do so :p

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Disney is okay with it. They want to give them identity now it appears. Especially since they were no longer clones.

Being a Star Wars fan for over 35 years, it does not bother me so much. Maybe with Finn taking off his helmet softened the blow.

On Hoth, you aim for the blue hue. ;)

There's compromise on the blasphemous helmet-less Stormtroopers: Dice could patch in the option for players to turn off helmet-less troopers locally. That way I would see helmets on all troopers, and those interested in ruining Star Wars immersion can still do so :p

This is true.

5taquitos

Disney is okay with it. They want to give them identity now it appears. Especially since they were no longer clones.

Being a Star Wars fan for over 35 years, it does not bother me so much. Maybe with Finn taking off his helmet softened the blow.

They could have at least changed the faces for Imperials.

This definitely needs to happen

So if twilight on Hoth is an example to go by, then it looks like the outer rim dlc takes place within the novel twilight company.

Should be interesting.

lawnchair

Banned
speaking of stormtroopers, i don't recall dark troopers being in the OT .. only guys i remember wearing black were the tie fighter pilots

lawnchair

Banned
for you people suggesting that there be a toggle to make it so you can only see helmted stormtroopers on your end (ostensibly because helmetless ones can be tough to differentiate from rebels in certain situations giving them an unfair advantage) how would you feel about the option to make it so ALL stormtroopers just show up vanilla? darktroopers can be tough to spot in certain situations, giving them an advantage.

MADGAME

for you people suggesting that there be a toggle to make it so you can only see helmted stormtroopers on your end (ostensibly because helmetless ones can be tough to differentiate from rebels in certain situations giving them an unfair advantage) how would you feel about the option to make it so ALL stormtroopers just show up vanilla? darktroopers can be tough to spot in certain situations, giving them an advantage.

And Rebel troops are damn near invisible on Endor. Personally, I think there is a difference between changing armor color and giving players an option to see helmets.

some of us stormtroopers like to express ourselves

The day you sign up to be a stormtrooper is the day you sign away your right to express yourself.

Helmetless Stormtroopers just seemed like a semi-cheat to me, especially on Hoth where you look basically the same as a Rebel from a distance. It's also completely at odds with the films.

Exactly, why i find them so obtrusive. Even when you play on the side of stormtroopers they are an incumbrance.

They weren't, that selective canon at work.

They made entire map of a planet given one fleeting reference (and never shown) in the 3 OT films. That's just shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom