• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean?

Will the DLC add thropies?

In the book there was a battle called the siege of Inyusu Tor.

Took place around the volcanic hangars of Sullust featuring Nien Nunb, the DLC description and the promo art kinda goes in line with that.

But you know,it's still some (solid) speculation.

Ozorov

In the book there was a battle called the siege of Inyusu Tor.

Took place around the volcanic hangars of Sullust featuring Nien Nunb, the DLC description and the promo art kinda goes in line with that.

But you know,it's still some (solid) speculation.
Okey interesting! Thanks for sharing

Ozorov

So they said the March Free DLC will release before the Outer Rim-DLC. Do we expect it to release the day before(Free on tues, Rim on Wednesday) or one week before?

So they said the March Free DLC will release before the Outer Rim-DLC. Do we expect it to release the day before(Free on tues, Rim on Wednesday) or one week before?

Its probably first or second week of March for the Free Map and then a week later the Outer Rim Pack.

Woorloog

Banned
Season Pass owners get an early access, no? I mean... is the DLC release for Season Pass owners or everyone? And how long is the early access? One week, two weeks?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They weren't, that selective canon at work.

It is not selective, it is reordering it (filling in holes and remove 'WTF that makes no sense moments'). There was a lot of holes Lucas still did not plug up, that Disney is entrusting the LucasArts team to do so.

I prefer it personally. There was too much handcuffing for the actual storylines, and way out of left field crazy shit that the canon could not account for. They at least still allow creative freedoms within the canon, like the DICE artists to come up with their rendition of Sullust, which I think they did a brilliant job at.

Disney seems to also like 'Han Shooting First' (which they should edit out of the SE ;P), since the BluRay releases of the non-special edition, original theatrical cuts are still coming. They just ran into technical issues which delayed them a bit.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
looks like they were testing the chrome and forgot to remove them before releasing the patch my guess is they are making captain phasma color scheme armor

In Walker Assault, does Ion Shot make a difference on an exposed Walker?

I prefer it personally. There was too much handcuffing for the actual storylines, and way out of left field crazy shit that the canon could not account for. They at least still allow creative freedoms within the canon, like the DICE artists to come up with their rendition of Sullust, which I think they did a brilliant job at..

So what's the rationale for including a Sullust map again at the expense of at least 10 other OT locations?

Oh right, there isn't.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In Walker Assault, does Ion Shot make a difference on an exposed Walker?

So what's the rationale for including a Sullust map again at the expense of at least 10 other OT locations?

Oh right, there isn't.

Ion Shot I believe hits a little harder.

As for Sullust, it ties into the new book fleshing out Nien Nunb more. It is also a well known for place where the Imperials had their factories for building their Ships and Starfighters, so it would make sense for the Rebels to hit that place during the height of war.

10 other places? Such as?

Tatooine is in.
Endor is in.
Hoth is in.
Sullust is strategically important and in. (plus ads a nice variance)
Bespin is coming.
Death Star (not a planet) but is coming.
Dantooine (never shown in the the OT, and only mentioned from Leia twice in once sentence) could still be coming, and could be the planet where Roque One takes place as a base (we do not know yet, but makes sense), so it may come in Pack 4. It was in past games like SWG and KOTOR (while those games are not canon, the planet is), so it makes sense if so.

Alderaan does not exist anymore.
Dagobah will not work, since it is Yoda's hideout, and the Empire was not aware of it hiding in the Outer Rim.

Jakku with TFA tie in, and tastefully done.

I am failing to know about more. Can you possibly mention others I may have missed from the OT?

5taquitos

As for Sullust, it ties into the new book fleshing out Nien Nunb more. It is also a well known for place where the Imperials had their factories for building their Ships and Starfighters, so it would make sense for the Rebels to hit that place during the height of war.

Tatooine is in.
Endor is in.
Hoth is in.
Bespin is coming.
Dantooine (never shown in the the OT, and only mentioned from Leia twice in once sentence) could still be coming, and could be the planet where Roque One takes place as a base (we do not know yet, but makes sense), so it may come in Pack 4. It was in past games like SWG and KOTOR (while those games are not canon, the planet is), so it makes sense if so.

Dagobah will not work, since it is Yoda's hideout, and the Empire was not aware of it hiding in the Outer Rim.

I am failing to know about more. Can you possibly mention others I may have missed from the OT?

Well put.

The only other place from the OT that I could think of that would remotely fit would be the spice mines of Kessel. Yavin IV could come with the Death Star pack.

We need a Tantive IV map too, real bad.

Edit: If you take the Special Edition releases as canon (I don't), then they technically show Coruscant, Naboo, and some other places during the Death Star 2 destruction celebration, but I don't want to go down that path.

MADGAME

Tatooine is in.
Endor is in.
Hoth is in.
Bespin is coming.

Well put.

The only other place from the OT that I could think of that would remotely fit would be the spice mines of Kessel. Yavin IV could come with the Death Star pack.

Edit: If you take the Special Edition releases as canon (I don't), then they technically show Coruscant, Naboo, and some other places during the Death Star 2 destruction celebration, but I don't want to go down that path.

Thinking of all these locations making it in the game, plus new weapons, star ships, star cards, character races and new game modes really has my excitement rejuvenated.

I still think Dagobah would make an excellent location, but implementing it without Yoda would be a fail.

Tatooine is in.
Endor is in.
Hoth is in.
Bespin is coming.

Yavin 4 and Coruscant are another they could do.

Edit: beaten like a infant Jedi

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well put.

Thinking of all these locations making it in the game, plus new weapons, star ships, star cards, character races and new game modes really has my excitement rejuvenated.

I still think Dagobah would make an excellent location, but implementing it without Yoda would be a fail.

Yavin 4 and Coruscant are another they could do.

Edit: beaten like a infant Jedi

Ah yes, Yavin IV (how can I forget, lol), that may be coming, but I am not sure they mentioned anything about Coruscant other than the SE showing a celebration with Naboo as well, but I am sure they are not counting that for this OT series.

Kessel I suppose, but there would have to be new canon writings to go along, which it can still happen.

Agreed about wanting a Tantive IV for an iconic small objective mode/blast like map.

Ord Mantell was mentioned in ESB. Also a possible locale.

Indeed this as well since it was a pivotal victory in Aftermath.

I still fail to see besides Yavin 4, which is probably coming, but too similar to Endor for launch, where the unique look of Sullust, and it's prime importance due to the Imperial Fleet was build there is an issue The Second Spitter had.

I still fail to see besides Yavin 4, which is probably coming, but too similar to Endor for launch, where the unique look of Sullust, and it's prime importance due to the Imperial Fleet was build there is an issue The Second Spitter had.

Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace, Death Star 2, Great Pit of Carkoon (incorporating Jabba's Sail Barge, Desert Skiff and Sarlacc) and Space are some others not mentioned above.

GeeTeeCee

Ugh, my first time playing Battlefront for two weeks, and our team fails to capture a single zone in Turning Point on Jakku because 90% of players just want to play sniper wars.

5taquitos

Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace, Death Star 2, Great Pit of Carkoon (incorporating Jabba's Sail Barge, Desert Skiff and Sarlacc) and Space are some others not mentioned above.

Jabba's Palace will be in the first DLC, and hopefully the Sail Barge makes an appearance (there's a Sarlacc already in the game on Dune Sea Exchange).

I could see both the first and the second Death Stars making appearances in the Death Star pack, but that may be wishful thinking. I'd love an Empror's Throne Room map.

I agree with you on Mos Eisley, it needs to be in the game.

Edit: And yeah, some space would be awesome. Flying between capital ships above the second Death Star would be perfect. I can pretty much guarantee that we'll get a Trench Run map though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Jabba's Palace is coming in March (next month), Death Star is coming in the 3rd pack, Pit of Carkoon is there with a Desert Skiff. I still fail to see how you go on about "10 other planets" but then resort to stuff that is already there besides Eisley, on planets that are already there, yet you have issue with Sullust? I love the change of scenery in Sullust.

Eisley may be coming as well, because the community is requesting an urban style map, and it would be perfect for it (and they already have the Falcon in a docking bay on there. Have you played the game and read the news we all have been posting about?

Jabba's Palace is coming in March (next month), Death Star is coming in the 3rd pack, Pit of Carkoon is there with a Desert Skiff. I still fail to see how you go on about "10 other planets" but then resort to stuff that is already there besides Eisley, on planets that are already there, yet you have issue with Sullust? I love the change of scenery in Sullust.

Eisley may be coming as well, because the community is requesting an urban style map, and it would be perfect for it (and they already have the Falcon in a docking bay on there. Have you played the game and read the news we all have been posting about?

Well, firstly I said 10 other OT locations.

The conversation went off on a tangent a bit from my point that "sticking with the canon of the OT" (and variants thereof) is just a card DICE have played only when convenient. I guess Sullust could have been called Mustafar without too many complaints.

But I don't mind playing Sullust (especially now that i got a jetpack) and it's obviously a map designed for Walker Assault. Obviously you couldn't do accommodate that in a Death Star or Cloud City map.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well, firstly I said 10 other OT locations.

The conversation went off on a tangent a bit from my point that "sticking with the canon of the OT" (and variants thereof) is just a card DICE have played only when convenient. I guess Sullust could have been called Mustafar without too many complaints.

But I don't mind playing Sullust (especially now that i got a jetpack) and it's obviously a map designed for Walker Assault. Obviously you couldn't do accommodate that in a Death Star or Cloud City map.

It is not a 'card DICE played'. This whole, 'gamer vs. the wicked dev' mentality shit has to stop. That is not how any of it works.

There are rules they have to follow with the license. Disney is strict with this shit, but they also do a good cohesive job compared to how it was before. This is not made up shit, licensing is no joke now, more than ever. I experienced that first hand working closely with Sony San Diego on getting the Stadiums and Uniforms up to snuff, with what you are allowed to get away with (which is practically nothing), and not get away with compared to 10 years ago with MLB/MLBPA. And whatever slipped through the cracks with his game, has been updated in patches (Heroes on certain map removals, etc). It is a constant back and forth emailing with your licensee representative and waiting on approvals and rejections, lol.

Mustafar was a useless planet after the events of EP3... so there is no reason to have it, nor does it look the same, at all. It has Lava? Well so doesn't planet Earth, and probably all planet for that matter. Sullust also has vast amounts of sulfuric areas/oaceans, and it is much more varied than the dark black and red planet. There was also no major battles there... yet. Again, Sullust has always been the Empire's haven for their Fleet Factories. It makes perfect sense, especially with the new book and direction Disney/LucasArts is taking.

There have been plenty of interviews with LucasArts and Disney themselves with how they are handling the license, I do suggest some light reading. It is really exciting stuff, and a great time to be alive for a Star Wars fan. Especially older vets.

Korosenai

How much different is this game since it launched? Haven't played it in a couple months but my friend is telling me it is exactly the same game. I'm looking at patch notes though and it seems they've changed a bunch of stuff up.

PrankT

How much different is this game since it launched? Haven't played it in a couple months but my friend is telling me it is exactly the same game. I'm looking at patch notes though and it seems they've changed a bunch of stuff up.
There have been a lot of changes for the better, including new maps and buffs/nerfs. But there are still balancing issues that are inherent to many games. Ultimately, people who never liked the game will still not like it, and those who liked the game originally will love it.

Ozorov

Passed the 200 hr today and still discovering new things. Only just now I saw the Bantha herd passing in the Dunesea map.
Also saw that a couple of days ago. Very cool. I also saw a Bantha-man with his rifle on top of a tatooine map doing that "scream" thing. And a frozen tauntaun on the new hoth-map

GeeTeeCee

Does anyone else think the Ion Torpedo star card needs a shorter cooldown time?

I was playing Turning Point on Jundland Wastes and our team was getting annhilated by a couple of uncontested Airspeeders (only Ties to fight back). I lock on with the torpedo, but the Airspeeders could just pop their targeting scrambler and escape. By the time the torpedo cooled down and you could get a clear shot on the speeders they would pop a fresh scrambler again. Not to mention the fact they would likely still have an evasive maneuver stocked, or could just race over the hills to safety.

It's the first time I've used this particular star card since launch and it feels almost completely useless at the moment.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Very nice

I love everything about the cycler rifle
Yeah I love the cycler rifle. I rarely get killed by it though, it doesn't seem to be very popular. My favorite is when someone pops shields and starts running towards you to melee and you shoot them point blank. That and headshots.
It is super frustrating when you pull off a super long distance shot on a moving target and you only hit the body and they are to far away to finish off. It has also kinda made the scout pistol redundant.

MADGAME

Partner spawning can make a huge difference in the tide and flow of the game yet so few do it. There should be an incentive, a small amount of points for example, for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom