• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's been in the game for awhile. I'm not sure about beta but it was in at launch. It's not just being under fire, as sometimes my partner is clear and I still can't spawn on them. Mabey its something like proximity to fire or an enemy.
Its buggy as hell in BF4, sometimes you can't spawn on your squad mate who isnt taking any fire and then it will let you spawn straight into a headshot.

Xzan

That was kind of my point, scout pistol isn't really worth it. There's no situations where I'll put that card in because there is always something better to use. I agree, the delay in the weapon swap animation is one of the main reasons not to use it.

I also agree that of those three sucky trait cards, bodyguard is best, but it's not really needed now that homing shot got a needed nerf. The only reason I would use it would be to counter splash from fighters, everything else can be countered or avoided.

Yes, though taking anything other than Pulse Cannon, Thermal Detonator, or an Ion weapon could (would) be considered sub-optimal and/or situational, depending on game type. The Scout Pistol is already OHK if both shots hit or you get a headshot, so how do you improve that while still allowing for the weapon swapping mechanics? I see a lot of people on reddit, etc. justifying the cheesiness of the Pulse Cannon by claiming that everything should be buffed to be more powerful. Problem is, we started at that point and people didn't like it.

IMO, one of the main problems is that the Jump Pack is just too good not to take, which means you're left with choosing 1 card out of 12 instead of 2 cards out of 13. I'm not sure how they fix that. I don't think Jump Pack should be built in but perhaps they could make the Jump Pack card a charged card and force players choose between mobility, weapon buffs or protection (or wallhack). I think its a good compromise between bringing a wider variety of star cards into play whilst keeping Jump Pack optional.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think the weapon and card balance is pretty much perfect now. Everything is situationally viable.

I would have to agree. Everything just seems right, especially with the right amount of boom boom boomers too. No longer a nade/rocket fest, but enough go off to still give the 'oh shit' feeling.

Until of course, the first DLC comes with weapons/star cards/buffs that are OP they will have to nerf back and rebalance later, lol.

MADGAME

I've actually played with you before in Walker Assault and we're not even friends on PSN, I just remembered you from this thread. lol

My PSN is my GAF name with no spaces.
Nice, we are already war-hardened battle brothers. FR sent.

Shot an airspeeder out of the air with a Cycler Rifle today. That gun is great now.
Was it a one-shot kill or was the Air Speeder already damaged?

Orcus

This doesnt make any sense. You want one cheap ass Star Card nerfed, but the other one back to how it was...
Homing Shot is fine where it is now. You want to kill someone? Get closer to him or use the cheap Pulse Cannon...
That's not what I said. I think they should keep the speed and turning radius nerfs for the homing shot in addition to a damage nerf to make up for the decreased lock time.

I want an actual nerf to the pulse cannon, not major, but something more significant than a 3% spread penalty while moving while ADS.

I just want all of the weapons and cards to be viable in some form. It's better than it was, but there are still the majority of cards and trait cards that are rarely used because of balance issues. It's obvious when pay attention to what skilled players are using, and to a lessor extent the general population of the game. There's a lot of content that lies fallow because it just doesn't pay to use it. Generally, and with limits, I think that more content and variety leads to better gameplay with more dynamic and interesting interactions in game.

Orcus

I feel like I've been negative in my past few posts, time for some positive love.

I'm happy most kills and highest score are off the trophy screen, or at least for some game modes. It encourages objective play and surfaces people who might not have been in the top three score wise, but helped win the game.

I'm liking the new content. It definitely makes me excited for what is coming next.

The awing and dl44 nerfs were god sends, only thing that would have made more impact t balanced gameplay would be team balancing.

Disktrasa

Banned
Bought the season pass last week, was waiting for a sale, but what the hell, i am a star warsgeek, i just hope that DICE can hold this game well populated, my fear is that no one will play the dlcmaps a couple of months after the last pack is released =/

Bought the season pass last week, was waiting for a sale, but what the hell, i am a star warsgeek, i just hope that DICE can hold this game well populated, my fear is that no one will play the dlcmaps a couple of months after the last pack is released =/

If they provide a proper selection of Season Pass playlists, it shouldnt be impossible to play this maps later on. You can sill use your new Cards and Weapons on Vanilla Maps to make people angry or jelly :D

Tubie

CATgM40.png

I didn't know they added this to the stats page.

Vader truly is shit compared to the others lol.

Ozorov

Our team is making an adjustment to the Daily Challenge reset time that currently refreshes at 1600 CET, this is being bumped up 6 hours to 1000 CET. You may also notice a variance in the timing it takes to reset your actual Daily Challenge, you may see a 10-minute delay in your specific timer’s refresh.

Our team will be watching this new time slot and will update as needed.

I didn't know they added this to the stats page.

Vader truly is shit compared to the others lol.

Dunno, I like Vader more than Luke when it comes to a couple things.. His force choke can instantly take out an Honor Guard, unlike Luke's force push. Plus I'm pretty sure Force Choke has greater ranger too. Then the Lightsaber throw has better ranger and keeps Vader out of harms way unlike Luke's Charging slash.

Although my stats Suggest I like Luke more. lol

wzAbgFX.png

Orcus

1v2 two A-Wings, couldn't even imagine doing that before. Still it was pretty tough, I only had 10 hp after it lol.
Yes, it's euphoric when you get those A-Wing kills now! Especially after so many frustrating pre-patch rounds of getting worked by them.

I think that rebels are still a bit op, but at least it's playable and fun now.

I know we just got the new Hoth map, but I want the new Endor map already

Im expecting this map really soon. I mean the February patch was already a bit prepared for this map and its already in the Ui.

Maybe next week.

And one or two weeks after that the Outer Rim pack.

Hm i just checked the reveal pattern for the Jakku DLC. On Nov 24 they revealed concept arts about it. A week later the full gameplay trailer dropped. Maybe we will see something this week???

Oynox

Soo. The game is on sale once again on Xbox Live so I again think about getting this, maybe including the season pass. What content is announced so far for season pass holders?

Soo. The game is on sale once again on Xbox Live so I again think about getting this, maybe including the season pass. What content is announced so far for season pass holders?

At least 16 maps
4 new modes
New heroes
Weapons
Star Cards
Vehicles
Level cap increase

The first DLC is out this month, It's called the Outer Rim

Palpable

My friends dad is a graphic designer. Went over to my friends place and saw this amazing framed poster. Gonna definitely get his dad to make me one. He designed it himself.

wNrvpZ.jpeg

Sorry about that shit reflection

My friends dad is a graphic designer. Went over to my friends place and saw this amazing framed poster. Gonna definitely get his dad to make me one. He designed it himself.

http://i.cubeupload.com/wNrvpZ.jpeg[img]

Sorry about that shit reflection[/QUOTE]

Lovely

[quote="Oynox Slider, post: 197200445"]Do we already know when the last DLC will be released?[/QUOTE]

Early 2017, the last one is being kept a secret though, speculation says it's rouge one related.

Oynox

Early 2017, the last one is being kept a secret though, speculation says it's rouge one related.

Thank you for your help! Still cannot decide to buy it though... throwing 20 bucks at something I do not exactly know is strange. It drives me nuts that they always reduce the base and deluxe version of the game by 50% but the Ultimate only by 35% lol

Do we already know when the last DLC will be released?

March 2016 = Outer Rim
Summer 2016 (probably June/July) = Bespin
Fall 2016 (probably September/October) = Death Star
Early 2017 = TBA but maybe a Rouge One DLC?

Each pack contains new modes, weapons and star cards.

Thank you for your help! Still cannot decide to buy it though... throwing 20 bucks at something I do not exactly know is strange. It drives me nuts that they always reduce the base and deluxe version of the game by 50% but the Ultimate only by 35% lol

Change the store region and shop even cheaper :p

Oynox

March 2016 = Outer Rim
Summer 2016 (probably June/July) = Bespin
Fall 2016 (probably September/October) = Death Star
Early 2017 = TBA but maybe a Rouge One DLC?

Each pack contains new modes, weapons and star cards.

Change the store region and shop even cheaper :p

Yeah, I would pay 23€ for the Deluxe Version and 41€ for the Ultimate Edition via Colombia... However, I am not sure whether I should invest those additional euros. I am unsure if I will play this game anymore in one year.

Woorloog

Banned
IMO it is too long. Heck, the wait for the first DLC is too long.
And doubly so since we have no idea what they will contain exactly.

IMO it is too long. Heck, the wait for the first DLC is too long.
And doubly so since we have no idea what they will contain exactly.

Uhm yes we do.

4 Maps each pack, a new Mode/s, new Weapons, New StarCards, New Hero

We know a lot already. Not in detail, but we know stuff.

4 months isnt really long. standard time. It takes time to create all this stuff.

Icefire1424

I should probably give this game another shot. Only jumped into a couple multiplayer games so far, but the game just hasn't "clicked" with me yet. Granted, I was pretty heavy into Metal Gear and Fallout when this dropped, so admittedly it never got a fair shake.

Woorloog

Banned
Uhm yes we do.

4 Maps each pack, a new Mode/s, new Weapons, New StarCards, New Hero

We know a lot already. Not in detail, but we know stuff.

4 months isnt really long. standard time. It takes time to create all this stuff.

No we don't know.
What exactly? Which weapons? Their stats? Etc.
EDIT Exact stats won't be know before balancing is finalized, of course, but the general idea: eg "long-range semi-auto rifle" could be told.

Vague "new stuff" is not exact, not enough to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom