• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD'S BAR

They're probably doing Greedo and Nien because they're essentially already in the game as skins. Just have to change the clothes.

The new maps sound nice. I hope all 2 or 3 or however many are playable on Blast.

Can these expansions be bought separately from the Season Pass? I want them but I'd rather not drop the $50 all at once.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's gotta be.

Makes no sense having 2 in the first pack and then having 2 more spread out over the map packs.

Only way I see the original plan, was 2 heroes in the first pack, 2 new vehicles in the second, heroes in the third, and vehicles in the last one.

I wonder how the scatter gun will compare to the Jawa blaster or the Cycler up close.

Edit: I also wonder if it will be another physical projectile gun. My gut says yes, it'll be another shield-popper.

Here is some info the TOR MMO:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scatter_gun

My bad, total rookie mistake. In my mind I was thinking Outer Rim as remote locations on the planets such as the Factories of Sullust and Dune Sea Exchange, and not Mos Eisley the urban location which is obviously on Tatooine, a planet in the Outer Rim. Crap post by me.

Ah, gotcha. We all do want a Tatooine urban map in Mos Eisley!

They should probably clarify whether the season pass includes four heroes and villains, or four heroes and four villains. The confusion surrounding this is only going to lead to pissed off fans whenever a new hero is revealed.

Agreed.

A non-answer if there ever was one.

Hopefully that means more than just the limited 4 total that is assumed due to the first announcement. They seem to be hinting on more than one occasion they built and were building a lot of models.

Now I can totally see this guy coming as a hero as well:

vFD3JPayLxFvO.gif

His powers are just three proximity bomb slots.

IT'S

A

TRAP

Perfect, lol.

Nice!

Can these expansions be bought separately from the Season Pass? I want them but I'd rather not drop the $50 all at once.

More than likely. They did this with Battlefield.

Ah i see the hate train is coming on the gaming side.

Must... Stay... Away!

-----

I wonder if the Dioxis Grenade is a DOT AOE or just a gas cloud that is straight damage AOE. The former would be more hilarious to see people run then drop dead around the corner.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, if they hate the lazy heroes, they can hate all they want. I sure as hell hate DICE's decision to use those as "heroes".

I will get the DLC if the maps support WA/Supremacy or if the old maps support the game mode and it is good, otherwise i'll pass this DLC (and the Season Pass). Probably.

CD'S BAR

for me that's a great reason not to use them ..

I agree with you, but surely that's the devs' cost efficient reasoning. At least we're guaranteed a completely new villain for the next dlc. I don't play Heroes and Villains anyway but if they put IG-88 I sure as shit would. Or maybe Tarkin with the Death Star DLC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well, if they hate the lazy heroes, they can hate all they want. I sure as hell hate DICE's decision to use those as "heroes".

I will get the DLC if the maps support WA/Supremacy or if the old maps support the game mode and it is good, otherwise i'll pass this DLC (and the Season Pass). Probably.

As SG-17 has said, I just see them as a bonus at this point. I rarely ever get the tokens when playing. Nor do I go out of my way to look for them. Again, if they plan on many more than 4 total, this is a non-issue regardless. You do not unload all your best shit with the first pack, that is bad for the business side, lol. Now if Obi-Wan was never in it when all is said and done, I would be annoyed on principal, but I doubt that will be the case.

5taquitos

At least all the hero hate has people distracted from the fact that the first pack is using the same planets that are in the base game.

You know I dont really mind the new heores.

Is anyone here loving the fact that the OT is getting more fleshed out in the sense that some more popular attractions in the OT are being left till later.

I mean chewie, mos eisley etc is all great but we've played them cointless number of times.

I wish they would lean more towards the early concepts as well.

Risgroo

Discussion on GAF seems to have gone to hell over the last few years. Not just about Battlefront, but in general. Everything's either the best thing ever or absolute garbage.

Maybe it's always been like this - I dunno.

Edit: Just to be clear: I don't need a "safe space" or anything like that. Criticism is fine, as is being enthusiastic about something you love. I'm just so sick of the way most threads on GAF go these days.

Discussion on GAF seems to have gone to hell over the last few years. Not just about Battlefront, but in general. Everything's either the best thing ever or absolute garbage.

I dont expect anything better.

Gaming side has always had the collective IQ of a honey roasted peanut.

Maybe we already went over this pages back, but do we know if all the non-mpa/mode elements can be used when playing with non-DLC owners? It would be a shame if we could only use those additional options in a dedicated playlist (like the free Jakku handling) and cut the player base worse than the maps and mode already will.

Ozorov

Maybe we already went over this pages back, but do we know if all the non-mpa/mode elements can be used when playing with non-DLC owners? It would be a shame if we could only use those additional options in a dedicated playlist (like the free Jakku handling) and cut the player base worse than the maps and mode already will.

What do you mean?

You can use the new weapons on vanilla maps, yes. Not sure how its going to work with the heroes.

I've said it before and still think it's a possibility that some (iconic) heroes will come through separate (paid) DLC.
The inclusion of Nien Numb and Greedo in the first pack has my suspicion growing.

MADGAME

Toa TAK

Banned
Should we just keep the news within the OT? I mean, every time it's posted in Gaming Side it just becomes a shitshow and no one outside the OT even cares. =\

lawnchair

Banned

that's just how people communicate in general now.

"_______ is the best thing ever" and "________ is the worst thing ever" have recently taken the english language by storm. it wasn't always this way.

Why? Why do people care so much about this? Im still playing the game for hours even that im lvl 50 for months now.

They probably only increased it by 10, because there are unlocks behind some levels.
Shooters have been training players with the carrot of leveling since 2007. It's hard to break from that.

lawnchair

Banned
the leveling thing is more important when there's actually stuff locked behind the levels. the number itself doesn't matter.

in the case of battlefront the significant levels (for me) were

13 - jump pack
26 - last trait unlocked
28 - cycler rifle

from then on it's just .. welp, i guess i'll be a darktrooper one day. (yawn). the level # ceases to matter at that point.

5taquitos

I've said it before and still think it's a possibility that some (iconic) heroes will come through separate (paid) DLC.
The inclusion of Nien Numb and Greedo in the first pack has my suspicion growing.

This would cause a huge backlash if they released paid hero packs separately from the season pass while the season pass is still active (i.e. before the 4th expansion comes out).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Edit: Just to be clear: I don't need a "safe space" or anything like that. Criticism is fine, as is being enthusiastic about something you love. I'm just so sick of the way most threads on GAF go these days.

that's just how people communicate in general now.

"_______ is the best thing ever" and "________ is the worst thing ever" have recently taken the english language by storm. it wasn't always this way.

It is that political 'Red vs. Blue' conditioning at play. We have an 'illusion of choice', you can clearly see it game pricing threads where people legit act like they do not have a choice.

I have this feeling as well.

This would cause a huge backlash if they released paid hero packs separately from the season pass while the season pass is still active (i.e. before the 4th expansion comes out).

It all depends on what the 4th pack is going to be I think. If that is indeed Rogue One related, you only have two packs left for 4 iconic (rebel) heroes:
- Lando
- Obi-Wan
- Chewie
- Yoda

If they're going to do one rebel and one imperial hero per pack, you still have two left to add to the game.
Personally I wouldn't mind a character pack, separate from the season pack, but it indeed will be fuel for all the haters.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It all depends on what the 4th pack is going to be I think. If that is indeed Rogue One related, you only have two packs left for 4 iconic (rebel) heroes:
- Lando
- Obi-Wan
- Chewie
- Yoda

If they're going to do one rebel and one imperial hero per pack, you still have two left to add to the game.
Personally I wouldn't mind a character pack, separate from the season pack, but it indeed will be fuel for all the haters.

You can count Yoda out. He did not take part in any GCW battles. He was in hiding.

F* the haters. They are not pleased regardless, and most on here are just mouth-breathing and are not customers anyhow.

Well.. They could add heroes for free also, right?

This is true. As a celebration to the 40th Anniversary (May 25th) on May the 4th perhaps?

5taquitos

- Lando
- Obi-Wan
- Chewie
- Yoda

I was referring more to people being outraged that paid content isn't included in the season pass.

Why? Why do people care so much about this? Im still playing the game for hours even that im lvl 50 for months now.

They probably only increased it by 10, because there are unlocks behind some levels.

ofcourse only if there is stuff to unlock. It gives me another reason to keep playing except for the fun factor.

Man i wish i could get some glimpses from future DLC packs as it seems like people have already seen them. Reading this nonsense like "i regret buying the season pass" etc..

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man i wish i could get some glimpses from future DLC packs as it seems like people have already seen them. Reading this nonsense like "i regret buying the season pass" etc..

Hahaha, right. And I told myself, "You will not post in it. This is it, the time you will stop posting in the gaming threads on this." I have failed, the Dark Side is powerful. At least a lasted a few hours this time before posting.

I like to think me purchasing the DLC last night triggered the news. ;)

I'm having a right laugh in the DLC thread.
People wanting Rancor and R2D2 as heroes.. lol

We are legit being trolled, lol. Hell, the new Troll-Poll says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom