• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovet

its probably just allowing people to buy some trait cards early on without having to unlock them with leveling. Having scout at lvl 50 is an advantage to someone whos level 4 or so (although unlocking the traits could take a day or so of playing IMO).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My friends dad is a graphic designer. Went over to my friends place and saw this amazing framed poster. Gonna definitely get his dad to make me one. He designed it himself.

wNrvpZ.jpeg

Sorry about that shit reflection

Those are amazing. Would he consider replicating it for a donation. ;)

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Would've gotten the season pass right now if

a.) Uncharted 4 wasn't coming in 2 months
b.) The Canadian $ wasnt shit

MADGAME

What is the possibility and likelihood of a patch that could reduce loading times? Sometimes itis terrible. Even backing out of a game to the main menu is painful.

Have They Said anything if the outer rim-DLC will be available for non-season pass-owners in march?

You should get the Season Pass buddy :p

But nope they havent. I still hope the pack comes mid March for SP owners and end of March for everyone. But sadly still no peep about the pack besides the Concept Art.

Sledge tweeted that they are waiting for the Content approval, so the pack is probably already in cert.

Ozorov

You should get the Season Pass buddy :p

But nope they havent. I still hope the pack comes mid March for SP owners and end of March for everyone. But sadly still no peep about the pack besides the Concept Art.

Sledge tweeted that they are waiting for the Content approval, so the pack is probably already in cert.
I have bought it but If they said non-season pass-owners would get it in march as well we could have a proper timeline to go after :). Now it could be anywhere between 2nd and 31st.

What is the possibility and likelihood of a patch that could reduce loading times? Sometimes itis terrible. Even backing out of a game to the main menu is painful.

I'd love this too. The worst, is when you join a game right at the conclusion of it, so it shows you're joining Endor, takes FOREVER to load and it loads you at the beginning of the next map. >_>

MADGAME

I'd love this too. The worst, is when you join a game right at the conclusion of it, so it shows you're joining Endor, takes FOREVER to load and it loads you at the beginning of the next map. >_>

I feel the pain. My signature move is spawning in after a nice long map load, then another long spawn load, only to see DEFEAT. Then go through the double-load process again before I can play.

Dice pls.

Xzan

This is purely my opinion/anecdotal observation, but I suspect a lot of these slowdowns are the game talking to the EA servers at certain points and waiting for the server to update. I've had a Samsung 840 EVO SSD in my PS4 since launch and exiting games is still pretty slow.

Why I suggest this, is because even just logging into the EA server takes ages for me, and always has in most other EA games (Mass Effect 2 on Xbox 360, Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4, etc.). The time DA:I takes to log me in seems to be the same on the 113 Mbps cable connection I had until August last year as the 3.5Mbps ADSL connection I'm on at the moment, so bandwidth doesn't seem to be the issue.

The Battlefront menu takes around 10 seconds or less to appear after launching the application but logging into the EA servers can take a couple of minutes.

I wish I could provide a better answer to this, but I recall some Master Chief Collection patches targeting improved loading times. At the very least, it seems possible.

EYEL1NER

Man, what a terrible feeling that was. I have had the game for a good minute but barely got to play it before leaving the country I was only able to play offline while gone. I'm back now and started playing some Walker Assault and other large gametypes. Haven't been doing that well but it's whatever. I have been having a lot of fun flying fighters in the large gametypes though so I finally just tried Fighter Squadron. I was flying around in that first match fucking shit up, thinking 'Hell yeah, I'm a badass. This is more like it.' Then the results screen appears and I see that most of my kills were against AI. I didn't even realize while flying the mission that there was AI. Of course now that I think about it, there was way too many red enemy dots at the beginning of the mission when they were all grouped together still for them to all be players, and I guess there were no gamertags when targeting some. But it didn't occur to me during that first round. Hype deflated... I definintly got shown up when trying to dogfight in later matches against experienced players.

To release it on the disc or what?

No, just in general.
Some time after the Bluray release of TFA they will start promoting this spinoff. Its interesting anyway how they are going to do it. Ive already seen comments on facebook etc where people thought that Rouge One is EP8.

No, just in general.
Some time after the Bluray release of TFA they will start promoting this spinoff. Its interesting anyway how they are going to do it. Ive already seen comments on facebook etc where people thought that Rouge One is EP8.

Yeah, I expect we'll get the first trailer sometime before Civil War's release date and they'll attach it to that in cinemas.

MADGAME

Hoping to hear some new content news soon!

This is purely my opinion/anecdotal observation, but I suspect a lot of these slowdowns are the game talking to the EA servers at certain points and waiting for the server to update. I've had a Samsung 840 EVO SSD in my PS4 since launch and exiting games is still pretty slow.

Why I suggest this, is because even just logging into the EA server takes ages for me, and always has in most other EA games (Mass Effect 2 on Xbox 360, Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4, etc.). The time DA:I takes to log me in seems to be the same on the 113 Mbps cable connection I had until August last year as the 3.5Mbps ADSL connection I'm on at the moment, so bandwidth doesn't seem to be the issue.

The Battlefront menu takes around 10 seconds or less to appear after launching the application but logging into the EA servers can take a couple of minutes.

I wish I could provide a better answer to this, but I recall some Master Chief Collection patches targeting improved loading times. At the very least, it seems possible.
I may be thinking of another game, but didn't they increase loading times via a patch in the Beta? I'm sure it is much easier to accomplish when dealing with a few maps.

EYEL1NER

It is a bummer that the player count on Xbox One is so low... :(
I didn't know if it was low or if it was just because I was searching at 2AM these last few nights but it does take longer than I would expect to find a match. I knew it was obviously going to be lower than the PS4s player count but is it really that low? I have challenges waiting for me to finish some Blast and Droid Run matches... Are there already gametypes that do not have any population?

Woorloog

Banned
What is "low"?

Because PC has by far the lowest player-count, and finding matches is rather fast (unless playing with a friend, but even then MM speed is perfectly acceptable). Heck, finding games 3AM local time (UTC+2) isn't that slow.

Logically, Xbone cannot be any slower, having far more players.

EDIT I play bigger modes exclusively. No comment on smaller modes.

I didn't know if it was low or if it was just because I was searching at 2AM these last few nights but it does take longer than I would expect to find a match. I knew it was obviously going to be lower than the PS4s player count but is it really that low? I have challenges waiting for me to finish some Blast and Droid Run matches... Are there already gametypes that do not have any population?

Maybe

But if it ever takes too long (about 1 minute or more) restart your game.

Sometimes MM just gets borked.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So I purchased the Season Pass last night. The force is too strong to resist. I did not see any more Season Pass cards at Best Buy, and they seem to be sold out everywhere for the physical cards (I wanted the points), so what I did was get a $50 PSN card for the points, and purchased it on PSN.

Now we anxiously await the announcements, after the content approval from Disney/LucasArts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom