• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this has happened with Battlefield 3/4/Hardline?

That may be the answer.

Nope it didnt.

Btw the official Forums for the game are a shitshow too. People complaining that the stuff they wanted isnt in the pack etc and they just ignore that there will be more packs. Its just ridiclious at this point, i feel bad for DICE people to read all this shit.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
XABSK7f.jpg

Finn DLC confirmed
lolno

To be fair the Rancor better be somewhere in the Jabba palace map.

It will be, but people saying they'd rather have Rancor instead of Nien Numb or DICE should've been more creative and add R2D2 as a hero? Those people are either stupid or trolling hard.

Maybe DICE could add R2D2, but as a "legendary" power up. Like a regular power up, but with a 2-5 % chance of being R2D2 instead of R5D4.

It all depends on what the 4th pack is going to be I think. If that is indeed Rogue One related, you only have two packs left for 4 iconic (rebel) heroes:
- Lando
- Obi-Wan
- Chewie
- Yoda

If they're going to do one rebel and one imperial hero per pack, you still have two left to add to the game.
Personally I wouldn't mind a character pack, separate from the season pack, but it indeed will be fuel for all the haters.

Lando - Tarkin
Old Kenobi -
Old Maul
Sabine - Callus
Chewie -Bossk
Ahsoka - 7th Sister

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I will say it again, every time someone recommends fucking TARKIN.

The dude was like 75. He is not going to be running and gunning, his ass would break a hip. He was a battlefield strategist that attacked with his tongue and ordered those under his command. That shit would straight up be as silly as helmet-less troopers are to some.

Veers was the one that got nitty gritty.

I don't care about other gun heroes, all I want is two more sabers. A slow tank like Vader for the Rebels (Ben Kenobi) and a quick hitter like Luke for the Imperials (an Inquisitor or even Maul).

Ozorov

We will be able to play as the new heroes on the original maps with non-DLC-players.

Dennis Brännvall tweeted this today:

Last bit of work on Outer Rim for me today. Off tomorrow for my birthday and Monday it's on to Cloud City! Have a great weekend everyone!.

So it looks like the Outer Rim-DLC isn't sent into cert just yet.

Off topic, but anyone else excited for No Mans Sky?
Really looking forward to this game, seems like good game to unwind with after a hard days work.
followed by some pew-pewing of course

Off topic, but anyone else excited for No Mans Sky?
Really looking forward to this game, seems like good game to unwind with after a hard days work.
followed by some pew-pewing of course
Yeah, I'm going to get the limited edition. I love how the ships are obviously Star Wars inspired too.

Besides Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky is the only other game this year that I am excited about so far.

Not even Hitman? :(
Not my type of game. I'm kind of exhausted with games. It's why Battlefront is so rejuvenating to me, it's not like anything I've played in a long time. Pokemon Yellow VC and Shovel Knight too.

I'm getting Uncharted 4 because I love the characters and I can't wait to see how it all ends, not because I enjoy the gameplay.

No Man's Sky is something I've never seen or experienced before. It's a completely new thing and that excites me.

If Horizon Zero Dawn comes out this year I'll get that too and I'll only get COD and BF if they are actually WWI or WWII.

We will be able to play as the new heroes on the original maps with non-DLC-players.

Dennis Brännvall tweeted this today:

Last bit of work on Outer Rim for me today. Off tomorrow for my birthday and Monday it's on to Cloud City! Have a great weekend everyone!.

So it looks like the Outer Rim-DLC isn't sent into cert just yet.

Huh. So maybe a release in two weeks if cert goes well.

Hehe and cant wait to own people with the new stuff on vanilla maps xD The complaining will be real

Ozorov

Huh. So maybe a release in two weeks if cert goes well.

Hehe and cant wait to own people with the new stuff on vanilla maps xD The complaining will be real

Probably free DLC next week and the Outer Rim the week after

or... Free DLC Tuesday and Outer Rim Wednesday :]

Ozorov

DICE_Firewall got the question if they would do a 7vs7 Hero vs Villians when all heroes are released. And he answer "That would be awesome :)".

And that requires 8 new heroes (14 in total). Or maybe I'm just reading into stuff to much :).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, I'm going to get the limited edition. I love how the ships are obviously Star Wars inspired too.

Besides Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky is the only other game this year that I am excited about so far.

Ditto.

Not my type of game. I'm kind of exhausted with games. It's why Battlefront is so rejuvenating to me, it's not like anything I've played in a long time. Pokemon Yellow VC and Shovel Knight too.

I'm getting Uncharted 4 because I love the characters and I can't wait to see how it all ends, not because I enjoy the gameplay.

No Man's Sky is something I've never seen or experienced before. It's a completely new thing and that excites me.

If Horizon Zero Dawn comes out this year I'll get that too and I'll only get COD and BF if they are actually WWI or WWII.

Mirrored my thoughts as well.

pacman85

DICE_Firewall got the question if they would do a 7vs7 Hero vs Villians when all heroes are released. And he answer "That would be awesome :)".

And that requires 8 new heroes (14 in total). Or maybe I'm just reading into stuff to much :).
Interesting...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Considering that Rebels is happening just 3 or 4 years before the OT and is the same factions it makes sense. If the won't do Clone Wars at least add some Rebels content.

Seeing how the last pack is of silence, everyone is speculating Rogue One. We have yet to see the bad guy from Rogue One, which some speculate is an Inquisitor like seen in Rebels.

Elitist1945

Haven't played this in a few months so decided to give it a go, and remembered why I like this game. Really easy to just jump into a game and play a few matches for fun. Most of the time I end up playing for longer than planned and I get into it lol.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Except the "silly cartoon" is already mixed in with the OT stuff and is 100% canon, and actually has interesting heroes and villains. Ahsoka is hugely popular and would definitely sell some DLC.

I would not mind seeing a realized 'real life' look to her, outside of the exaggeration of features in the cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom