• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

So I purchased the Season Pass last night. The force is too strong to resist. I did not see any more Season Pass cards at Best Buy, and they seem to be sold out everywhere for the physical cards (I wanted the points), so what I did was get a $50 PSN card for the points, and purchased it on PSN.

Now we anxiously await the announcements, after the content approval from Disney/LucasArts.
Let the waiting game begin!

giphy.gif

So these upgrade packs give you immediate access to a collection of weapons/traits/star cards.
For example: the survivalist upgrade pack gives you: DL44, CA-87, Survivalist trait, upgraded jump pack, scan pulse and bowcaster.
All for the sweet price of € 4,99.

MADGAME

Sounds like Nien will have some sort of Focus ability.

Also:
Arm yourself with the new Relby V-10 rifle and DT-12 blaster pistol and collect and equip the Scatter Gun, Dioxis Grenade, and Adrenaline Stim Star Cards.

The Relby is the rifle Bossk used. Can't wait to try it out, and I wonder what that Adrenaline Star Card Does.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Exactly. New pew-pews are nice and all, but I'm interested in the maps the most. And to be honest, it's sounds pretty meager.

They may roll those out in focus news segments over the course leading up to the release.

At least this is how other developers have done so in the past, and what I personally would do to generate hype.

Sounds like Nien will have some sort of Focus ability.

Also:

The Relby is the rifle Bossk used. Can't wait to try it out, and I wonder what that Star Card Does.

I was just about to say that, lol...

nghgys5.jpg

It appears Greedo is holding the DT-12.

MADGAME

Exactly. New pew-pews are nice and all, but I'm interested in the maps the most. And to be honest, it's sounds pretty meager.
If I'm reading the update correctly, I see three. The Smelting Factory, Jabba's Throne Room, and Sail Barge Garage. There should be a fourth. I know many will be disappointed if it isn't Mos Eisley but honestly, that location isn't Outer Rim so not sure it will be it.

GeeTeeCee

If I'm reading the update correctly, I see three. The Smelting Factory, Jabba's Throne Room, and Sail Barge Garage. There should be a fourth. I know many will be disappointed if it isn't Mos Eisley but honestly, that location isn't Outer Rim so not sure it will be it.

Blast enemies in the smelting factory or along the industrial pipes and platforms of Sullust or fight through Jabba’s throne room and sail barge garage on Tatooine.

It might just be me, but the "or" suggests two separate Sullust maps.

Still not quite convinced on the season pass yet. But I'm getting closer.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

How is it not Outer Rim? It is on Tatooine, much like Jabba's Palace, and Tatooine is in the Outer Rim sector of the galaxy. (I do not think it will be in there, but it would be a pleasant surprise if so.)

Does not rule out it never coming though.

MADGAME

Yep, was coming back to edit my post. Smelting Factory and Pipes and Platforms of Sullust are two different maps.

Thanks!

Upon first glance it looked like two maps to me. And then probably two versions, one big, one small, like Jakku and the new Hoth map.
But you could be right.
And isn't Moss Eisley outer rim too? It's on Tatooine.

5taquitos

Sounds cool, but if the total number of heroes and villains turns out to be 4 for the entire season pass, I'm going to be pretty pissed off that these two are taking two of the slots.

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder if the new maps support Supremacy and WA. Not really interested in new game modes, don't like having to switch playlist.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Waiting for the blog post with the actual details.

Same.

Sounds cool, but if the total number of heroes and villains turns out to be 4 for the entire season pass, I'm going to be pretty pissed off that these two are taking two of the slots.

I agree. If it is now down between Obi-Wan 'Ben' Kenobi and Chewie, that is a travesty.

Both should be in there. Then again, plans could have changed, or they could also add extra heroes through separate character packs I suppose.

adj_noun

If they're going to Greedo to get a villain recognizable to the public at large, I gotta think they actually are doing Tarkin too. Maybe he'll be a buff character.

Risgroo

Maps and new mode sound interesting. I don't mind Greedo and Nien Nunb, but I'd much rather have Chewie or Obi-Wan, of course.

Maybe they originally planned 2 heroes and 2 villains, and then decided to rush out these guys for the first expansion?

GeeTeeCee

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the idea of paying for new heroes? To be clear, I don't think it's some insidious business practice or anything, I just find it weird paying for something that you might not even get to play as in a lot of matches, unless you're religiously camping hero token pickups. I usually play Supremacy, WA or Turning Point, where there's 19 other people who will probably get to the token before I do.

And I can't say I'm a fan of the two heroes they chose.

Woorloog

Banned
If they're going to Greedo to get a villain recognizable to the public at large, I gotta think they actually are doing Tarkin too. Maybe he'll be a buff character.

General Veers suits that role much better. Front-line general, wears armor vest and helmet.
Tarkin's too dignified to run around with a blaster, or even mingling with troops.

Maps and new mode sound interesting. I don't mind Greedo and Nien Nunb, but I'd much rather have Chewie or Obi-Wan, of course.

Maybe they originally planned 2 heroes and 2 villains, and then decided to rush out these guys for the first expansion?

It's gotta be.

Makes no sense having 2 in the first pack and then having 2 more spread out over the map packs.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the idea of paying for new heroes? To be clear, I don't think it's some insidious business practice or anything, I just find it weird paying for something that you might not even get to play as in a lot of matches, unless you're religiously camping hero token pickups. I usually play Supremacy, WA or Turning Point, where there's 19 other people who will probably get to the token before I do.

And I can't say I'm a fan of the two heroes they chose.
I consider it a bonus. When the Battlefield DLC came with 4 new maps, new weapons, new gadgets, and new vehicles (sometimes), the Battlefront DLC comes with all of that but heroes too.

5taquitos

I wonder how the scatter gun will compare to the Jawa blaster or the Cycler up close.

Edit: I also wonder if it will be another physical projectile gun. My gut says yes, it'll be another shield-popper.

MADGAME

Reddit is immensely entertaining right now

How is it not Outer Rim? It is on Tatooine, much like Jabba's Palace, and Tatooine is in the Outer Rim sector of the galaxy. (I do not think it will be in there, but it would be a pleasant surprise if so.)

Does not rule out it never coming though.
My bad, total rookie mistake. In my mind I was thinking Outer Rim as remote locations on the planets such as the Factories of Sullust and Dune Sea Exchange, and not Mos Eisley the urban location which is obviously on Tatooine, a planet in the Outer Rim. Crap post by me.

GeeTeeCee

I consider it a bonus. When the Battlefield DLC came with 4 new maps, new weapons, new gadgets, and new vehicles (sometimes), the Battlefront DLC comes with all of that but heroes too.

That sounds like a good way to look at it. I only bought BF4 Premium a long time after the fact, and during a sale, so my judgements on cost vs value for multiplayer season passes is a little skewed.

5taquitos

They should probably clarify whether the season pass includes four heroes and villains, or four heroes and four villains. The confusion surrounding this is only going to lead to pissed off fans whenever a new hero is revealed.

So unbelievably disappointing and it seems bizarre to me even if they were intent on having Nien Nunb and Greedo as heroes that these would be the first two to release.

Barring a big sale, I know me and at least two friends' interest in the pass has completely tanked.

MADGAME

Well, the booster packs or whatever they are called are available for sale on PSN. $20 to unlock it all.

"Instantly unlock 11 Weapons and 24 upgraded Star Cards to become a force to be reckoned with. Weapons include E-11 and A280 (both factions), DLT-19, DH-17, RT-97C, CA-87 Blast Cannon, T-21, SE-14C, EE-3, T-21B and DL-44. Upgraded Star Cards include Thermal Detonator, Scout Pistol, Ion Grenade, Pulse Cannon, Impact Grenade, Ion Torpedo, Homing Shot, Smoke Grenade, Jump Pack, Flash Grenade, Barrage, Cycler Rifle, Bowcaster, Ion Shot, Focus Fire, Cooling Cell, Scan Pulse, Explosive Shot, Personal Shield, Bodyguard, Survivalist, Scout, Bounty Hunter and Sharpshooter. ITEMS CAN ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONCE. ITEMS ALREADY UNLOCKED VIA ACHIEVED GAMEPLAY PROGRESSION IN THE STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT GAME WILL NOT BE ENTITLED AGAIN AS PART OF THIS KIT."
There are also 5 other separate packs at $5 each. Those packs are this content but split a la cart - Bodyguard, Scout, Bounty Hunter, Sharpshooter, and Survivalist.

Woorloog

Banned
Are most people on PC utter morons?
I was the only one who attacked, everyone else just kept dying. I capture a base with some help from a friend with Luke, but these fucks lost it right away again. And that was the second to last base...
Fucking fucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom