• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not mind seeing a realized 'real life' look to her, outside of the exaggeration of features in the cartoons.
swcw2atv5.jpg
TF-2016-Hasbro-Star-Wars-003.jpg

DOWN

Banned
XABSK7f.jpg

Finn DLC confirmed
lolno

this is kinda lame tbh. they have confirmed many times over there is a single player star wars game in the works and there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to make a multiplayer only game without getting that campaign-begging.

ask for a bot mode, I don't care, but stop asking for this to not be multiplayer and ignoring that there's another team working with a single player focus.

I really hope that at some point we get more HUD options. It's glorious playing with HUD turned of, but not very practical.
If I could add a tiny crosshair ánd make the objective (slightly) visible, I would rarely turn the HUD back on.

Ozorov

For whatever reason I was under the impression they would replace the middle cards, so I never bothered with them lol I messed around with different hands tonight and was blown away when a slot opened up after equipping a trait.
So which one are you using now? :)

keep that animu character out of my star wars plz
I have to admit I also once thought Ahsoka was stupid as well as a lot of other characters from the show (before watching it). On the surface level it sounds stupid, "Oh this is Anakin's alien padawan that he conveniently only taught between episodes 2 and 3 so she's never in a movie and oh yeah she's also sorta a Jedi fighting for the Rebels."

But I mean, she's honestly one of the best Star Wars characters created.

Good to see that Fighter Squadron is bearable now with the balance changes....although I still cant seem to do as well when Im playing as the Empire.

I played two games this morning before work and my stats were

Empire 2-6-2
Rebels 14-6-2

I was playing as the Tie Interceptor the whole time on Empire and the X-wing on Rebels.

Toa TAK

Banned
he'd fit into this game just as well as that dual wielding zebra anime chick, maybe you'll get your wish, who knows

the mysterious last DLC pack might be called "for the kids" and include all your favorites

Come on bby you know you want it:

0UPHjM.gif

If not, can I at least get the Grand Inquisitor?

why-you-need-to-catch-up-on-star-wars-rebels-right-now-new-lightsabre-designs-370479.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have to admit I also once thought Ahsoka was stupid as well as a lot of other characters from the show (before watching it). On the surface level it sounds stupid, "Oh this is Anakin's alien padawan that he conveniently only taught between episodes 2 and 3 so she's never in a movie and oh yeah she's also sorta a Jedi fighting for the Rebels."

But I mean, she's honestly one of the best Star Wars characters created.

I agree.

What difference does it make, if they gave her a realistic proportional look for this game (she won't be in it, but out of argument's sake), compared to any of the prequel Jedi species? She would just look like a Twi'Lek with horns, and Zabrak face tattoos.

And everyone loves the Lekku and Maul.

Toa TAK

Banned
Nah, I don't honestly expect Ashoka or Rebels characters to be in Battlefront (not that I expected Greedo or Nien Nunb, either, but they were in the movies at least).

But it would be awesome if they did put her in.

Lol, I wonder if there is somebody over at Disney/Lucas that sits around thinking about different lightsaber designs.....they're clearly scraping the barrel at this point.

Oh you thought that was bottom of the barrel-tier, just see what it does:

UW00QcD.gif

I just wanted prequel content. Not going to happen this time around since they are only focusing on the OT. I mean the battles are perfect for Battlefront.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Stuff like this would have been epic! Oh well, maybe for Battlefront 2.

Toa TAK

Banned
I just wanted prequel content. Not going to happen this time around since they are only focusing on the OT. I mean the battles are perfect for Battlefront.

And hopefully we'll get our space battles as well.

giphy28.gif

PrankT

I really hope that at some point we get more HUD options. It's glorious playing with HUD turned of, but not very practical.
If I could add a tiny crosshair ánd make the objective (slightly) visible, I would rarely turn the HUD back on.
Every game should provide translucency options at this point. Then we can decide how opaque we want the HUD.

5taquitos

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I disagree, those scenes are just silly looking (to me).

What works in the prequel contents favor is the fact that both sides have opposing vehicle types. I'm not deep into Star Wars lore, but I don't think the OT has any real land based vehicles for the Rebellion.

I want more vehicle gameplay, but as it stands there don't seem to be any land vehicles to balance against each other for both sides in the OT stuff.

I still think the spinning Inquisitor sabers are stupid, and I've seen every episode of both shows. Given that all three known inquisitors have it, I chalk it up to Sheev needing more Jedi hunters but not wanting to give them proper training, so it's like a newbie saber with little growth potential but easy for untrained users to do damage with.

I agree.

What difference does it make, if they gave her a realistic proportional look for this game (she won't be in it, but out of argument's sake), compared to any of the prequel Jedi species? She would just look like a Twi'Lek with horns, and Zabrak face tattoos.

And everyone loves the Lekku and Maul.
Kudos for knowing the term Lekku.

I know Ahsoka has next to no chance to get in the game, but she honestly fits just as much if not more than Nien.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I still think the spinning Inquisitor sabers are stupid, and I've seen every episode of both shows. Given that all three known inquisitors have it, I chalk it up to Sheev needing more Jedi hunters but not wanting to give them proper training, so it's like a newbie saber with little growth potential but easy for untrained users to do damage with.

Agreed. The most recent episode was pretty awesome. The 2 part finale is going to be intense. Not to derail too much, but what are the chances Kallus defects and is a pivotal piece to join the Rebellion?

Kudos for knowing the term Lekku.

I know Ahsoka has next to no chance to get in the game, but she honestly fits just as much if not more than Nien.

Been a Star Wars fan since I was a wee kid of 4-5 years old in the very early 80's. And SWG helped not only educate more, but had a good neat little detail use with the Lekku communication.

I think I know more random trivial shit about Star Wars, than probably anything in life, lol. Well maybe SG1 a close second (which like Star Wars, I watch every single year).

Agreed. The most recent episode was pretty awesome. The 2 part finale is going to be intense. Not to derail too much, but what are the chances Kallus defects and is a pivotal piece to join the Rebellion?

Been a Star Wars fan since I was a wee kid of 4-5 years old in the very early 80's. And SWG helped not only educate more, but had a good neat little detail use with the Lekku communication.

I think I know more random trivial shit about Star Wars, than probably anything in life, lol. Well maybe SG1 a close second (which like Star Wars, I watch every single year).
I'm a bit younger, was first introduced with the '97 VHS release which I watched a dozen times before realizing there were more movies planned. I then went through the phase of loving the prequels and associated games, joining the pop culture sensation of hating the prequels, and watching The Clone Wars and being able to enjoy them as fun movies that add a lot to the lore. And I probably know just as much random trivial stuff about Star Wars.

Now regarding Kallus, it definitely seems he is leaning to defect (which could be a potential plot point in Rogue One if they really wanted to), but as he stands now he'd be a great villain to add to the Empire side. It blows my mind that some don't want to give any character from the show a chance but can laugh and move on from Greedo fighting side by side with the Empire, or suggesting one of the bounty hunters that make a 3 second appearance in ESB.

i understand that many people loved it. many people also didn't.

i like the concept of Jedi Knights in which they are more like knights and less like spastic ninjas.
Perhaps unfortunately for you, the highly agile Jedi Knights are the ones that are canon. Also keep in mind in both duels between Luke and Vader, Vader has no desire to kill Luke and never unleashes himself. He even fights one handed at times to show that he's not really trying. Meanwhile Luke is afarm boy who has received next to zero saber training and is just whaling on a stick for all it's worth. The fight between Vader and Kenobi, her intentionally sacrificed himself. Neither great examples for Jedi Knights, but it worked well in the films given the background.

Toa TAK

Banned
Why do I keep getting "10 Kills With X Starship"? Why can't I get easy ones like you guys? ;_;

If he does, he'll probably bite the dust mid-transition like Tua. The wait for the finale is going to be long.
Now regarding Kallus, it definitely seems he is leaning to defect (which could be a potential plot point in Rogue One if they really wanted to), but as he stands now he'd be a great villain to add to the Empire side. It blows my mind that some don't want to give any character from the show a chance but can laugh and move on from Greedo fighting side by side with the Empire, or suggesting one of the bounty hunters that make a 3 second appearance in ESB.
Maybe it's the mentality of "movies>everything else"? I dunno. I'd kill to see Rex in a Prequel Era Battlefront.

lawnchair

Banned
I'm a bit younger, was first introduced with the '97 VHS release which I watched a dozen times before realizing there were more movies planned. I then went through the phase of loving the prequels and associated games, joining the pop culture sensation of hating the prequels, and watching The Clone Wars and being able to enjoy them as fun movies that add a lot to the lore. And I probably know just as much random trivial stuff about Star Wars.

you really think hating the prequels was a "pop culture sensation" ? like a trend? i've got news for you man. hatred for the prequels is very real and is still thriving today, thank you very much. ; )

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
i understand that many people loved it. many people also didn't.

i like the concept of Jedi Knights in which they are more like knights and less like spastic ninjas.

I do too for the record. Always like the more 'Knights of the Round' angle/KOTOR. But I can also appreciate the martial aspect of Maul, and Yoda was just fun, and made sense due to his size and 'frog like' nature.

Besides, love or hate the prequels, the Obi-Wan and Anakin duel was really well done, and quite impressive that it was not sped up at all, and all the actors doing.

I agree. Good stuff, and always good hearing different generational aspects that usually end up with the same passion.

He will probably remain a villain for a bit, but be a little more honorable, since he had a taste of that, and there will be more decisions he makes probably leaning heavily on his conscious.

The show is actually pretty well written (where both young and old can enjoy), and very well acted, especially having the actual voice actors for Yoda, C3PO, Vader, Leia, etc, is a HUGE bonus, and makes the immersion more believable for a Star Wars canon experience.

Definitely looking forward into seeing how they tie it all in with Rogue One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom