• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

I think you mean Jamba Juice... unless you actually mean Jawa....... juice D:

Ardees, also known as Jawa Juice, was a beverage that originated on Tatooine and was made of bantha hides mashed with fermented grains.[1] When Obi-Wan Kenobi attended Dex's Diner on Coruscant shortly before the start of the Clone Wars, he was offered a cup of ardees by FLO, the waitress droid. Kenobi shared his drink with his old friend Dexter Jettster, the diner's owner

5taquitos

Ardees, also known as Jawa Juice, was a beverage that originated on Tatooine and was made of bantha hides mashed with fermented grains.[1] When Obi-Wan Kenobi attended Dex's Diner on Coruscant shortly before the start of the Clone Wars, he was offered a cup of ardees by FLO, the waitress droid. Kenobi shared his drink with his old friend Dexter Jettster, the diner's owner

FLO is such a fucking lame name and an unnecessary callout, god the prequels were trash.

I'm seriously getting angrier the more I think about this scene

Omadahl

Banned
I'm considering picking up the base game today since Gamestop has it for $30. Will it still be relevant once the season pass starts kicking in or should I save my cash?

Ozorov

I'm considering picking up the base game today since Gamestop has it for $30. Will it still be relevant once the season pass starts kicking in or should I save my cash?

How do you mean by relevant?

The season pass-holders can still play with you who has the base game. Just not on the Outer Rim-maps.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am excited for this to play in Jabba's Palace.

But the pack I am looking forward to the most is Bespin so far. I can't even imagine how amazing that is going to look on this engine.

Omadahl

Banned
How do you mean by relevant?

The season pass-holders can still play with you who has the base game. Just not on the Outer Rim-maps.

A big concern of a lot of people when the season pass was announced was that it would split the userbase significantly. I would probably end up getting the extra maps way down the line when I could get them all for $30 or less, but my guess is that Battlefield 5 will be out by then.

MADGAME

I am excited for this to play in Jabba's Palace.

But the pack I am looking forward to the most is Bespin so far. I can't even imagine how amazing that is going to look on this engine.
Me too, and finally an excuse to post this. I wonder how much of the palace/garage we'll end up getting, and if they will be only small maps or if a larger one will connect them.

Could be weird seeing Han in carbonite while playing as him.

DOqgSAm.jpg

I'm on mobile right now so let me know if the image needs quotes.

Ozorov

A big concern of a lot of people when the season pass was announced was that it would split the userbase significantly. I would probably end up getting the extra maps way down the line when I could get them all for $30 or less, but my guess is that Battlefield 5 will be out by then.

We'll see how they're gonna solve this problem. They've said that they learn a lot for Jakku-DLC. So we'll see on the 22nd March I guess :)

The city was pretty damn big. Just because small areas were featured in the movie doesn't mean they can't flesh out large city streets/buildings. I wonder if we'll get any WA maps in the city streets.

I'm guessing they're going to do some variation of Walker assault, without AT-AT's.
Supremacy and Turning point can easily be done I think.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Me too, and finally an excuse to post this. I wonder how much of the palace/garage we'll end up getting, and if they will be only small maps or if a larger one will connect them.

Could be weird seeing Han in carbonite while playing as him.

DOqgSAm.jpg

I'm on mobile right now so let me know if the image needs quotes.

Han may not be a playable hero on this map if that is the case. If you ever played SWG, they actually did a very good job with Jabba's Palace, but I can imagine how much fuller this is going to look. 22nd yet?

Why Bespin?

Just how gorgeous it is going to look. They do amazing job with the clouds, and seeing that nice orange/pink hues is going to look marvelous.

It looked really good in Jedi Knight 2, so I can imagine it in this engine. Also has that nostalgic feel, and a nice change over what we have now for maps.

I think Han will be playable. I mean you can play as all the heroes on Jakku :)

But didn't they remove the heroes in Turning Point on that one map, or the entire mode?

Wish they would remove the heroes in Fighter Squadron, or at least have a Hero-less mode.

Ozorov

Han may not be a playable hero on this map. If you ever played SWG, they actually did a very good job with Jabba's Palace. But I can imagine how much fuller this is going to look. 22nd yet?

I think Han will be playable. I mean you can play as all the heroes on Jakku :)

patchday

So is it just me or does anyone else think it takes a really long time to level up? I am only L20 lol. I guess it takes hundreds of hrs to hit max cap?

I recall even during double xp weekends I never earned much xp.

I also play CoD Black ops3 and I hit L20 in one sitting during double xp weekend lol

just a minor annoyance

For context, during Supremacy I am usually in the middle for points. So I'm not all that great. Usually have a positive KDA though

So is it just me or does anyone else think it takes a really long time to level up? I am only L20 lol. I guess it takes hundreds of hrs to hit max cap?

I also play CoD Black ops3 and I hit L20 in one sitting during double xp weekend lol

just a minor annoyance

For context, during Supremacy I am usually in the middle for points. So I'm not all that great. Usually have a positive KDA though

Shoot for the challenges, they help a lot.

Ozorov

just a minor annoyance

It will probably take you 50-60 hours to hit level 50

MADGAME

So are we thinking (early) next week for the trailer and confirmation of 4/22 release date? I hope they get in 6th gear with this.

PrankT

Thanks, just bought it and used it for season pass. Seller is Paypal, it's legit.

Also, it is so easy to win WA as rebels on Survivors of Endor. Your team has to TRY to lose.
I won as Imperial yesterday without the Walker losing 25% health. I think it was the first time on that map for everyone, including myself. Love the spider area.

Oynox

Seriously, those challenges are shi . My first three were: kill 5 heroes, make 10 kills using a snowspeeder, make 20 kills using a sniper rifle.. How is a low level first time player supposed to do this? Still have nothing completed.

Seriously, those challenges are shi . My first three were: kill 5 heroes, make 10 kills using a snowspeeder, make 20 kills using a sniper rifle.. How is a low level first time player supposed to do this? Still have nothing completed.

Kill five heroes is pretty easy. You can just play heroes vs villains and finish it in a match or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom