• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

I love the crazy Ewok village at the rebel end of the new map, I really hope they turn the treetop section into a dedicated small map.

Also noticed a few frame hitches too, nothing too major though.
Same here, last phase of the map but only when I go up into the village. I get some bad stuttering for a few seconds every game.

MADGAME

PS4? I only noticed one stutter the first match I played on the map. Nothing since then
Yep. I played the map a few times, then when a friend logged on I went back and played a round in Supremacy then 2 more in WA. Can't recall if it transpired in Supremacy but definitely each time in WA. Always at the beginning of the third phase, in the village.

Ozorov

Yep. I played the map a few times, then when a friend logged on I went back and played a round in Supremacy then 2 more in WA. Can't recall if it transpired in Supremacy but definitely each time in WA. Always at the beginning of the third phase, in the village.
Can you perhaps record it? I reported it to dice now so atleast they know about it :).

lawnchair

Banned
So purdy. Too bad Im not too fond of the larger game modes

same :|

i'm not sure exactly why there isn't a larger scale TDM .. what benefit does it get from being only on smaller maps? they should add a Big Blast mode. and Conquest while they're at it.

if they do that instead of adding some gimmicky new modes in the DLC's i'd be grateful. i don't want "speederbike chase!" or "greedo bountyhunting!" some bullshit, give me some MEAT dice.

also, every shooter should have a mode where you can turn off respawns.

MADGAME

What is turning points objective?

Imperials - Defend 2 control points from Rebel Capture. If successful in defending both control points, the Imperials win.

Rebels - Capture either control point. If successful, it pushes the Imperials back to another set of control points and begins phase 2.

Phases 2 and 3 - same as above except with increasingly challenging control point locations, and the last phase is a single control point.

Imperials - Defend 2 control points from Rebel Capture. If successful in defending both control points, the Imperials win.

Rebels - Capture either control point. If successful, it pushes the Imperials back to another set of control points and begins phase 2.

Phases 2 and 3 - same as above except with increasingly challenging control point locations, and the last phase is a single control point.

This sounds really fun, is it 20 players each side?

adj_noun

If Supremacy has taught me nothing else, it's if you tell 20 random people they need to stand in a circle, at least 15 of those people will immediately run in the opposite direction.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If Supremacy has taught me nothing else, it's if you tell 20 random people they need to stand in a circle, at least 15 of those people will immediately run in the opposite direction.

Yeah, most just play it as a giant arena team deathmatch.

DICE should have more xp/rewards/etc focus around team play objectives, and less on kill count to try and shift it.

Laputa_94

Its surprised me how easy it is to flank the rebels up in the trees on the new map by walking around them yourself. I was able to do it multiple times and get a fair amount of their snipers. This was on supremacy at the last rebel point.

Its surprised me how easy it is to flank the rebels up in the trees on the new map by walking around them yourself. I was able to do it multiple times and get a fair amount of their snipers. This was on supremacy at the last rebel point.

I found a pretty good hidey-hole near that same point. In two games I went from a K/D ratio deficit to easily 2.0 KDR. I was shocked that nobody figured out where I was.

PrankT

They treat that circle like an orbital strike! Supremacy is still my favorite mode, although I would prefer the capture areas to be a bit bigger.

Ozorov

People want dem fragZ cause high K/D-ratio gives them a huge E-penis

5taquitos

Does anyone know of anywhere online that has map layouts? For whatever reason, I still can't wrap my head around how the original Endor large map is laid out.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We have some amazing things incoming and I know Dennis and I are dying to share the details :)

Jemaine-Clement.gif

MADGAME

Leta hope 1-5 days so we can get it on tuesday :D
My thoughts exactly. I'd like to give a few days notice at work for taking Tues-Fri off :)

That is of course I decide to buy the pass, leaning toward yes but need full disclosure of content first. Unknown 4th expansion aside, this seems like it could be the weakest one.

Ozorov

My thoughts exactly. I'd like to give a few days notice at work for taking Tues-Fri off :)

That is of course I decide to buy the pass, leaning toward yes but need full disclosure of content first. Unknown 4th expansion aside, this seems like it could be the weakest one.

I mean if they are going to release it to non-season pass-holders in March also (don't think they've ever said anything about that) it has to release next week due the 2-weeks early access.

lawnchair

Banned
melee is random as fuuuuuuck.

now that they've done some balancing of the guns, i mostly understand why i die in battlefront and i'm fine with it. melee is the exception.

MADGAME

If we look at Jakku, we got the trailer two days ahead.
I don't recall, what day of the week did we get Jakku trailer?

I do think there is a difference this time though as Jakku was 2 maps while this is an expansion with at least 4 maps, new weapons, star cards, heroes, etc. And it's paid content.

We need more than a day or two heads up!

melee is random as fuuuuuuck.

now that they've done some balancing of the guns, i mostly understand why i die in battlefront and i'm fine with it. melee is the exception.

Yep....just a few observations of melee in this game

-Im within range and melee....totally miss
-Melee within range and connect, guy melees back, I die in 1 hit
-Another player and I melee back and forth until 1 of us is dead
-Another player melees me from a distance of roughly 10-12ft away...I die instantly
-Im practically standing on the guys feet, melee, my gun literally passes through the guys head, no damage.

Ozorov

I don't recall, what day of the week did we get Jakku trailer?

I do think there is a difference this time though as Jakku was 2 maps while this is an expansion with at least 4 maps, new weapons, star cards, heroes, etc. And it's paid content.

We need more than a day or two heads up!

I was wrong, it was only one day ahead. We got the gameplay-trailer on Monday and it released on Tuesday.

Any reason why the Free Content-trailer on EA Star Wars youtube-account still is just available via a direct link? They've not uploaded it so you find it by searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom