• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Alright, now they have confirmed on twitter that the March-release is indeed for "the anticipated access for Season Pass owners."

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Played Survivors of Endor map for the first time, it's absolutely gorgeous!

So gorgeous! Still blows me away.

Alright, now they have confirmed on twitter that the Match date is indeed for "the anticipated access for Season Pass owners."

Do we have a date? Probably next Tuesday?

CM said he honestly have no idea yet with #Approvals. But he said "more than a few days"

Aweeee yeah!!!

Palpable

It's too bad the PS4 version doesn't have a hudless mode & a way to remove your character/weapon models so you can take screenshots in game :(

DOWN

Banned
It's too bad the PS4 version doesn't have a hudless mode & a way to remove your character/weapon models so you can take screenshots in game :(

You can shut off the HUD. As far as getting your character out of the screen, I go in third person and just back up against a wall or tree or whatever and the camera is then forced out of its normal position.

You can turn HUD of. Play in first person and zoom in with your weapon. Best done with the DL-17 for a wide angle view.
Only stuff that stays visible is the power-ups, all the rest is removed.

It's completely random in most of my encounters.

Yeah, it's been inconsistent in my experience. At times I can kill with one melee from the front and at other times 2 from the back.

In the heat of battle it's sometimes unclear in which direction you are being hit.

I have no problem if they get rid of it all together. Just tweak Personal Shields so that they are drained faster at extreme close range. Makes sense no?

Played Survivors of Endor map for the first time, it's absolutely gorgeous!
The caverns look amazing.

PrankT

In the heat of battle it's sometimes unclear in which direction you are being hit.

I have no problem if they get rid of it all together. Just tweak Personal Shields so that they are drained faster at extreme close range. Makes sense no?

Why do they need to drain faster? I've never had the same trouble against shields. They can't shoot you and are susceptible to grenades and cycler rifle. Ion and explosive shot drain the shields quickly. If people aren't using shield they would likely be using scan pulse or explosive shot, which are also powerful. There's a pretty good balance right now.

Palpable

I thought you could turn off the HUD? But yeah, there's no way to remove the models.

You can shut off the HUD. As far as getting your character out of the screen, I go in third person and just back up against a wall or tree or whatever and the camera is then forced out of its normal position.

You can turn HUD of. Play in first person and zoom in with your weapon. Best done with the DL-17 for a wide angle view.
Only stuff that stays visible is the power-ups, all the rest is removed.

No shit... I didn't know that. How? In the options menu?

Why do they need to drain faster? I've never had the same trouble against shields. They can't shoot you and are susceptible to grenades and cycler rifle. Ion and explosive shot drain the shields quickly. If people aren't using shield they would likely be using scan pulse or explosive shot, which are also powerful. There's a pretty good balance right now.
I was saying, only if you remove melee or make it more difficult.

I hate participating in boxing matches when I am holding a rifle. It kills immersion.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just noticed again, we have yet to have a Fighter Squadron map for Endor. Definitely looking forward to one, if it is not too taxing with the foliage.

PrankT

Anyone with the community manager on Twitter? People on the official forums are saying that he confirmed the dlc is released March 29 for season pass holders.

Ozorov

Anyone with the community manager on Twitter? People on the official forums are saying that he confirmed the dlc is released March 29 for season pass holders.
He said that march is for season pass-holders, but yeah no date yet. But it has to release on a tuesday right? Atleast on PSN since They updates PSN at that day. Or How does it works? Also i didnt know that the relby v-12 weapon is the one that Bossk is using

Vard

He said that march is for season pass-holders, but yeah no date yet. But it has to release on a tuesday right? Atleast on PSN since They updates PSN at that day. Or How does it works? Also i didnt know that the relby v-12 weapon is the one that Bossk is using
Patches can happen any day of the week.

From what i know DLC can pop up at any time now even on the PSN.

But yeah they most likely will release it on a tuesday.

My guess? March 22

Is it just me or does the new Endor map have random framerate drops? Especially on the third tier of WA.

Oh yeah on that map, I have something weird which is my game literally freezes for half a second every now and then. If you mean this, then yeah. I just thought it is lag or something.

Wil348

I might be late to the party with this, but what's with the microtransactions that they've snuck into the game? I thought they said that the game wouldn't be getting them? Its very brave of DICE to do this (not in a good way) when the game has been blasted for the questionable amount of content that it had at launch (though to be fair, is better now).

Absolutely fucking not. I understand BF3/4 had them and a season pass but they outright lied here. It's embarrassing that Garden Warfare 2, another EA title, manages to have enough content to justify its $60 price tag and on top of that trades off the season pass model in favour of microtransactions to fund free DLC for all users.

It's a real shame, I was warming up to the game with the new maps being added but it feels like I'm having sand kicked in my face (it's coarse, rough, irritating...and gets everywhere).

PrankT

It's a real shame, I was warming up to the game with the new maps being added but it feels like I'm having sand kicked in my face (it's coarse, rough, irritating...and gets everywhere).
Seems like you're looking for things to get mad at. These packs are a non-issue.

MADGAME

The weapon pickup notification is too intrusive. When engaging in gunplay and snagging a weapon pickup, it displays center screen and blocks the action. Especially frequent when using Bounty Hunter trait.

I wish the notification could be repositioned.

patchday

Seems like you're looking for things to get mad at. These packs are a non-issue.

yeah whats he talking bout? He means paying for the packs that includes the guns? I didnt even know you could buy those til last week lol. But havent bothered

I'm all for publishers trying to get some money for the servers etc. theres folks like me that bought this game super cheap and still havent spent any other money. But I might get DLC

pacman85

I might be late to the party with this, but what's with the microtransactions that they've snuck into the game? I thought they said that the game wouldn't be getting them? Its very brave of DICE to do this (not in a good way) when the game has been blasted for the questionable amount of content that it had at launch (though to be fair, is better now).

Absolutely fucking not. I understand BF3/4 had them and a season pass but they outright lied here. It's embarrassing that Garden Warfare 2, another EA title, manages to have enough content to justify its $60 price tag and on top of that trades off the season pass model in favour of microtransactions to fund free DLC for all users.

lol wow. you mad bro?

lawnchair

Banned
letting people buy shortcuts is kind of a sleaze move, but doesn't bother me too much.

if some guy who just bought the game pays whatever money and gets whatever guns/starcards, i'm still going to kill him because i've poured many hours of blood and sweat and tears into this stupid game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom