• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXE

Um... where are all the players? On a PC and godalmighty its empty. There are peak hours and beyond that its nigh unplayable as the matches wont start because there aren't enough players. On about the only mode that gets people is the Walker Assault.

The game has kept me entertained though its clearly a hit-n-miss bag.

Palpable

I just played a match where Luke was in his death animation from my killing him and he teleported (while in the death animation) and killed me. That same match, 5 minutes earlier, I was in an AT-ST and had 80 or so percent health left. The AT-ST I was in fucking disappeared (not even wreckage was left) and I was teleported out of it in the middle of a squad of rebels. I have recordings of both of these incidents. What the fuck DICE

Ozorov

Seriously, those challenges are shi . My first three were: kill 5 heroes, make 10 kills using a snowspeeder, make 20 kills using a sniper rifle.. How is a low level first time player supposed to do this? Still have nothing completed.

You can change the challenge for 100 credits

Xzan

I just played a match where Luke was in his death animation from my killing him and he teleported (while in the death animation) and killed me. That same match, 5 minutes earlier, I was in an AT-ST and had 80 or so percent health left. The AT-ST I was in fucking disappeared (not even wreckage was left) and I was teleported out of it in the middle of a squad of rebels. I have recordings of both of these incidents. What the fuck DICE

I've had an AT-ST suddenly despawn while driving it a few times. Very weird and random.

On one occasion it dropped me on top of a seemingly freshly spawned AT-ST token so I got a new ride. Kind of amusing.

JonCha

I've had an AT-ST suddenly despawn while driving it a few times. Very weird and random.

On one occasion it dropped me on top of a seemingly freshly spawned AT-ST token so I got a new ride. Kind of amusing.

I've had it despawn before it even appeared on screen. The animation triggered to activate it, the dialogue but I was just left on foot.

Ozorov

ngry.gif

When you're the only one that defends the middle-capture point in Supremacy that keeps get taken over and over again after we just got it...

MADGAME

I won as Imperial yesterday without the Walker losing 25% health. I think it was the first time on that map for everyone, including myself. Love the spider area.
Wow, that has certainly not been typical for me. And yes I agree the caves are really well done, so is the treetop village.

Yeah. Trailer + Extended details about outer rim and Hutt contracts
I'm assigning you the responsibility of making sure this happens on Monday. :)

Ozorov

Dunno if posted but CM said this:

Hammer of Sledge 70's said:
The Outer Rim will not only bring the DLC content but also new features and requests the community has been wanting. We have some really cool changes coming to Hero Hunt and Heroes vs Villians :)

CD'S BAR

Does anyone actually use barrage? I want to like it but it sucks even after the buff. All it's good for is canceling a pulse canon mid charge.

Woorloog

Banned
Does anyone actually use barrage? I want to like it but it sucks even after the buff. All it's good for is canceling a pulse canon mid charge.

Canceling? You can just switch off to your primary weapon from a Pulse to cancel it, no need for another Star Card.

Barrage has some suppression utility, people tend to avoid the grenades but otherwise it is kind of waste.

Palpable

I melee to cancel the pulse cannon. Barrage is great. I don't use it as often, but it's perfect for clearing up tight areas like bunkers, tunnels, and capture points. You're use it wrong if you're not getting kills with it.

JDHarbs

Hey all, have we decided whose doing OT2 yet? I think we should decide soon. We're getting close to the 20k limit, and the pace could pick up once the DLC drops.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Have they said anything about new survival missions with the outer rim?

I do not believe so.

I melee to cancel the pulse cannon. Barrage is great. I don't use it as often, but it's perfect for clearing up tight areas like bunkers, tunnels, and capture points. You're use it wrong if you're not getting kills with it.

Good tip on the melee instead of primary switch. And yeah, barrage works well in suppression and clearing tight areas like you said. As it should be.

Hey all, have we decided whose doing OT2 yet? I think we should decide soon. We're getting close to the 20k limit, and the pace could pick up once the DLC drops.

Agreed.

Does Barrage trigger an "enemy locking" signal?

It shouldn't, no.

Risgroo

We need a cool title...

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| Oh, I'm afraid the DLC will be quite operational when your friends arrive

Kovet

|ot2|

Aren't you a little short to be a retail game?

You were the chosen ones! It was said that you'd destroy the season pass, not join them.

Only a master of evil, dice!

I find your lack of dlc.... Disturbing.

You bought that thing? You're braver than I thought.

All I got

CD'S BAR

Idk I never get killed by barrage and I rarely see others using it; not to effect anyway. I think the blast radius is too small compared to a single thermal.

I got killed 5 times in WA by X-Wings ... Next game I used Ion Torpedo to down two tie fighters..and they never slowed down near me again.

Rebels who don't bring Ion Torpedo to Walker Assault should be publically force choked. But as I discovered IT has lots of benefits for Stormtroopers as well, especially on Hoth.

Supremacy on Survivors of Endor had almost become World War 1 like combat. Whoever captures the neutral control point first wins like 75% of the time. On one occasion it took over 6 minutes of fighting to capture it.

that's perfection

this gets my vote, but I like the |OT Ep 2| idea
Yeah that's gonna get mod edited pretty quickly

|ot2|
Aren't you a little short to be a retail game?
Brilliant!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
holy shit at being able to cancel pulse canon charge by switching to primary. that makes wayyyy more sense.

It is how I always did it, but, now I will be switching to melee to cancel since it has been revealed to me.

Situational of course, if I need my primary, but don't want to waste a pulsed charge to follow up.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
We need a cool title...

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| Oh, I'm afraid the DLC will be quite operational when your friends arrive
Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What mode is the most popular at this point?

On PC, I'm struggling to find matches outside of Walker Assault.
Walker assault, fighter squadron, drop zone are ones I generally have no major problem finding games in. If you get stuck in a game waiting for 10 players to join or whatever just exit and search again or you'll never get into a game.
US by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom