• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A-Wings back in glorious OP-form

*Activates Shields*

tumblr_lra6taAMyy1qdku5lo1_500.gif

5taquitos

I saw a Youtube-video from Star Wars HQ where they said that the rifle showed in the last trailer from the Hutt Contracts is very similiar to the DLT-19 but with a scope. So they're thinking we might get attachments to weapons. Thoughts on that?

Here's the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GOf1N5Bubs&feature=youtu.be&a

I'm doubting attachments and guessing it'll just be a separate DLT-19 variant like the T-21B is to the T-21.

JDHarbs

I would give it some consideration, I just do not know where to begin, lol.
I don't know how these OTs work. Do you use OT1 as a template or do you make a whole new one?
Look into other OT2's for other games. Some just copy/paste OT1 while others will only focus on new information. Considering how OT2 is lining up with the release of DLC 1 then a DLC-focused OT2 wouldn't be a bad idea. Plus, most of what I wrote for OT1 isn't all that necessary now that the game has been out for months. You could recap everything that's been added through the free content updates for those who are jumping back into the game, and then dive into what will be coming in the DLC packs.
seems like theres a lot of unnessesary info in OT1, the descriptions of star wars lore for example.

id imagine youd want to keep all the game-related stuff and add updates/dlc since the game has released.
This.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Exactly ;). But that still work doesn't it?

True :(

Definitely 1
We should play this when the new OT goes up:

http://myfreebingocards.com/M/SULWD

That is just beautiful.

Look into other OT2's for other games. Some just copy/paste OT1 while others will only focus on new information. Considering how OT2 is lining up with the release of DLC 1 then a DLC-focused OT2 wouldn't be a bad idea. Plus, most of what I wrote for OT1 isn't all that necessary now that the game has been out for months. You could recap everything that's been added through the free content updates for those who are jumping back into the game, and then dive into what will be coming in the DLC packs.

This.

Good info, thanks.

5taquitos

I think it would be a bit counterproductive to focus an OT on the negative feedback the game gets from people that don't even play it. Better to focus purely on upcoming features, guides, etc. It would just start the conversation in a bad way.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think it would be a bit counterproductive to focus an OT on the negative feedback the game gets from people that don't even play it. Better to focus purely on upcoming features, guides, etc. It would just start the conversation in a bad way.

Agreed. I think they were just being cheeky.

MADGAME

I know we'll get more info soon, but what is missing from the below list that we know will be included in the Outer Rim release?

2 playable hero characters
  • Greedo
  • Nien Nunb
4 multiplayer maps set on the Outer Rim planets of Sullust and Tatooine
  • Jabba’s Palace
  • Jabba's Sail Barge Garage
  • SoroSuub Refinery
  • SoroSuub Pipelines
2 new blasters
  • Relby V-10 rifle
  • DT-12 blaster pistol
3 additional Star Cards
  • Scatter Gun
  • Dioxis Grenade
  • Adrenaline Stim
Other
  • Extraction game mode
  • Unannounced updates, features and patches.

Hutt Contracts are "coming soon" but not part of Outer Rim, correct?

A-Wings back in glorious OP-form

They really were unjustly hit with the nerf bat ;)

Vard

Hutt Contracts are "coming soon" but not part of Outer Rim, correct?
That's what it sounds like. My guess is Hutt Contracts will become available same time as Outer Rim though

Do we know if Extraction is a new large scale game mode or is it for a smaller number of players?

Hey guys, listen, I'm looking for some of you english folks to play with. I'm spanish (why would anyone live here) and I'm studying a grade in english language. Anyway, I'm trying to improve my spoken english (I already speak it very decentrly, but I can always improve it) and that's why I would like some of you to play with (besides, apart from improving english is always fun to play Battlefront, so why not?).

For anyone interested, my PSN: starlightmuse96

"As soon we know the date we will tell the community"

Im sure this week there will be a trailer with a exact date... its just marketing at this point.

And btw i found this comment by sledgehammer in one of the shitpost topics in the official forums:

Sledgehammer70 said:
I think something needs to be clear here.
The team did not start working on DLC content four months ago. The team focused on the main game up until launch and through the bulk of our free content updates along with finalizing and releasing The Battle of Jakku.
We then worked with Disney and Lucas to outline our post-launch content plans and then started to work on the Season Pass content.
Unlike some games, our team shipped all the content we could in the main game and then started work on the Season Pass content.
This is why details of the Season Pass took so long to reveal and why the specific details of Outer Rim took this long. It is also why confirmation of details for future content has yet to be revealed in specific detail. But as outlined on our Season Pass page, the team has committed to deliver that content.
Our team is very much hard at work bringing the community more free content and the promised Season Pass content. We haven't just been sitting back working on the DLC content only. The fruits of the teams labor will be revealed soon™, and we're looking forward to the communities response.

All the DLC so far wasnt cut from the game. All the stuff got produced right after or alongside the game production. Oh and Disney/Lucas are heavily involved so that should give people an idea that its not DICE making decisions alone..

MADGAME

All the DLC so far wasnt cut from the game. All the stuff got produced right after or alongside the game production. Oh and Disney/Lucas are heavily involved so that should give people an idea that isnt not DICE making decisions alone..

Do you think if there were DLC cut from the game he would admit it? I'm not saying they did but this sounds exactly like all the other PR answers we get regarding other games when this topic comes up. And EA historically has the most tarnished reputation in the matter as well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All the DLC so far wasnt cut from the game. All the stuff got produced right after or alongside the game production. Oh and Disney/Lucas are heavily involved so that should give people an idea that isnt not DICE making decisions alone..

We try telling people this all the time. But the armchair 'expert' gamers who like to harp on trivial shit they know nothing about, still, shitpost with their fingers in their ears. Drown out that noise at this point.

Thanks for sharing this. I never visit 'Official Forums', they are almost surely a hive if idiocy more often than not.

I just realized that there is no Endor map for Fighter Squadron, maybe it will be a free map at some point?

Yeah I posted that a couple days ago on here.

Hoping one comes, but maybe the reason is trying to get it to work right with the foliage (a good compromise with LOD/DOF, etc) and being taxing on the hardware?

Holy shit at the MS announcing cross play, the possibilities in regards to a bigger pool of players.

Infinity Patriot

I'M COMING FOR YOU BROTHERRRRRRRR

CYElb_TWAAA_zA4.jpg

I'd like to see cross play with the PC, since the population is so small. However, I doubt that would happen. It's too much of an advantage.

join-the-dark-side-GIF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom