• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

What are you guys most hyped for in Outer Rim?

A) New maps (Jabbas' Palace, Factories of Sullust)
B) New weapons & star cards (Relby V-10, D-12, Scatter gun, Dioxis grenade, Adrenaline stim card)
C) New heroes (Greedo, Nein Nunb)
D) New features (Hutt contracts, ???, patch)
C) New mode (Extraction)

Woorloog

Banned
Hard to be excited for anything without proper data.
What kind of weapons are the new weapons?
Are the maps available for WA/Supremacy, is Extraction for old maps?
Etc.

B) New weapons & star cards (Relby V-10, D-12, Scatter gun, Dioxis grenade, Adrenaline stim card)
C) New mode (Extraction)

The maps and the Hutt contracts. Can't wait to check out Jabba's palace.

I regards to the trailer not released today: maybe it's because of the PlayStation VR announcement today? So they won't have to share the spotlight so to speak?

Woorloog

Banned
It is kind of annoying there's no way to disrupt or kill an AT-AT user, for with some luck, it is so ridiculously powerful it usually can turn the tide if the game's against the Empire.
EDIT Especially since the Rebels have no equivalent super-pickup.

Ozorov

I regards to the trailer not released today: maybe it's because of the PlayStation VR announcement today? So they won't have to share the spotlight so to speak?

I just checked how they did with BF4. One DLC-trailer was two weeks ahead, three was one day ahead of release and the last one was released two days ahead.

I dont see why would EA/DICE care about Sonys VR gimmicks?

If the pack drops next tuesday, a trailer will drop this week.

Sure they could come out with a shit marketing way like they are always doing with this game so far, dropping the trailer on monday with a release the day after.

Cross play shooters between console and PC isn't unprecedented. Even moreso, console shooters that allow m/kb input or pc shooters where people use controllers. I think the whole debate gets GROSSLY exaggerated. It's really not a big deal, especially in a more casual shooter like Battlefront which is more about living out your Star Wars fantasies. Some people like myself are better with a controller than a m/kb because it's what are used to. I have a gaming pc and still plug in my ds4 for shooters. The bulk of what separates player skill comes from general knowledge of the mechanics and maps anyways. If the pc player base is suffering I say go for it.

C) New mode (Extraction)
Getting eaten by a rancor. I better be able to get eaten by a rancor.

Cross play shooters between console and PC isn't unprecedented. Even moreso, console shooters that allow m/kb input or pc shooters where people use controllers. I think the whole debate gets GROSSLY exaggerated. It's really not a big deal, especially in a more casual shooter like Battlefront which is more about living out your Star Wars fantasies. Some people like myself are better with a controller than a m/kb because it's what are used to. I have a gaming pc and still plug in my ds4 for shooters. The bulk of what separates player skill comes from general knowledge of the mechanics and maps anyways. If the pc player base is suffering I say go for it.

I tend to agree, at least with this specific scenario.

In Rainbow 6: Siege, the gulf in how the game plays on PC vs console is pretty wide, but that's mostly due to the low TTK and one-hit-kill headshots, regardless of distance, armor, etc. On PC, it's headshot city--it's hard to be that precise (at least consistently) and reactive on console.

Ozorov

"The exact words were "Star Wars Battlefront Experience" so not the full game in VR."

Lets say that before everyone goes bananas

"The exact words were "Star Wars Battlefront Experience" so not the full game in VR."

Lets say that before everyone goes bananas

I dont get why people expect a game like Battlefront, CoD etc to be playable with VR. Such thing will never work.

If past gimmicks like from Nintendo and MS's Kinect are anything to go by, the VR hype etc for games will die pretty fast.
Besides some pointless tech demos of climbing a hill or watching dinosaurs having a poop i dont see anything worth out of VR.

I dont see why would EA/DICE care about Sonys VR gimmicks?

ljKpVuz20KgYE.gif

I dont get why people expect a game like Battlefront, CoD etc to be playable with VR. Such thing will never work.

If past gimmicks like from Nintendo and MS's Kinect are anything to go by, the VR hype etc for games will die pretty fast.
Besides some pointless tech demos of climbing a hill or watching dinosaurs having a poop i dont see anything worth out of VR.
Flight games work perfectly in VR with nothing needed changed. DICE could do a flight based Battlefront in VR.

5taquitos

The on-foot parts? Sure, that wouldn't work well.

Cockpits and speeder bikes? Fuck, that shit is perfect for VR.

Ugh i just hope VR is going to die fast.

Devs and Publishers wasting money, time and resources.
Lol come on man. Sony is subsidizing the development of VR titles, so DICE is earning money for this straight from Sony.

Second, at first I was skeptical about VR, seeing the price of Oculus and Vive. But with the price of PSVR and how much Sony is investing in it, VR is likely going to take off. It won't replace standard gaming but it will become a vibrant new medium. Expect a lot of games to have VR components or exclusive content in the future.

What? First of all, you don't have to buy it. Second of all, what do you know about developer resource and budget allocations? That's hilarious.

Uhm you need people doing this. You have to pay this people. The game or whatever has to work with VR..all this and more isnt free etc.
People hyping this VR crap are hilarious to me.

Lol come on man. Sony is subsidizing the development of VR titles, so DICE is earning money for this straight from Sony.

Second, at first I was skeptical about VR, seeing the price of Oculus and Vive. But with the price of PSVR and how much Sony is investing in it, VR is likely going to take off. It won't replace standard gaming but it will become a vibrant new medium. Expect a lot of games to have VR components or exclusive content in the future.

Sony should invest their money into PSN and improving that instead of doing another Hardware gimmick.

PSVR releases is Fall
Battlefront VR confirmed for PSVR
Flight games work great in VR
Flight game modes have been ignored so far in BF
4th expansion for BF is still unknown, releases in Fall
Rogue One releases this December

Do I need to continue spelling it out?

Rogue One != Rogue Squadron. I think it'll have a few space combat scenes but the film isn't based around that.

We do need another good X-Wing game though.
My bad on the name mix up. I still got the impression that Rogue One wad the name of a fighter squadron and that there'd be quite a few space battle scenes. I could be mistaken, I haven't followed the film too much. Just planning to show up in December and inject it into my veins.

PSVR releases is Fall

No, even better: The Death Star expansion releases this fall.....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ace Combat 7
Battlefront
$399
Theater Mode

God damn, looks like I'm buying PSVR at launch.

Ditto! I Said dayyyummmmm!!!!!

Flight games work perfectly in VR with nothing needed changed. DICE could do a flight based Battlefront in VR.

Rogue Squadron VR!!!

First Person Saber Fight against Vader in Bespin with Move Controllers!!!

PSVR releases is Fall

You are definitely on the right track me thinks.

are you guys suggesting that a piece of the season pass will be VR-specific? lol
I don't think anyone seriously suggested that, just the VR content may be thematically the same as the Battlefront DLC that releases around the same time.

Playing the Death Star battle would be perfect for VR.

Sony should invest their money into PSN and improving that instead of doing another Hardware gimmick.
Let me guess, you listen to crapgamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom