• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

I hate joining a match in progress and getting to the #1 spot in just a couple of minutes. That isn't a stealth boast, it's me frustrated that most people that play this game don't do shit. They're all a bunch of moronic camers/snipers that don't PTO.

Ugh cant stant this youtube money whores...

Just stream it with the DICE guys and show/explain everything in detail.

I don't even think Levelcap and Jackfrags even play the game unless EA is sponsoring the video.

They abandoned the game very fast. EA should pick some Gaf people :D Ugh i see they are streaming on the different channels every two hours... wtf. Just use the EAStarwars Twitch channel

But they probably have to play on PS4 when i remember the last Livestream about Jakku right :D

And lol even the Map Names that leaked are true...

Palpable

I just got the best rage messages I will ever receive in my life. They are even in voice form!

This guy was playing as Leia Organa on a Walker Assault and sitting waaaay in the back. I got in front of him and shot at him to annoying him so he'd A) at least drop power ups or B) move up and help the team defend the uplinks. These are the messages I received after 5 seconds of standing in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvBw6SuKC4E

He even said he joined some of the BF communities I'm in and posted about how much of a pussy I am. I tried opening up some of the pages for the communities, but nothing would load. If you guys see his post in the BF GAF community, let me know what it says.

Ozorov

I just got the best rage messages I will ever receive in my life. They are even in voice form!

This guy was playing as Leia Organa on a Walker Assault and sitting waaaay in the back. I got in front of him and shot at him to annoying him so he'd A) at least drop power ups or B) move up and help the team defend the uplinks. These are the messages I received after 5 seconds of standing in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvBw6SuKC4E

He even said he joined some of the BF communities I'm in and posted about how much of a pussy I am. I tried opening up some of the pages for the communities, but nothing would load. If you guys see his post in the BF GAF community, let me know what it says.
Haha dang, he's mad bro

I hate when people play like that. Last time it happened it was on Twilight. We were already on the second phase of WA. I died so I respawned on my partner. He was still in the first area as far back as you can go with a Pulse Cannon. After that I stopped spawning on him. He went 6-0 at the end. I mean GREAT JOB MAN, you did so much for your team with an awesome k/d!

Another time this guy picked up the hero token right a the start of Jakku. He picked Han Solo and stay as far back as he could the whole game. If finally died in the last phase and went like 12-2 or something really bad for hogging the hero the whole match. Needless to say we lost that game.

So the stream is taking place in dices studio. Good to know

You should post links and quotes too ;)

And yeah ive read that too yesterday

But still imo weird to invite this youtubers that dont play the game anymore. Viewers shouldnt be the only thing EA should look for.

Ozorov

You should post links and quotes too ;)

And yeah ive read that too yesterday
I'm on mobile and too lazy to do that ;). But I will try to do that in future posts

They have invited community-members to playtest Outer Rim. Like BattlefrontUpdates etc.

Edit: also looks like they will show extraction on all four new maps. First mode that will be playable both on big and smaller maps?

MADGAME

Nice, I only have one webinar to facilitate this morning and no meetings the rest of the day. What better use of company time than watching the live stream and getting hype on Outer Rim details?

As soon as the release date is verified my time off is getting submitted.

Nice, I only have one webinar to facilitate this morning and no meetings the rest of the day. What better use of company time than watching the live stream and getting hype on Outer Rim details?

As soon as the release date is verified my time off is getting submitted.

I dont think that the release needs to be verified. It leaked. By two big retailes already.

Next tuesday is the day for us Season Pass owners.

Ozorov

I dont think that the release needs to be verified. It leaked. By two big retailes already.

Next tuesday is the day for us Season Pass owners.

So close.

tumblr_m3jmvaU5ct1qfr6udo1_500.gif

Next Tuesday is also the first Fallout 4 DLC. Fuck. I haven't payed Battlefront in a week because I am in my final push for the Platinum in Fallout 4. If I don't do it now I will never do it. All I need is 3 more Bobbleheads and to do the Brotherhood and Railroad endings.

What a glorious day.

First the BioShock is getting more real by the second.

and then this afternoon we have hours of SWBF goodness.

And also it is sunny in England.

And also I found out there's a dedicated Ice Cream shop opening up near me soon.

Ozorov

What a glorious day.

First the BioShock is getting more real by the second.

and then this afternoon we have hours of SWBF goodness.

And also it is sunny in England.

And also I found out there's a dedicated Ice Cream shop opening up near me soon.

And that boxart was so sweet!

Playing it safe as Leia in WA is a sound strategy though, your guard get Smart rockets on a cool down! It's the equivalent of getting the tow cable speeder and flying away from the battle until the walkers are vulnerable.

I don't play WA very much though. I don't like how one of your hands has to be a dedicated AV even if it only ever gets used during those quick phases. That and there's no way to change hands except dying. I like the push/pull off Supremacy much better. Turning point is cool too but needs heroes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Playing it safe as Leia in WA is a sound strategy though, your guard get Smart rockets on a cool down! It's the equivalent of getting the tow cable speeder and flying away from the battle until the walkers are vulnerable.

I don't play WA very much though. I don't like how one of your hands has to be a dedicated AV even if it only ever gets used during those quick phases. That and there's no way to change hands except dying. I like the push/pull off Supremacy much better. Turning point is cool too but needs heroes.
I really wish they had mode specific hands, anti-vehicle is pretty much pointless on things like blast and drop ship, but if I switch them out I will forget and then next time I play WA I am stuck without my ion weapons.

MADGAME

I really wish they had mode specific hands, anti-vehicle is pretty much pointless on things like blast and drop ship, but if I switch them out I will forget and then next time I play WA I am stuck without my ion weapons.
Seconded, and by mode and faction would be even better.

Ozorov

In just under two hours we will be kicking off a 6-hour livestream of Outer Rim taking place at our DICE LA studio (10 AM PT). We have Lead Designer, Dennis Brannvall onsite from Stockholm to discuss all things Outer Rim and Jackfrags, LevelCap Gaming, and Darkness429, who will be playing the game and chatting / interviewing Dennis.

Not only will we discuss Outer Rim, but will also reveal some of the details around the patch that will release along site this content.

I hope you will be able to join us today and check out our wider spread stream format of 6 hours over our 1-2 hour streams. If you're not able to tune in, Jackfrags, levelCap and Darkness429 will be re-hosting their segments within their channels post stream.

Also, stay tuned for the new Outer Rim trailer.

Links:
You can watch the entire stream from the official @EAStarWars channel or on each unique channel below.

All Day: https://www.twitch.tv/eastarwars
Jackfrags (10 AM - 12 PM PT): https://www.twitch.tv/jackfrags
LevelCap Gaming (12 PM - 2 PM PT): https://www.twitch.tv/levelcapgaming
Darkness429 (2 PM - 4 PM PT): https://www.twitch.tv/darkness_429

Source: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...on/34084/official-outer-rim-livestream#latest

JonCha

I'll watch the first hour and catch up some more later. I'm actually interested to see how the new weapons and heroes are going to play, and are they going to have all heroes available across every playlist (excluding Fight Squadron) so we'll end up with like, what, 11 heroes to pick from at any time? Two per pack, including this one, and the three we have at the moment, means there will be eight additional heroes if they continue like this.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nearly time boys

If no one else does it, I'll post a thread on gaming side 10 minutes before.

Go for it homie.

I'll be there for emotional support.

Give me a shout out

Thanks

Might need counselling.

I always do.

Someone bring the bingo chart

On topic, can't wait to see that footage

Hahahaha!

Good luck, and May the Force be With You, Always!

Oynox

I am at work later and won't be able to see the stream? Can anybody post some pictures and information? Or post a link to some kind of ticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom