• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
What PC players?

/ducks

Az1CJ2MEjmsp2.gif

GeeTeeCee

Today I played Battlefront for the first time in weeks (I've been trying to make a little progress with my backlog so certain games got put on the backburner). Finally got to try out some of the new maps. Sadly it appears my ground combat skills are even worse than before. I still miss the original (and OP) RT-97C

Twilight on Hoth was fun, though I joined a Turning Point match already in progress so barely got to see it. Survivors of Endor wasn't nearly as fun; it's likely down to the fact our team was getting stomped by the near-invisible Rebels. Pretty map, but it seems too chaotic for me for now. Smoke grenades were constantly used by players. I'd honestly never seen them used before today.

Fighter Squadron Twilight on Hoth: LAWD what a gorgeous map.

First time playing FS without the safety net of a god-mode A-Wing to fall back on. Destroyed 32 starfighters (16 kills, 16 AI) with an X-Wing in a match I joined partway through. Good to see my air game is still on point. We lost to the Imperials, but frankly I'm just pleased to see that they can actually win now.

Seigyoku

Since my brother's computer failed to turn on, oh two? weeks ago, he's been using another one in the house on occasion and instead has been using the PS4 (WHICH I REPEAT IS MINE) almost non-stop in his room.

So lucky PS4 players, you are getting a semi-competent player instead of me.

Whereas I've gotten a ton of trophies. :D

So I past the 500 kill mark with the Cycler Rifle and it's now the Starcard I got the most kills with. If it was up to me they could slightly reduce the bullet speed, cause it's getting just to damn easy to get long range headshots. What I also realized is that I rarely get killed by it myself. Seems like not many players are using it still.
Anyway, here's one more vid I did today with some Cycler Rifle headshots :)

http://youtu.be/jF3nNhoceAA

i know this is nothing compared to what you jedi masters out there can pull off but i was pretty happy with it

Shots like these are the most satisfying :)

A Wings are still stronger than the X Wings, aren't they?

They're just so goddamn fast...

lawnchair

Banned
So I past the 500 kill mark with the Cycler Rifle and it's now the Starcard I got the most kills with. If it was up to me they could slightly reduce the bullet speed, cause it's getting just to damn easy to get long range headshots. What I also realized is that I rarely get killed by it myself. Seems like not many players are using it still.

that is a joy to watch

what sensitivity do you use?

you're right that not many people seem to be using it .. i've seen a slight uptick recently but only very slight. i think i've been killed by it 4 or 5 times total.

that is a joy to watch

what sensitivity do you use?

you're right that not many people seem to be using it .. i've seen a slight uptick recently but only very slight. i think i've been killed by it 4 or 5 times total.

I'm not sure. Probably the default sensitivity, I don't remember changing it.

Someone on twitch brought up a good point for why old Ben Kenobi might not be coming as a Hero DLC character.

It'd put the dark side at a bit of a disadvantage for Heroes vs Villains, having two light saber characters with him and Luke. I mean, of course he'd likely be a slower tank model like Vader, but still.

Unless they only allow rebels to pick only Obi-Wan, or Luke, but that seems silly.

5taquitos

Someone on twitch brought up a good point for why old Ben Kenobi might not be coming as a Hero DLC character.

It'd put the dark side at a bit of an advantage for Heroes vs Villains, having two light saber characters with him and Luke. I mean, of course he'd likely be a slower tank model like Vader, but still.

Unless they only allow rebels to pick only Obi-Wan, or Luke, but that seems silly.

They don't have to have saber parity, just need a villain with abilities that would balance it out. I can't think of a natural fit, but I'm sure they could come up with something.

lawnchair

Banned

It'd put the dark side at a bit of a disadvantage for Heroes vs Villains, having two light saber characters with him and Luke. I mean, of course he'd likely be a slower tank model like Vader, but still..

they'll just put in the spinny-circle-lightsaber guy as a decent balance to obi wan WOOOO

CD'S BAR

Nice. This inspired me to start using it. Was just playing with pulse and cycler as my cards. Dat range. So satisfying.

MADGAME

Does anyone think Fighter Squadron maps could be part of Season Pass content? I ask because although I want more FS maps, I don't want them to take up a map slot in the season pass.

Does anyone think Fighter Squadron maps could be part of Season Pass content? I ask because although I want more FS maps, I don't want them to take up a map slot in the season pass.

My guess is that they'll come as an extra, like in the twilight Hoth map. But I don't think The Outer Rim is going to have new FS maps, unless they're adding a night version of a Sullust map. The Bespin DLC is going to be a FS wet dream I think ;-)

MADGAME

My guess is that they'll come as an extra, like in the twilight Hoth map. But I don't think The Outer Rim is going to have new FS maps, unless they're adding a night version of a Sullust map. The Bespin DLC is going to be a FS wet dream I think ;-)
Bespin FS will be sick! If Twin Pod Cloud Cars are added I will probably squeal. As you mentioned I do hope the FS maps are implemented as extras, and don't take a full map slot. I would make an exception for a full-on Death Star ROTJ space map though, or a ANH Death Star trench run mode.

Not sure why they wouldn't have more FS maps, maybe them having to be DLC required will prove to be troublesome.

But logistically, it would not require a huge effort right? I mean it's just the skybox ect

Bespin FS will be sick! If Twin Pod Cloud Cars are added I will probably squeal. As you mentioned I do hope the FS maps are implemented as extras, and don't take a full map slot. I would make an exception for a full-on Death Star ROTJ space map though, or a ANH Death Star trench run mode.

If they're not adding the Twin Pod Cloud Car, I'm going to visit their office and make them.
Somehow that's always been one of my favorite vehicles in Star Wars. The thought alone of flying one has me drooling.
And how cool would it be if you could spawn on your buddy and co-pilot one.....

LOHCxgW6HnHzy.gif

Ozorov

KEY FEATURES

2 playable hero characters
Greedo
Nien Nunb

4 multiplayer maps set on the Outer Rim planes of Sullust and Tatooine
Jabba’s Palace
Palace Garage
SoroSuub Refinery
SoroSuub Pipelines

2 new blasters