• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

I wonder if that EMP-bomb and Medic-bomb will release on a later stage, since they don't talk about it at all. And Dennis seemed to wanna get it out of screen while they were at the Hutt Contracts

Toa TAK

Banned
Weequay:

latest

Man that bragging right looks so good.

Woorloog

Banned
The new rifle is a Targeting Rifle class?

Any idea how the new pistol works? If it is semi-auto single-shot with reasonable rate of fire and mediocre firepower, i'll be annoyed as that's the kind of pistol i want (but not willing to get the whole DLC for one weapon).

Ozorov

The new rifle is a Targeting Rifle class?

Any idea how the new pistol works? If it is semi-auto single-shot with reasonable rate of fire and mediocre firepower, i'll be annoyed as that's the kind of pistol i want (but not willing to get the whole DLC for one weapon).

There are two new rifles and two new pistols. Two via DLC and two are via Hutt Contracts.

I can't tell them apart yet so I dunno how the DLC-pistol is. If you watch the trailer you will get a small glimse at Greedo's pistol which is the one in the DLC-pack. And it seems to fit your description pretty good.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh. That DLT-19x is probably the non-DLC one then since the DLC rifle is listed as Relby V-10.

EDIT Greedo's pistol looks like DT-12, which is the DLC pistol apparently. A heavy blaster in SW Legends, ie a magnum-type weapon like DL-44.
So probably not something i care about.
EDIT2 besides, it looks ugly.

Wait, so there won't be any new Walker Assault or Supremacy maps with the outer rim dlc?

43139_sad-disappointed-frown.gif

edit: That shit is like releasing a new BF4 pack without any new conquest maps.

MADGAME

So thoughts on Outer Rim being a playlist.

I understand that dlc owners will be less than vanilla owners, but will the player count be so low they felt they had to lump all Outer Rim game modes into one playlist? Hope we don't need to be concerned, but still a little bummed I can't choose Cargo or any other mode and play it on repeat.

I'm liking everything I've seen, and it sounds like the updates and changes will add value and there is more to come, but it would be nice to mix the dlc with vanilla content in game specific playlists.

Ozorov

So thoughts on Outer Rim being a playlist.

I understand that dlc owners will be less than vanilla owners, but will the player count be so low they felt they had to lump all Outer Rim game modes into one playlist? Hope we don't need to be concerned, but still a little bummed I can't choose Cargo or any other mode and play it on repeat.

I'm liking everything I've seen, and it sounds like the updates and changes will add value and there is more to come, but it would be nice to mix the dlc with vanilla content in game specific playlists.

I think you can choose a specific game mode on Outer Rim also?

MADGAME

I think you can choose a specific game mode on Outer Rim also?

Only to start with, then you play what's next in the rotation. So if you choose Extraction, then next mode might be HvV or Cargo, etc. It keeps rotating because all modes are 8v8. They've said a few times it's an 8-10 hour playlist.

5taquitos

Only to start with, then you play what's next in the rotation. So if you choose Extraction, then next mode might be HvV or Cargo, etc. It keeps rotating because all modes are 8v8. They've said a few times it's an 8-10 hour playlist.

Huh, that's an...interesting way to do it.

MADGAME

The CM just said ramming is going to change. Both will die in a ship to ship collision.

Huh, that's an...interesting way to do it.

Interesting is one perspective. Not sure how I feel about it. Again, I can see the need to ensure games are found quickly, but if you're in an Extraction mood, you'll have to keep backing out and picking that game mode over and over. Most likely you will join mid-match. Hopefully they get plenty of feedback to change this, and the player count that owns DLC is enough to support it.

Ozorov

The CM just said ramming is going to change. Both will die in a ship to ship collision.

Interesting is one perspective. Not sure how I feel about it. Again, I can see the need to ensure games are found quickly, but if you're in an Extraction mood, you'll have to keep backing out and picking that game mode over and over. Most likely you will join mid-match. Hopefully they get plenty of feedback to change this, and the player count that owns DLC is enough to support it.

I like the idea of this since I often only play one or max two games per mode then I switch

What I was hearing between the lines was that it's a bit of an experiment, which could change in the future.

I'm so fucking bummed that the new DLC is only for the smaller game modes.

That one close quarters combat DLC from the BF4 Season Pass was pretty amazing.

But still, ugh. :(

From everything I’ve heard today (I didn’t get to watch the stream). I’m pretty content with it. A lot of the new additions seem really fun and I love how they are still tweaking the older stuff. The Vader buff is pretty good; a four second block to an eight is pretty significant. I also like how they are handling the DLC, so it doesn’t really split the player base. The PC player base wouldn’t be looking too hot if they split it. So I’m looking forward to the 22nd! It also makes me wonder what they have in store for the later DLCs. This one seems pretty good, so I can’t wait to see the future ones. After this I don't really have any regrets purchasing the season pass.

Ozorov

From everything I’ve heard today (I didn’t get to watch the stream). I’m pretty content with it. A lot of the new additions seem really fun and I love how they are still tweaking the older stuff. The Vader buff is pretty good; a four second block to an eight is pretty significant. I also like how they are handling the DLC, so it doesn’t really split the player base. The PC player base wouldn’t be looking too hot if they split it. So I’m looking forward to the 22nd! It also makes me wonder what they have in store for the later DLCs. This one seems pretty good, so I can’t wait to see the future ones. After this I don't really have any regrets purchasing the season pass.

Vader also got a Health-buff and the saber throw goes further.

MADGAME

Additional morsels:

Greedo and Nien will only be available in MP modes at launch, will be patched into single player modes at a future date.

Dice is beginning to flesh out process of showing personal stats at the end of a game. More stuff coming in future updates.

5 new trophies and 2 new dioramas are coming, not sure it is part of Outer Rim

MADGAME

Yikes, sounds like Dennis just confirmed they will break up large parties if necessary in the interest of team balancing.

5taquitos

Haven't gotten the season pass yet. Anymore deals you guys know of?

Have you checked your Sony Rewards points lately? (I think I remember that you're on PS4) I just checked the other day and I had enough for a $10 PSN voucher, which I'll be using for the season pass. Plus, I think I read points reset every year at the end of March.

Palpable

Have you checked your Sony Rewards points lately? (I think I remember that you're on PS4) I just checked the other day and I had enough for a $10 PSN voucher, which I'll be using for the season pass. Plus, I think I read points reset every year at the end of March.

I didn't even know that was a thing. How do I check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom