• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ideal way to do DLC was how GG handled Killzone. Maps free for everyone, customization/new characters paid, either through a season pass or single transactions.
If they would do it this way, they still got my money. Hell, I would buy everything. And it would ensure a good population for all the future Maps/Modes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hero Hunt isnt available in outer rim. Seems odd. Is the maps too close quarters for that so some heroes gets opieopie?
My guess is that it is just an unpopular mode so they don't want to force people to play it.

GeeTeeCee

I personally think 90% of season pass-buyers mainly buys it for the new maps/locations

That's the main reason I'm buying it.

Finally decided to cave in and buy the season pass this weekend. The first dlc sounds promising enough, which gives me high hopes for the others.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The ideal way to do DLC was how GG handled Killzone. Maps free for everyone, customization/new characters paid, either through a season pass or single transactions.
If they would do it this way, they still got my money. Hell, I would buy everything. And it would ensure a good population for all the future Maps/Modes.

Agreed. I would do the same as well.

Is there still that slickdeals thing for a $50 PSN card for $43?

I believe so. In eBay from the PayPal gift card store. At least a day or two ago it was.

I thought I would have to start Fallout 4 all over again because I forgot to make a separate save for the ending, but I found one in the cloud right before Hunter/Hunted so it should save me some time so I can Plat before Outer Rim!

I wonder how long it'll take to get from 50-60. Like will it be longer than 1-50?

Overall I'm not really in a rush to get to 60, I'm not really a fan of Weequays.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I thought I would have to start Fallout 4 all over again because I forgot to make a separate save for the ending, but I found one in the cloud right before Hunter/Hunted so it should save me some time so I can Plat before Outer Rim!

Nice! That auto-cloud save definitely 'saved' me on more than one occasion, especially when Telltale game decides to bug out and not load a current one.

On a side note, made level 50 last night. Ready for Tuesday!

I wonder how long it'll take to get from 50-60. Like will it be longer than 1-50?

Overall I'm not really in a rush to get to 60, I'm not really a fan of Weequays.

I would guess about or a hair longer than 40-50.

Ozorov

Wasnt 49 -> 50 like 75000 points or something like that? so maybe 50 -> 51 will be 76000 and so on

Ozorov

So by looking at previous "DLC"-updates we got it seems like they're updating from 8 AM - 10 AM UTC. Hopefully it will be the same on tuesday

Ozorov

True to my word, I gave in and bought the season pass. Now we wait.

cJlBUVL.gif

Ozorov

On early Tuesday morning, March 22nd, Star Wars Battlefront servers will go offline for up to an hour as we launch our Outer Rim DLC and Patch. Scheduled downtime is listed below; we apologize in advance for any inconveniences.

March 22nd
Outer Rim General Patch:
Companion App: 08:00 UTC
PC: 08:00 UTC
PS4: 10:00 UTC
X1: 12:00 UTC

DLC for Season Pass owners:
PC: 13:00 UTC
PS4 SCEA & SCEE: 14:00 UTC
X1: 15:00 UTC

March 23rd
PS4 Asia: 04:00 UTC
PS4 Japan: 02:00-05:00 UTC

Full patch notes will be posted upon the start of downtime.

Source

1ef.gif

So I just played a 5 vs 3 Walker Assault match. It became a Blast match on one giant map, it was actually pretty cool :)

On early Tuesday morning, March 22nd, Star Wars Battlefront servers will go offline for up to an hour as we launch our Outer Rim DLC and Patch. Scheduled downtime is listed below; we apologize in advance for any inconveniences.

March 22nd
Outer Rim General Patch:
Companion App: 08:00 UTC
PC: 08:00 UTC
PS4: 10:00 UTC
X1: 12:00 UTC

PC: 13:00 UTC
PS4 SCEA & SCEE: 14:00 UTC
X1: 15:00 UTC

March 23rd
PS4 Asia: 04:00 UTC
PS4 Japan: 02:00-05:00 UTC

Full patch notes will be posted upon the start of downtime.

Source

1ef.gif

Was kind of hoping on getting the DLC in the morning, like the last patches, but I'll guess it'll come when the PlayStation Store updates.

5taquitos

I don't have any of the PS4 players here on my friends list, send me an invite at taq_attaq for some dlc action.

I'm also going to need help with master survival missions sooner or later :p

Tubie

So it's confirmed no new big maps for this DLC?

That's extremely disappointing if so.

I was at least hoping for 1 new planet per DLC, so at least 1 new big map per DLC, but nope thats not how they're doing things it seems.

So it's confirmed no new big maps for this DLC?

That's extremely disappointing if so.

I was at least hoping for 1 new planet per DLC, so at least 1 new big map per DLC, but nope thats not how they're doing things it seems.

Well, we got three new, free big maps and they confirmed that the next DLC will be large mode oriented.
And maybe you'll be having so much fun playing extraction that the absence of big maps soon will be forgotten ;-)

Palpable

Well, we got three new, free big maps and they confirmed that the next DLC will be large mode oriented.
And maybe you'll be having so much fun playing extraction that the absence of big maps soon will be forgotten ;-)

Bespin will be focusing on large maps? Interesting... I'd think Bespin would've been the smaller map focused DLC while Outer Rim would be large.

Bespin will be focusing on large maps? Interesting... I'd think Bespin would've been the smaller map focused DLC while Outer Rim would be large.

That was my assumption as well and initially I was disappointed, but the new mode looks really good, as do the maps.
And I'm not expecting modes like Walker Assault and Turning Point on Bespin, but we know we will be getting new modes, so they'll probably be modes tailored to the Bespin geography.

XSX

I don't have any of the PS4 players here on my friends list, send me an invite at taq_attaq for some dlc action.

I'm also going to need help with master survival missions sooner or later :p

Same here. Added you and if anyone else wants my PSN it's: sjm_675

Ozorov

That was my assumption as well and initially I was disappointed, but the new mode looks really good, as do the maps.
And I'm not expecting modes like Walker Assault and Turning Point on Bespin, but we know we will be getting new modes, so they'll probably be modes tailored to the Bespin geography.
I really like the heroes-idea in extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom