• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Mission-based unlocks? For fucks sake, that's exactly what i feared and what i hate.
If you must have unlock system, keep it as fucking simple as possible, ie merely "buy stuff".

Ozorov

3HhiY3y.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's ripped straight from Battlefield, for better or worse.
Battlefield has 100's of weapons though, so missing out on the slightly different assault rifle because you didn't get six sniper kills while wearing a dress and a fez hat isnt that big a deal.

5taquitos

Battlefield has 100's of weapons though, so missing out on the slightly different assault rifle because you didn't get six sniper kills while wearing a dress and a fez hat isnt that big a deal.

As a flipside to the same coin, the Hutt Contracts look to only have a few pieces of gear available at the start, so you won't have to do many missions to access all they have to offer.

Edit: And the goals shown in the screenshot earlier up are pretty easy.

MADGAME

Few more tidbits, some already posted

Extraction - if you get the hero pickup, the hero is chosen for you. More than one hero can be present on each team, a new team-specific hero pickup appears as time passes and phases of the game progress.
Quick Match options - can matchmake into multiple modes​
Auto Balancing - auto balances teams at map switch

Nien's turett upgrades to explosive shot

HvV
Only 2 Honor Guards/Shock Troopers will spawn per round

5taquitos

Few more tidbits, some already posted

Extraction - if you get the hero pickup, the hero is chosen for you. More than one hero can be present on each team, a new team-specific hero pickup appears as time passes and phases of the game progress.
Quick Match options - can matchmake into multiple modes​
Auto Balancing - auto balances teams at map switch

Nien's turett upgrades to explosive shot

HvV
Only 2 Honor Guards/Shock Troopers will spawn per round

This all sounds legit, can't wait to take Engineer Nunb into battle and plant some trolly turrets.

Ozorov

Uhm yes? Rolling around like an idiot isnt something i call a Star Wars experience.

This is DICE baby and should stay that way.

But is it true that all new maps are only made for the small modes?? That would be very disappointing.

Yes, this is a close quarters-DLC as they called it.

PrankT

Auto balancing is sure to make people mad. Imagine A-wing lamers getting to play twice as rebels because they were the "best" player and get switched to the team they just obliterated and use A-wing entire match again. Or perhaps you just got stomped as Imperial in Fighter Squadron or Walker Assault and then getting switched to play as Imperial yet again. I wonder if it will balance based on score or rank. It will be interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom