• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Auto balancing is sure to make people mad. Imagine A-wing lamers getting to play twice as rebels because they were the "best" player and get switched to the team they just obliterated and use A-wing entire match again. Or perhaps you just got stomped as Imperial in Fighter Squadron or Walker Assault and then getting switched to play as Imperial yet again. I wonder if it will balance based on score or rank. It will be interesting to say the least.

They autobalance will happen between matches, not rounds.

So you still have to play on both sides per map. After those two rounds are done the autobalance will occur.

Kovet

The relby v10 seems like a semi auto mix between the t21 and the e11.

The dlt 19x is like the t21 but it overheats every shot. it seems to be similar to the cycler rifle a bit.

anyone see how those 2 new pistols work?

JonCha

Wow, the Gaming thread has descended into childish drivle.

Anyway, from the beginning I didn't really care about the identify of new heroes at this point. I care about how they play. Greedo's ability to kill five people at once looks awesome as does Nien Nub's turret. The new weapons also look very good, too.

Seems like a very solid first release from DICE.

I'm happy with the CQC maps on this, because via playlists and team balancing, they've made it efficient to enjoy it because of the two reasons, variety and population.

Something I thought the base game lacked.

Ozorov

I'm happy with the CQC maps on this, because via playlists and team balancing, they've made it efficient to enjoy it because of the two reasons, variety and population.

I'm on your side. First I was like "meh" but the more I see of it the more I want to play it since I rarely play the smaller modes. Team balancing is a very important news for me at smaller modes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Auto balancing is sure to make people mad. Imagine A-wing lamers getting to play twice as rebels because they were the "best" player and get switched to the team they just obliterated and use A-wing entire match again. Or perhaps you just got stomped as Imperial in Fighter Squadron or Walker Assault and then getting switched to play as Imperial yet again. I wonder if it will balance based on score or rank. It will be interesting to say the least.

These are questions these Streamers should be asking.

Ozorov

So, the mode is not a big mode, the new maps are not for Walker Assault at least (perhaps Supremacy?), there are only two new weapons and the rest is utterly irrelevant to me.

Well. I guess i'm disappointed it will be DLC i won't be getting.

Hopefully the next one will be more interesting.

They confirmed this will be the only close quarters-DLC.

I agree, though I'm not sure I get what is top ability is.

Do you mean his "Head"-ability? It's like a scan pulse

I don't mind it so much. I mean we did just get two free large scale maps, so I don't mind them focusing on other modes when it comes to maps.

5taquitos

Do you mean his "Head"-ability? It's like a scan pulse

That's the one, thanks!

Edit: Is it a stationary scan pulse? I may have not seen quite correctly, but it looked like it created an area on the ground. Does it light up any enemies that walk into it? Or is it just a standard scan pulse?

PrankT

They autobalance will happen between matches, not rounds.

So you still have to play on both sides per map. After those two rounds are done the autobalance will occur.
That's good to hear. Did they announce that during the stream? Do we know what the balancing will be based on yet? Average score of the two rounds? With people coming in and out between rounds I'm wondering what the overall impact will be. I suppose it will just break up teams who constantly win and stay. Will parties stay together?

Ozorov

• The three players* that dealt most damage to the hero will get a chance to get to play as the hero next round. It will be randomize who it will be.
  • The player that gets to be the hero will have it's "Damage dealt to hero" reset.
  • You can't choose your hero, it will be random via a fortune wheel
  • All other players will still have it's "damage dealt to hero" remaining, so the chance that the two players that wasn't chosen to play the hero the round* before will have a higher chance.

5taquitos

• The three players that dealt most damage to the hero will get a chance to get to play as the hero next round. It will be randomize who it will be.
  • The player that gets to be the hero will have it's "Damage dealt to hero" reset.
  • All other players will still have it's "damage dealt to hero" remaining

Those sound like great changes to Hero Hunt, I may actually play it again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
  • The three players* that dealt most damage to the hero will get a chance to get to play as the hero next round. It will be randomize who it will be.
  • All other players will still have it's "damage dealt to hero" remaining, so the chance that the two players that wasn't chosen to play the hero the round* before will have a higher chance.

Interesting. It is definitely an improvement, and more complex/thought put into than speculated. Hopefully I can finally get a win in that mode (I tend to not play it long enough to even try) to get the trophy.

Might play this mode more now. The last hit was stupid.

Ozorov

Interesting. It is definitely an improvement, and more complex/thought put into than speculated. Hopefully I can finally get a win in that mode (I tend to not play it long enough to even try) to get the trophy.

Haha me too. One of three multiplayer-throphies I am missing

Palpable

Just woke up. Can someone summarize what I missed about Outer Rim?

I just got the best rage messages I will ever receive in my life. They are even in voice form!

This guy was playing as Leia Organa on a Walker Assault and sitting waaaay in the back. I got in front of him and shot at him to annoying him so he'd A) at least drop power ups or B) move up and help the team defend the uplinks. These are the messages I received after 5 seconds of standing in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvBw6SuKC4E

He even said he joined some of the BF communities I'm in and posted about how much of a pussy I am. I tried opening up some of the pages for the communities, but nothing would load. If you guys see his post in the BF GAF community, let me know what it says.

Posting for people who didn't see this.

5taquitos

Oz will do a better job, but here are a few highlights:

All 4 maps are CQC (Extraction Mode is 8v8)
Team balancing after matches
Hutt Contracts to unlock free weapons and equipment (like Assignments from BF4)
Nien is an Engineer from TF2
HvV is now 8v8 with 4 heroes on each side.

Ozorov

Grenades no longer go through squad shields

Watching on mobile so I can't post and watch simultaneously, but here are my notes so far.

Outer Rim is considered "close quarters" pack
Scatter gun pierces personal shields
Adrenaline Stim triggers regeneration immediately
All Outer Rim modes are 8v8
New power up - Disruptor Rifle
Grenades and Missiles no longer go through squad shields. Cycler, Scattergun will still pierce shield and Ion Grenade will auto nullify it.
Lvl 60 - Weequay skin
Combat Roll - soldiers and some heroes (Han, Leia, Nien, Greedo)

HvV
Choose your hero, 8v8

Extraction
Rebels get hero first phase, Imps get hero last phase

Outer Rim is 8-10 hours of rotating playlist
Heros have sliding scale traits
Nien - Turret indoors, fast cooldown pulse rifle, proximity mines orbital strike
Greedo - Grenades - level 1 Dioxis, lvl 2 Thermal Detonator lvl 3 Imploder
Vader Buff - increased block time 4s to 8s

IIRC :D:

You unlock a Contract from Jabba with credits
You get three "missions/goals" to do
Once you finish them you unlock the weapon/star card

I think the Disruptor Rifle Star Card is a Jabba Contract as well.

Few more tidbits, some already posted

Extraction - if you get the hero pickup, the hero is chosen for you. More than one hero can be present on each team, a new team-specific hero pickup appears as time passes and phases of the game progress.
Quick Match options - can matchmake into multiple modes​
Auto Balancing - auto balances teams at map switch

Nien's turett upgrades to explosive shot

HvV
Only 2 Honor Guards/Shock Troopers will spawn per round

UG6gAC6.jpg
Hero hunt changes

Oz will do a better job, but here are a few highlights:

All 4 maps are CQC (Extraction Mode is 8v8)
Team balancing after matches
Hutt Contracts to unlock free weapons and equipment (like Assignments from BF4)
Nien is an Engineer from TF2
HvV is now 8v8 with 4 heroes on each side.

Thanks to MADGAME

What was the new alien race for the rebels? I haven't been able to watch the stream, I know Imperials aren't getting any type of customization.

Ozorov

What was the new alien race for the rebels? I haven't been able to watch the stream, I know Imperials aren't getting any type of customization.

I can post a picture later when they changes streamer if you want. The race is Weequay

They confirmed that skins for imperials are coming.

Ozorov

"Are there any new traits?"
"No."

I just saw one on the screen? :)

Edit:
3HhiY3y.jpg

They have also not talked about that EMP-thing and that Medic-bomb.

Palpable

Thanks for the info. Disappointed that there are no new WA maps. So grenades will bounce off of squad shields now? Interesting. New level cap, cool. I have 1.6 million credits that idk what to do with. Did they give a release date?

Ozorov

Thanks for the info. Disappointed that there are no new WA maps. So grenades will bounce off of squad shields now? Interesting. New level cap, cool. I have 1.6 million credits that idk what to do with. Did they give a release date?

Well you have new Skin and you gotta buy all the hutt contracts. So you'll only have 1.5 million left :(.

March 22nd for season pass.

MADGAME

Hero hunt changes
Thanks to MADGAME

Sweet summary! Couple more points I picked up on, sorry if they were already mentioned. I'll be home in a few and can multitask better.

In HvV, non Outer Rim modes will remain 3 heroes vs 3 Villains. 4 vs 4 is only in the Outer Rim playlist.
New complex method to become Hero in Hero Hunt. Random pick of top 3 damage dealers, then some sort of points reset.

Spectator mode in private matches - 1st person , 3rd person, free camera and hudless modes for cinematic capture.

Plans for more Imperial skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom