• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people not seeing the "view all" (by pressing square) while highlighting the dlc playlist icon when they complain about the playlist?

Because you can choose to play one mode if you wish. Just confused about the rants at the top of this page.
I dont know if its me or the netcode. But sometimes it feels like i get killed by one shot from a E11 or other weapons. Its starting to get on my nerves...

And especially on the new DLC maps its even worse.
I need to show my wife this post because I heard her eyes rolling when I'd complain about this to the tv screen...

I was expecting to have to download the DLC but it apparently automatically installed on my PS4 before I even got up. Is that normal? Most games even if I have already bought it, I have to download it once it is released. It was convenient, but suspicious. I thought only the update would be automatic.

Are people not seeing the "view all" (by pressing square) while highlighting the dlc playlist icon when they complain about the playlist?

Because you can choose to play one mode if you wish. Just confused about the rants at the top of this page.

You can do that, but after the match is finished you go in the normal rotation of the playlist.

Ozorov

I was expecting to have to download the DLC but it apparently automatically installed on my PS4 before I even got up. Is that normal? Most games even if I have already bought it, I have to download it once it is released. It was convenient, but suspicious. I thought only the update would be automatic.
Did you have it in sleep mode?

Tubie

The update included the DLC this time.

GeeTeeCee

I keep forgetting that there's a dodge roll now. Adding a new mechanic several months into a game is weird, and it doesn't feel quite as useful or fluid as the roll in the old games.

GeeTeeCee

Sorry guys, I'm still confused. Can you give an example?

Say for example in Turning Point, players can use the highlight tool to demonstrate to everyone else on the team which particular capture zone they should focus on. If the capture zone marker has a little (5) next to it for example, it's safe to assume there are at least 5 players working towards capturing that objective.

In supremacy for example. You can show your team if you are going to defend a capture point or attack the next one by pressning square and it add that (1). So that shows one player is going to defend do that objective

Say for example in Turning Point, players can use the highlight tool to demonstrate to everyone else on the team which particular capture zone they should focus on. If the capture zone marker has a little (5) next to it for example, it's safe to assume there are at least 5 players working towards capturing that objective.

Ah, I see. But how do you trigger it? Played a round of supremacy just now and didn't see a prompt?

I don't understand why I can't connect to any games. My friends list is also not loading in-game and when I click on someone it disconnects me from the server. This is really pissing me off.

Not that I want to, but why isn't there an option for private matches on the Outer Rim maps?
And do you guys think that they'll get rid of the Playlists if enough Season passes/DLC packs will be sold?
Beforehand I was ok with the playlist, but now not so much. Extraction is a very fun mode and it's irritating if you have to go through a long round of HvV (hate that mode) to play it.

Ozorov

Not that I want to, but why isn't there an option for private matches on the Outer Rim maps?
And do you guys think that they'll get rid of the Playlists if enough Season passes/DLC packs will be sold?
Beforehand I was ok with the playlist, but now not so much. Extraction is a very fun mode and it's irritating if you have to go through a long round of HvV (hate that mode) to play it.
I choose extraction then i jump out when its changes, pretty annoying but thats what you gotta do

I choose extraction then i jump out when its changes, pretty annoying but thats what you gotta do

It is annoying. And it could very well be that you get to play the same map if you join another game.
Nah, I'm not digging these playlists.
And I discovered another bug. Sometimes if I join an Outer Rim playlist, it put's me in one of the vanilla maps. Had that a couple of times now.

Man, whilst I appreciate HvV in the outer rim playlist.

It's just out of place pacing wise. A bit of a slog really. Should get removed and replaced with DZ.

I'm really digging the new life put into this game. The Hutt contracts make me feel like I'm working towards something useful in the game. How do you do the Dodge roll? Im double tapping crouch on ps4 but nothing happens.

Just played for four hours straight, longest I played this in a while. Unlocked everything besides the DLT-19X (I don't want to use the T-21B again QQ). The DL-18 is really good, easily the best of the bunch imo. V-10 is really fun to use. DT-12 is kind of meh, it's like the DL-44 but less damage, however it overheats slower so you can spam it more. I really like the Scatter Gun, at first I thought it was a shotgun, but it has quite a bit of range on it. The Adrenaline Stim is also a decent Star Card, I can see myself using it mainly. It's really good for aggressive gameplay.

Just played for four hours straight, longest I played this in a while. Unlocked everything besides the DLT-19X (I don't want to use the T-21B again QQ). The DL-18 is really good, easily the best of the bunch imo. V-10 is really fun to use. DT-12 is kind of meh, it's like the DL-44 but less damage, however it overheats slower so you can spam it more. I really like the Scatter Gun, at first I thought it was a shotgun, but it has quite a bit of range on it. The Adrenaline Stim is also a decent Star Card, I can see myself using it mainly. It's really good for aggressive gameplay.

You can farm those T-21b kills on large maps also.

Ozorov

T-21B is one of the best weapons in the game imo :)

Monkfish

Banned
the playlist idea - shocking - how could anyone think this was a good idea? Is there one person who thinks being forced to use this playlist and not having it as an option benefits the game?

JimiNutz

Banned
I think I fucked up...
Battlefront came out a few days early in the US compared to the UK and in my desperation to play the game as soon as possible I bought a digital copy of the game from the US Xbox store.

I've been happily playing it this whole time with no issues untik yesterday when my girlfriend purchased the season pass... From the UK store.

Now the game constantly kicks me out a the end of every match. Like it completely restarts the game and kicks me back to the Xbox home screen :(

I haven't seen anyone else mention that they are having the same issue. Is this likely to be the result of owning a US version of the game but UK season pass?

I think I fucked up...
Battlefront came out a few days early in the US compared to the UK and in my desperation to play the game as soon as possible I bought a digital copy of the game from the US Xbox store.

I've been happily playing it this whole time with no issues untik yesterday when my girlfriend purchased the season pass... From the UK store.

Now the game constantly kicks me out a the end of every match. Like it completely restarts the game and kicks me back to the Xbox home screen :(

I haven't seen anyone else mention that they are having the same issue. Is this likely to be the result of owning a US version of the game but UK season pass?

Hmmmm shouldn't be an issue.

JimiNutz

Banned
Hmmmm shouldn't be an issue.

I just uninstalled the Outer Rim DLC to see if the issue is linked to that and I have exactly the same result.

I finish playing a game, the scoreboard comes up, then the pictures to show MVP/most explosive kills etc. Then it goes to load the next screen where the bar fills up and it shows you how much XP/credit you've earned, but it freezes before it gets to this screen and then kicks me back to the Xbox home screen. I then have to restart the game from the beginning.

This is the first season pass I've ever bought and I don't know who I'm supposed to complain to? Someone here suggested tweeting EA Star Wars but I dont have Twitter... I'd rather just be able to speak to someone.

Ozorov

I just uninstalled the Outer Rim DLC to see if the issue is linked to that and I have exactly the same result.

I finish playing a game, the scoreboard comes up, then the pictures to show MVP/most explosive kills etc. Then it goes to load the next screen where the bar fills up and it shows you how much XP/credit you've earned, but it freezes before it gets to this screen and then kicks me back to the Xbox home screen. I then have to restart the game from the beginning.

This is the first season pass I've ever bought and I don't know who I'm supposed to complain to? Someone here suggested tweeting EA Star Wars but I dont have Twitter... I'd rather just be able to speak to someone.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Thank you :)

Tried resetting the xbox?

You know where you hold the power down for 10 seconds till it beeps and turns off, the take out all the cables including the power cable. Leave the cable out for 10 mins or so till you plug it in.

It is unbelievable and downright weird how many problems that solves.

Yep, still can't fill up a room on PC in any game mode. Forever placed on empty game servers.

Game stays disappointing.

Do you go through the whole search? Once it gets to 50% or lower just back out and restart the search. I just played WA for four hours 1am to 4am, when the population is at its lowest and my games were constantly full. I never had an issue with player count.

JimiNutz

Banned
Tried resetting the xbox?

You know where you hold the power down for 10 seconds till it beeps and turns off, the take out all the cables including the power cable. Leave the cable out for 10 mins or so till you plug it in.

It is unbelievable and downright weird how many problems that solves.

Yeah I tried that last night and pulled out thr power cable too.

Looking on the EA forums it seems that a few other people are having the exact same issue across PC, PS4 and Xbox so at least I know I'm not alone.
I think it's linked to the update rather than the Outer Rim DLC itself as some people have the same issue despite not having the season pass.

The new Heroes vs Villains mode is pretty fun.

Although, yeah, I agree with 8 v 8, first to 5 takes too long. ESPECIALLY since people get to select their own Hero now and sometimes take forever to do so.

Vanilla 6 v 6 HvV for me still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom