• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
Think my game is glitched...
Just got in and tried the outer rim DLC. Played one of the new modes and as soon as the game finished it kicked me back to the main menu? Girlfriend said it's been happening all day?

JimiNutz

Banned
Platform?

Xbox One
It just did it again. Game of Blast finished, and it boots me out of the game completely - like right back to the Xbox home screen.

Edit: OK this is seriously fucked! I just tried a regular non DLC game mode and it did exactly the same thing. Game finished, scoreboard is displayed but before it shows me my score/credits earned the game freezes and then it completely resets, so that I'm back at the Xbox home screen and have to restart the game???

This is the first season pass I've ever purchased and it's fucking broken my game! Who do I need to complain too? Microsoft or EA?

MADGAME

I want to pick these up and use them!
STAR%20WARStrade%20Battlefronttrade_20160322160423_zpsk7dq4ntc.png

Are you doing the Relby? I got that one done over multiple matches, so maybe a bug?
I had one match where my Cycler kills didn't add to the total, but the Cycler kills I got in the following match did. It's all a bit buggy if you ask me.

I got my T-21b "in a round" requirements across multiple games too. My Targeting Rifle streaks will not record though. None of them. Sucks. I did manage to unlock the DT-12, Adrenaline Stim II, and Slug Thrower II so far. Really want to try out the Relby but Jabba's being a slimy piece of worm-ridden filth :(

Ozorov

Xbox One
It just did it again. Game of Blast finished, and it boots me out of the game completely - like right back to the Xbox home screen.

Edit: OK this is seriously fucked! I just tried a regular non DLC game mode and it did exactly the same thing. Game finished, scoreboard is displayed but before it shows me my score/credits earned the game freezes and then it completely resets, so that I'm back at the Xbox home screen and have to restart the game???

This is the first season pass I've ever purchased and it's fucking broken my game! Who do I need to complain too? Microsoft or EA?
Try to tweet to eastarwars

Ozorov

I want to pick these up and use them!
STAR%20WARStrade%20Battlefronttrade_20160322160423_zpsk7dq4ntc.png

I got my T-21b "in a round" requirements across multiple games too. My Targeting Rifle streaks will not record though. None of them. Sucks. I did manage to unlock the DT-12, Adrenaline Stim II, and Slug Thrower II so far. Really want to try out the Relby but Jabba's being a slimy piece of worm-ridden filth :(
Whats your psn id?

Ozorov

It seems like hutt contracts is buggy indeed. When i logged out last time i had 12 kills with scatter gun, now it says i have 24 :)

Woorloog

Banned
For Shock Blaster fun, use it and explosive shot. It increases its effective range somewhat thanks to extra damage, and it looks like you're firing a cannon.

Ozorov

How did you unlock it so fast? This is the one where you need 40 shock blaster kills isn't it? That is going to take me forever :-(
I played some extraction games. You get used to the gun fairly quick but holy shit i sucked hard with it the first game. Use it with Focus fire so you get two challenges active at the same time. It is a fun gun

I played some extraction games. You get used to the gun fairly quick but holy shit i sucked hard with it the first game. Use it with Focus fire so you get two challenges active at the same time. It is a fun gun

Had the same with the targeting rifle challenge, but I decided to enjoy the new maps first and worry about the challenges later.
Jabba's palace seems like a good place to farm shock blaster kills though :)

Ozorov

Had the same with the targeting rifle challenge, but I decided to enjoy the new maps first and worry about the challenges later.
Jabba's palace seems like a good place to farm shock blaster kills though :)
Yeah it is :). Did you unlock v10 yet? Oh and btw you Need to use the shock blaster again for scatter ll. 15 kills in a round and 3 streaks
Edit: it seems like They have bumped the score between the levels. 50 -> 51 is 74K and 51 -> 52 is 80K. So 6K difference instead of 1K

Anybody think they can give a rating to the DLC? And if it's a good time to jump back in to Battlefront(and having to re-buy everything digitally - yay for broken disc drive - including the SP or wait 2 weeks for Outer Rim).

I haven't played since January so I'm hoping the updates from Feb and March, alongside Outer Rim, gives this game a new breath of fresh air

I will give that DLC a 3/10.
Sry but its not really fun IMO.

And this Assignments really promote ass gameplay...

Holy shit at that smoke grenade spamming and shotgun camping...

MADGAME

So I go to Walker assault and get kill streaks with T-21b. I got several in a row, even seeing the "Kill Streak Bonus" pop up after kills. Last one did Turning point on Jundland and got 10 in a row before I died. It refuses to register in Hutt Contracts. Ugh, I wants ma Relby!!

Edit: so I go to Jabba again and it shows one Targeting Rifle Streak. A streak better not be 10 in a row!!

That's what I thought until people posted here that you can't jump pack with the shield. That's a huge nerf. I don't recall reading that in the patch notes.
Oh yeah, I missed that but realized in game while doing the Stim level II challenge. I guess after the tweak it's a nerf, but it does now protect you from Rockets, Grenades, and other explosions. I wonder if it really is a change or just another broken item in the list after the release.

Whats your psn id?
Same as GAF :)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It seems like hutt contracts is buggy indeed. When i logged out last time i had 12 kills with scatter gun, now it says i have 24 :)
Yeah there are a lot of kinks to be worked out. I got two pistol streaks in a round and it only registered one.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So I go to Walker assault and get kill streaks with T-21b. I got several in a row, even seeing the "Kill Streak Bonus" pop up after kills. Last one did Turning point on Jundland and got 10 in a row before I died. It refuses to register in Hutt Contracts. Ugh, I wants ma Relby!!

Edit: so I go to Jabba again and it shows one Targeting Rifle Streak. A streak better not be 10 in a row!!
It's 10 in a round. You can die without it resetting and I am pretty certain you can get a kill with another weapon without it resetting.

MADGAME

It's 10 in a round. You can die without it resetting and I am pretty certain you can get a kill with another weapon without it resetting.
Hmm I see. Well that's misleading. Off to try to do that 2 more times then. Thank you.

And just FYI, everyone in Outer Rim is playing to unlock everything. It's all T-21b's, Pistols, Smoke/Flash Grenades, and Shotguns.

Lol it will be nice when peeps unlock everything so they can play with what they want as opposed to being Hutt driven.

RyanW

Because i never said that the game is perfect ;) And do we really need to go that route? You wanted a rating and i gave you that.

Just pointing it out. I really appreciate the post. I'm sure within the next week most of plsyer base will be back to normal playing routine once they finish their contracts.

Kovet

so ive played a few games and heres what i think

Cons:
New playlist system is stupid
reducing drop zone player count to 12 (literally worst thing in the patch imo)
the inclusion of heroes vs villains in the playlist (im not a fan of fighting against or as heroes)
the inclusion of heroes in the extraction game mode
the dl18 already feels unbalanced, maybe it just needs to have its fire rate lowered.

Pros
the maps look nice, not really a fan of any of them besides Jabbas Palace.
the extraction game mode is nice and would be much better if it had a larger player count+ no heroes
the three new star cards are good additions which add variety to the loadouts.

Relby V10 - Definitely my favorite blaster in this update. seems like a higher rate of fire e-11 with slightly more damage and more spread. great balance between spamming and pacing shots

DLT 19X - Terrible blaster imo. easily would be on the lowest of a tier list. very situtational and very unforgiving. can be useful if paired with focus fire and a few nice secondary star cards like scattergun or scout pistol. Biggest gripe with it is players on larger game modes finally have a long range blaster to spam from long range with along with the cycler and pulse cannon.

DL18 - might be the new op pistol. has a decent range which extends over the dh17s range and keeps decent accuracy even when spamming the trigger. when paired with explosive shot (fuck explosive shot) it has accounted for 75% of my deaths today and is blatantly op but at least it takes a bit more skill than the dh17

DT12 - seems like its very similar to the dl 44. i cant say much about it. just a powerful single fire blaster which seems to have better range than the dl 44. they seem extremely similar imo.

Woorloog

Banned
The new sniper is very fun.
It is effectively a bolt-action rifle.
Cooling Cell is very useful for it.
The fast bolt means it is easy to make long-range headshots with it.
Nigh worthless in close combat but at least i finally have some real reason to carry a Scout Pistol. Now, if the Scout Pistol had even shorter cooldown...

lawnchair

Banned
Cons:
the inclusion of heroes vs villains in the playlist (im not a fan of fighting against or as heroes)

these sum it up for me at the moment

i hope they're able to see how many people drop when heroes/villains comes up in the rotation

Cons:
the inclusion of heroes in the extraction game mode
the dl18 already feels unbalanced, maybe it just needs to have its fire rate lowered.

Pros
the maps look nice, not really a fan of any of them besides Jabbas Palace.
the extraction game mode is nice and would be much better if it had a larger player count+ no heroes
the three new star cards are good additions which add variety to the loadouts.

Fully agree with this points.
The Heroes IMO dont fit into Extraction, they just make that mode unenjoyable.
Getting constantly respawn killed by Luke or Vader isnt fun.

In general im against Heroes in the standard MP modes. They just promote people to boost their K/D but dont really change the outcome of a match/mode.

So I actually tried the DLC playlist. I really like Extraction, but that's about it. Everyone is just running around with shotgun or pistols spamming nades. Once I'm finished with the assignments, I'm probably not going to touch it again and go back to just playing WA for the most part.

Toa TAK

Banned
So I actually tried the DLC playlist. I really like Extraction, but that's about it. Everyone is just running around with shotgun or pistols spamming nades. Once I'm finished with the assignments, I'm probably not going to touch it again and go back to just playing WA for the most part.

It would be great if they could merge the new maps and put Extraction for the old.

How hard could it be to put it in for both players who won the pass and those who don't? In COD they can do it, I don't see why DICE can't?

MADGAME

Finally, the Relby! Now to take it for a spin.

Down to needing the upgraded Dioxsis and the 2 free star card weapons. Not looking forward to Scout Pistol and Cycler Rifle kills.

I downloaded the update and the outer rim dlc but it says it's not installed....
What do I do?

@EAStarWars told me to restore licenses, which I already tried and didn't work. EA customer service told me to turn it off and on (lol) which didn't work. I put in a negative review for their service too
0/10 Would buy EA product again :p

Redownloading the entire 31GB. If it still doesn't work I don't know, I just don't know. Be thankful I have a low midichlorian count everyone.

Finished all the DLC required portions of the contracts, so now I don't have play that playlist anymore. I wanted to get it over with because I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time finding games in it later (I'm on PC). Plus the playlist is disgusting. It's just DH-17 w/explosive shot or people waiting around corners with shotguns. It sucks because I really like Extraction, it reminds me of a smaller version of WA and WA is my favorite and most played mode.

MADGAME

I doubt anyone will suck more than I with the Relby V-10. It fires so fast, but I don't have the speed and accuracy to both rapid fire and aim/stay on target with it. Others sure do though, I die to it quick.

I like the way Greedo pounds the ground like a pouty crybaby when he dies.

HvV should be first to 3 in the playlist, not first to 5. When the matches go 7, 8, and 9 rounds it gets too long.

Edit: Almost forgot, didn't see a single combat roll all day!

Finished all the DLC required portions of the contracts, so now I don't have play that playlist anymore. I wanted to get it over with because I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time finding games in it later (I'm on PC). Plus the playlist is disgusting. It's just DH-17 w/explosive shot or people waiting around corners with shotguns. It sucks because I really like Extraction, it reminds me of a smaller version of WA and WA is my favorite and most played mode.
Nice!

It's the same for me on PS4, everyone is using the same few weapons and cards to grind the unlocks. What was Dice thinking?

PrankT

I don't have any confirmation, but people in the official forums are claiming the devs said not being able to use jetpack with personal shield is a bug that will get fixed.

Edit: Almost forgot, didn't see a single combat roll all day!

Yeah I have yet to see anyone do a roll. It's kind of awkward to do on PC. Because you strafe with A and D then you have to hit left ALT. Plus when I strafe I just kind of spam A and D, so I don't see the point of rolling much. I think it would be much more useful if you could roll forward and backwards too.

Tubie

I almost got all 3 Targeting Rifle streaks in one round lol.

I love the T21B so that was easy for me, cycler rifles might take a bit longer tho. That thing should 1 shot at medium ranges for it to be useful.

I'm dreading the shotgun related ones tho.

Jumped back in for the first time in months and was able to get the Platinum!

First up was Playing the Objective, which I heard had finally been fixed. Took me four or five rounds to get it, since it's obviously highly situational. Went absolutely HAM on a round on Sulfur Fields and finished with the most kills by far.

Only other trophy I needed was I've been waiting for you..., or 10 kills on players activating pods in Drop Zone. It boggles my mind how developers can implement such boneheaded trophies in multiplayer games, but that's how it goes, I guess. The optimal strategy for getting this trophy is to activate a pod, then find a random corner to sit in and wait for enemies to walk up and start activating the pod. What makes no sense about this trophy is that it encourages risky play, as waiting that long to kill an enemy player may lead to a screw up and the enemy capturing the pod. This happened to me on more than one occasion, where an environmental hitbox blocked my shot, or I slightly flubbed a Barrage and cost us a pod. A more logical trophy would read something like "Kill a total of 20 enemy players while your team is capturing a pod." This would reward good Drop Zone play, which means keeping enemies as far from your pod as possible. Instead, the trophy they made encourages camping it out, getting lucky, and somehow playing risky at the same time. SMH.

That's my rant for the night.

PrankT

I almost got all 3 Targeting Rifle streaks in one round lol.

I love the T21B so that was easy for me, cycler rifles might take a bit longer tho. That thing should 1 shot at medium ranges for it to be useful.

I'm dreading the shotgun related ones tho.
Wish we could swap, because I hate the T21B and love the shock blaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom