• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 kills in a round with the weapon, non-consecutive.

You can see the requirements in the Accomplishments section of your stats.
Oh, that's stupidly easy then. The average round of Supremacy I play would give me like 5 to 7 streaks.

Now let's hope I can actually connect to a game when I get on later.

GeeTeeCee

The Relby is so good... it might be my new perfect weapon (in ranged combat at least).

Finally done with all the contracts involving Targeting Rifle streaks. Also did the 15 kills with the cycler rifle one (and I finally got the 10 headshots trophy along with it). I'm glad to be done with them, as chasing these requirements was hampering my ability to contribute to the objectives.

Now I've just got to get good with the scout pistol...

Oh, and my xp from my last match doesn't save if I return to the main menu. Bloody hell, DICE.

Kovet

I've been using the dlt-19x today and it is pretty fun (in drop zone at least) so satisfying to get kills with it or back to back headshots. I pair it with a scout pistol scattergun and cooling power and it plays pretty well although it tends to keep you immobile and campy.

Not my vid, but there are Gamorrean Guards in the palace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRg3Vc4S48&feature=youtu.be

Cool! I had seen the dead one, but not his mates.
Now make them playable DICE, I wanna axe people in the face!

Kill streaks are 3 kills in a row without dying that boosts the traits, I believe.

Exactly. They really should do a better job with the descriptions of the assignments. The trophy descriptions were awful as well.

lawnchair

Banned
I still can't find any Outer Rim games. I can find vanilla ones fine.

are you on PS4?

i played a few hours on the outer rim playlist yesterday and had no problem.

earlier today i was getting put in empty games or 2v2's. it's back to normal now though.. people are definitely playing it. seeing alot of the outer rim weapons/items in vanilla. i'm assuming it's just matchmaking fuckups/glitch.

are you on PS4?

i played a few hours on the outer rim playlist yesterday and had no problem.

earlier today i was getting put in empty games or 2v2's. it's back to normal now though.. people are definitely playing it. seeing alot of the outer rim weapons/items in vanilla. i'm assuming it's just matchmaking fuckups/glitch.
Yeah PS4. I think it's a glitch too because I finally got in an Extraction game! I didn't like the mode but I played it enough to get the Adrenaline Stim card. Back to Supremacy to unlock the rest before I try more Outer Rim.

Woorloog

Banned
If EA/DICE offered the DLC weapons, star cards and heroes for 5€, i'd probably buy them. Not interested in the maps and modes, and i'm not gonna pay 15€ for the whole lot when i'm not going to be using but some of it.

But of course, there won't be such offer... publishers must hate money.

Klocker

It's just a visual bug, you still get the credits at the end of the game.

ok I'll double check but it seemed my credits were not increasing in the purchase menu.... i'll try to confirm again

Also, WTH I thought Cargo was available on all new maps.. so far I only see one cargo map? Sucks I bought the season pass just for new cargo maps

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If EA/DICE offered the DLC weapons, star cards and heroes for 5€, i'd probably buy them. Not interested in the maps and modes, and i'm not gonna pay 15€ for the whole lot when i'm not going to be using but some of it.

Maybe they will add them to the passes they have now, or possibly and Outer Rim unlock pack, lol.

Ozorov

They know one day you will get drunk and buy that shit

From Wiki:

A hotfix is a change made to the game deemed critical enough that it cannot be held off until a regular content patch. Hotfixes require only a server-side change with no download and can be implemented with no downtime, or a short restart of the realms

5taquitos

I think I'm in love with the DL-18. The spammability plus decent range makes it a great short/mid gun. I need to try it with cooling flush next, I bet you can shoot it forever.

Ozorov

On all Maps the last extraction point is just awful

Well that's too bad since a very fun mode imo

Edit: Killed Leia with Dioxis grenade :D. Today's goal is to finish the two remaining hutt contracts and get 10 wins in extraction-trophy. Then I only have the "Daily Challenge"-trophy left in Outer Rim.

Ozorov

Have someone else noticed three "^"-white things on their starcard now and then? It looks like it boosting them or something.

Is this some trait-stuff?

Is there something new?

Which contract are you reffering to?

The weapon and Dioxis ones. The Heavy Blasters are all terrible and the smoke and flash grenades are useless.

My KDR already dropped by 0.03 points. I know, I shouldn't care about it. But it is nice to have a competitive FPS that I am actually really good at. Battlefield I'm okay, COD I suck, Battlefront I dominate when I can play how I want.

The weapon and Dioxis ones. The Heavy Blasters are all terrible and the smoke and flash grenades are useless.

My KDR already dropped by 0.03 points. I know, I shouldn't care about it. But it is nice to have a competitive FPS that I am actually really good at. Battlefield I'm okay, COD I suck, Battlefront I dominate when I can play how I want.

Yeah my KD also dropped doing the contracts. I went from a 1.56 to a 1.53, but honestly in this game I don't really care that much. There are just so many factors in this game. Someone could just camp tokens all day and have a great KD, while someone that actively plays the objective would have a lower one.

Ozorov

Well people complained that there weren't anything to do after you reached level 50 and therefor we got Hutt contracts I assume. Personally I really enjoy them and them make me play the game differently and think different about maps and my playstyle.

I just hope they will make them more difficult next time since they're too easy now. If you're okey-isch at the game it shouldn't take more then 5-8 hours to unlock them all.

We know that atleast two more hutt contracts are coming (Medic bomb and berserker trait) and after that we don't know how long we'll have to wait until the next ones. Perhaps the Bespin-DLC? So I think the time it takes to unlock them isn't a issue, even for some it will take longer then others ofc.

And yes my KDR also dropped a bit since I sucked at the beginning with the CA-87 :), but like you said, you shouldn't care about it ;)

So, they nerfed explosive shot (been a while since I played).

What are the better star cards nowadays? I would imagine personal shield, scanning pulse are still up there. Focus shot, the cooling flush one?

So, they nerfed explosive shot (been a while since I played).

What are the better star cards nowadays? I would imagine personal shield, scanning pulse are still up there. Focus shot, the cooling flush one?

Explosive Shot is still really good. Most people will still run that. Personal Shield is ok now, you can't jump pack with it or use nades. Plus there are a lot more weapons that go through it, so it’s not as strong. Scan is still really popular.
Personally, I like to use Adrenaline Stim or Ion Shot. If I’m feeling cheesy I’ll use Explosive Shot!

Tubie

I like Hutt Contracts. They make you try new things, but are nowhere near as ridiculous as some assignments in BF4 (GOL Magnum assignment) and/or Hardline (Syndicate assignments before nerfs).

I honestly hope they add more in the future and not just for weapons and cards, but for emotes and skins too, just as long as they don't push them too far.

Ozorov

I like Hutt Contracts. They make you try new things, but are nowhere near as ridiculous as some assignments in BF4 (GOL Magnum assignment) and/or Hardline (Syndicate assignments before nerfs).

I honestly hope they add more in the future and not just for weapons and cards, but for emotes and skins too, just as long as they don't push them too far.

What's these?

Tubie

What's these?

EAGLE'S NEST
Reach rank 10
Second Assault
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Get a Sniper Rifle Ribbon in a round1/1
In a round, kill 5 players from the Caspian or Firestorm towers5/5

Imagine being in the most vulnerable place where you can get shot from anywhere on the map (by a million things) and you have to snipe from there to get 5 kills in a round. To make it worse, every single sniper on the ground will keep an eye on the tower to kill people in it because they know this assignment is a thing.

The reward isn't just some ok weapon, it was the best or second best sniper rifle in the game, depending on how you played the recon class.

BF4 was full of bullshit like this, some were even worse and offered even worse reward.

ENFORCER SYNDICATE

PRE-REQUIREMENTS
Enforcer Assignment 2
10 Original (non-expansion) Enforcer Specific Guns And/or Gadgets Purchased
Unlock Enforcer Gold Service Star 1
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Shotgun or Battle Rifle kills200 / 200
Unlock the Enforcer's tier 4 Reputation track in different matches10 / 10
Ammo Resupply Coins15 / 15
Ballistic Shield Coins15 / 15

This one and all the other syndicate assignments were terrible because to get a tier 4 rep you needed to basically have insane score per minute and pretty much never die in that whole round and probably get over 30 kills on top of that.

The other thing that made it terrible was the ballistic shield coins, to get one you basically needed someone to empty 2 full mags on your shield. The problem was people would just stop shooting at you if they saw you shielding up and would just try to run around or throw an explosive at you.

At least in Hardline they nerfed these syndicate assignments. They made the tier 4 rep a LOT easier to get and they made getting ballistic shield coins a LOT easier too.

Ozorov

Imagine being in the most vulnerable place where you can get shot from anywhere on the map (by a million things) and you have to snipe from there to get 5 kills in a round. To make it worse, every single sniper on the ground will keep an eye on the tower to kill people in it because they know this assignment is a thing.

The reward isn't just some ok weapon, it was the best or second best sniper rifle in the game, depending on how you played the recon class.

BF4 was full of bullshit like this, some were even worse and offered even worse reward.

This one and all the other syndicate assignments were terrible because to get a tier 4 rep you needed to basically have insane score per minute and pretty much never die in that whole round and probably get over 30 kills on top of that.

The other thing that made it terrible was the ballistic shield coins, to get one you basically needed someone to empty 2 full mags on your shield. The problem was people would just stop shooting at you if they saw you shielding up and would just try to run around or throw an explosive at you.

At least in Hardline they nerfed these syndicate assignments. They made the tier 4 rep a LOT easier to get and they made getting ballistic shield coins a LOT easier too.
Cool thanks for the info :). Dice said they will take a look how fast people unlock these contracts and take that in mind for the next ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom