• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawnchair

Banned
so i'm going to "mode select" on the outer rim picture, selecting "blast", and i get one blast match .. and then am always shunted into an Extraction match. i just want to keep playing blast you jerks

Woorloog

Banned
Fuck, big modes includes Turning Point... guess i'll have to search for games old-fashioned way.

I'd be fine with either Supremacy or WA but not interested in TP.

MADGAME

Another mistake overlooked by DICE - after you complete a Hutt Contract and purchase the card/weapon, it still shows completed after every round as if you just finished it. So dumb, because it cycles through the progress of every one, even all the ones you completed.
Experiencing consistent lag with Leia - activating Trooper Bane then shooting either results in a several second delay or doesn't fire at all, particularly when villains are around.

The new screen effect from Flash Grenades is gloriously disorienting.

PrankT

How the **** did you guys get these so quick?
Completing multiple contracts at the same time is the most expeditious way. Couple rounds of gameplay with the shotgun, focus fire, smoke, and flash will get you the scatter shot and grenade. I unlocked the scatter shot early into my second round, but I use the shock blaster a lot so it was easy enough.

Heroes vs Villains needs to be removed from the Outer Rim list. Everyone quits out when this comes up lol

And yeah i dont like this maps. Too small. Too much bullshit going on.

So after playing for a few hours now; the new heroes are pretty good. I like Greedo more than Nein though, but both are good. Vader is a fucking boss now; I just went 20-0 on the first phase of WA on Endor with him. The Dioxis nades are really annoying. Seeing everyone run around with the T-21B is pretty funny, glad I finished my kills with it. Just need a few more heavy blaster kills for my V10. Overall, it’s pretty good, no issues so far. Fun to be playing again!

Ozorov

Give me exact details on what it does and what the cooldowns are please
Sure.

Once you activate it if you are damaged it heals you up to 100 within maybe 0.5 seconds. It keeps this for 7 seconds so you can activate it before a fight. Take some shots, and it heals you back up again. Upgraded card heals you for 10 seconds. 20 sec cooldown

PrankT

Heroes vs Villains needs to be removed from the Outer Rim list. Everyone quits out when this comes up lol

And yeah i dont like this maps. Too small. Too much bullshit going on.
I'll play enough to unlock everything and then go back to choosing what modes I want to play in the vanilla package. I don't want to be forced to play modes I have no interest in. The map cycle does nothing to promote the new game mode. I'm still in awe they decided to neuter drop zone as part of this update as well.

RyanW

Anybody think they can give a rating to the DLC? And if it's a good time to jump back in to Battlefront(and having to re-buy everything digitally - yay for broken disc drive - including the SP or wait 2 weeks for Outer Rim).

I haven't played since January so I'm hoping the updates from Feb and March, alongside Outer Rim, gives this game a new breath of fresh air

Ozorov

If it says "in a round, kill 15 enemies with any trageting rifle". It really is ONE round. It doesnt save like someone else said

Tubie

New DLC for Fallout 4 and Battlefront today.

What a great day.

If it says "in a round, kill 15 enemies with any trageting rifle". It really is ONE round. It doesnt save like someone else said

If shit was retroactive I would have every new unlock already -_-

Shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 matches at least.

Ozorov

New DLC for Fallout 4 and Battlefront today.

What a great day.

If shit was retroactive I would have every new unlock already -_-

Shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 matches at least.
Haha yeah. I have unlocked 5 so far. Have relby and greedos pistol left. And all the upgraded cards.

On relby i only have 40 kills with heavy blaster left to do and on greedo i have 30 kills on blast
Both dlt19x and scatter gun have a really good feeling to them when you get a kill

Are you doing the Relby? I got that one done over multiple matches, so maybe a bug?
I had one match where my Cycler kills didn't add to the total, but the Cycler kills I got in the following match did. It's all a bit buggy if you ask me.

Ozorov

Are you doing the Relby? I got that one done over multiple matches, so maybe a bug?
I had one match where my Cycler kills didn't add to the total, but the Cycler kills I got in the following match did. It's all a bit buggy if you ask me.
Yeah same thing happen to me with the flash one - stayed on 19 a whole game but it still unlocked the grenade.

If you have 2 challenges with the same challenge and you get a trageting streak, it seems like it only adds to one of them iirc. Or thats just a bug also :D

But that 15 kills in one round i had to do in one round or it would just reset match after match
But yeah seems kinda buggy, speciellt the "reward" screen which shows then same after every game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom