• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Yep, nearly every player leaves the match once HvV starts up.

They really need to remove it from rotation.

I wish you could both chose the rotation OR that if you select a mode you stay in that mode. Best of all would be if you could do your own playlist like;

Game 1: Extraction
Game 2: Extraction
Game 3: Blast
Game 4: Extraction

and so on.. And if it doesn't find a matching game within a minute or so it skips that game and jump to the next on the list.

I think I fucked up...
Battlefront came out a few days early in the US compared to the UK and in my desperation to play the game as soon as possible I bought a digital copy of the game from the US Xbox store.

I've been happily playing it this whole time with no issues untik yesterday when my girlfriend purchased the season pass... From the UK store.

Now the game constantly kicks me out a the end of every match. Like it completely restarts the game and kicks me back to the Xbox home screen :(

I haven't seen anyone else mention that they are having the same issue. Is this likely to be the result of owning a US version of the game but UK season pass?

Try to delete the XboxOne Cache and make a Hard Reset.

I bought games in the past from the US store with DLC from different regions and never had issues.

Or maybe redownload it completly.

Because buying stuff from different regions only gives you the License. Where you download the stuff is up to you and the Region your Xbox is set to. Maybe the Patch got fucked while downloading

Kovet

Another bug: relby doesnt count to my 75 kills with blaster rifle-challenge

im pretty sure the Relby V10 is actually a targeting rifle like the T21b and the DLT-19X so the kills you get with it should count towards targeting rifles and not blaster rifles but i could be wrong.

MADGAME

im pretty sure the Relby V10 is actually a targeting rifle like the T21b and the DLT-19X so the kills you get with it should count towards targeting rifles and not blaster rifles but i could be wrong.

This is correct, it is labeled as a Targeting Rifle on the weapon select screen.

Yes! I don't have to use the T-21B anymore!

MADGAME

So is anyone switching their usual main weapon for any of the DLC? I love the maps and heroes, but find the new main weapons a bit underwhelming. The Rodian Pistol is good, but better at range and IMO there are better weapons for what it does. I think I'm going to stick with my all-arounder E-11 for most situations and most likely stick with the DH-17 for close-quarters, but still playing around. I'm glad there is more options for nuanced variety and choice for players.

As far as Star Cards go, the upgraded Scattergun is invaluable to my playstyle. It's a beast and I'm rolling with it!

Yeah I saw that later :D, my bad
If you feel you are proficient with it, please share some tips!

5 seconds, give or take.

If I choose the playlist; Within seconds
If I manually choose mode; Within seconds

It was within seconds for all modes I picked last night.
Is the in-game friends list bar at the top properly loading and showing your friends avatars?

Ever since the update I've been having a lot of problems with the game. It takes forever to find a full game of Supremacy, and even then if I use the new playlist function I can't find a game at all.

When I try Outer Rim, both playlist and individual modes I get put in empty servers every single time. My friends list isn't loading avatars and when I select a friend it kicks me out saying "Connection to the PlayStation Network has been lost".

Ozorov

So is anyone switching their usual main weapon for any of the DLC? I love the maps and heroes, but find the new main weapons a bit underwhelming. The Rodian Pistol is good, but better at range and IMO there are better weapons for what it does. I think I'm going to stick with my all-arounder E-11 for most situations and most likely stick with the DH-17 for close-quarters, but still playing around. I'm glad there is more options for nuanced variety and choice for players.

As far as Star Cards go, the upgraded Scattergun is invaluable to my playstyle. It's a beast and I'm rolling with it!

Yup the scatter gun is amazing! I'm liking the Relby-one and I think I'm doing fairly good with it (as good as with E-11 etc). Dunno about any tips really. Don't shoot so fast in long range I guess? :)

I'm really starting to like the Relby. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it starts to feel very good now.
It fires as fast as you can pound the R2 button. Also like the sound of it.
The new Stim Starcard is awesome, that's going to get a spot in my loadout once I'm done with all the contracts.

Is the in-game friends list bar at the top properly loading and showing your friends avatars?
Ever since the update I've been having a lot of problems with the game. It takes forever to find a full game of Supremacy, and even then if I use the new playlist function I can't find a game at all.

When I try Outer Rim, both playlist and individual modes I get put in empty servers every single time. My friends list isn't loading avatars and when I select a friend it kicks me out saying "Connection to the PlayStation Network has been lost".

No, they're not visible for me as well.
Maybe a stupid question, but do you have the right region selected in the options menu?

I'm really starting to like the Relby. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it starts to feel very good now.
It fires as fast as you can pound the R2 button. Also like the sound of it.
The new Stim Starcard is awesome, that's going to get a spot in my loadout once I'm done with all the contracts.

No, they're not visible for me as well.
Maybe a stupid question, but do you have the right region selected in the options menu?
I've tried both Automatic and US East.

When you select a friend does it kick you out?

My NAT is Type 2, I have UPnP enabled (and it works because I use DD-WRT), I've never had problems like this until the recent patch. I tried restarting my modem and router, I even tried deleting the gamedata and reinstalling.

lawnchair

Banned
Yep, nearly every player leaves the match once HvV starts up.

They really need to remove it from rotation.

I wish you could both chose the rotation OR that if you select a mode you stay in that mode. Best of all would be if you could do your own playlist like;

Game 1: Extraction
Game 2: Extraction
Game 3: Blast
Game 4: Extraction

and so on.. And if it doesn't find a matching game within a minute or so it skips that game and jump to the next on the list.

i think the only realistic solution is to break out each mode into its own playlist. all blast, all extraction, etc. custom playlist would be cool but i think it's a bit pie in the sky.

70% of the time i play battlefront i'm on a blast playlist. really don't like the non-flexible nature of the fixed outer rim playlist, especially with potentially hour long HVV in there, it assumes that everybody wants to play in all of those modes, which is ridiculous. i played a game of HVV yesterday that had several draws, it took for FUCKING EVER. i actually kinda enjoyed it but i don't want to do it again any time soon, get that out of there.

one of you who has a twitter machine please let the dice people know my opinions thx

No, tried that, but that works fine for me.
Damn, all these bugs seem so random.
Have you tried reinstalling the DLC/patch?
Yep. It almost seems like the game thinks I am on a different version than everyone else, yet when I did get into a Supremacy match I could roll and see players use DLC weapons. If it isn't fixed when I get home I'll try deleting again and waiting for the patch to install before I download the season pass, then I'll go in game and download Outer Rim through there.

Yeah, but I found extraction to be the best.

Just chucking it as people activate/disable the objective.

Picked up 3 in one match, I find Jabba's palace to be the best in that regard.

Yeah, I'll give that a go. Or maybe use it on unsuspecting, non-DLC owners in the base game :)

In other news:

The EA/Star Wars Twitter account shared a video of mine. The shit people post in reply... The hate is real.

https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/712680525270528000

MADGAME

Finally, all weapons unlocked and all Star Cards at level 2 except Dioxis Grenade. Glad that's over, I really don't appreciate Dice's philosophy of "Want to try the new weapons? Fuck you play how we say or you don't get to". I guess they want most games to be T-21b vs CA-47

Hey, that's really awesome they shared it.

They are really cool with sharing stuff. If you post a video on the official forums and they like it, they share on Twitter or FB.

Congrats! On a related note, never, ever read Twitter replies.

Hahaha, will keep that in mind ;-)

As penisman said, extraction is pretty good. At first I thought extraction were pretty meh but the more I play it the more I like it. And now its probably one of my favorite modes.

Extraction is fucking awesome. Especially on the Jabba maps.

Finally, all weapons unlocked and all Star Cards at level 2 except Dioxis Grenade. Glad that's over, I really don't appreciate Dice's philosophy of "Want to try the new weapons? Fuck you play how we say or you don't get to". I guess they want most games to be T-21b vs CA-47

The CA-47 actually started to grow on me, when I was grinding for kills. It's really good on the Jabba maps.

lawnchair

Banned
i'm not in any rush to unlock all the new shit. i got the relby or whatever last night. there aren't gonna be any new unlocks until summer time, i can take my time with these..

unrelated complaint, i'm trying to get into blast games in outer rim and keep getting but in 3v3's or 4v4's .. hrmph

MADGAME

The CA-47 actually started to grow on me, when I was grinding for kills. It's really good on the Jabba maps.
It is for sure. I think it's good on most small maps when combined with Focus Fire, but I'm trying my hardest not lean on top Star Cards to make my playstyle work. I do pretty well in matches, but I don't have nearly the amount of credits as most in here to be able to support constant top-card use.

Oh and cool that EA highlighted your vid! Now demand royalties.

Duck and cover mechanics in a Lego game, cool!

Gah!

I want to get some Battlefront in and I am still trying to resist the allure of the season pass. Have there ever been sales on Dice Season passes? I want to get in right now, but if the pass drops by a fair bit in like 1 or 2 months..

If only the pass wasn't 10 euros more than I paid for the game.

Gah!

I want to get some Battlefront in and I am still trying to resist the allure of the season pass. Have there ever been sales on Dice Season passes? I want to get in right now, but if the pass drops by a fair bit in like 1 or 2 months..

Well, then you need to ask yourself, will the game, when all is said and done, be worth €90?

Gah!

If you are on Xbox, just switch the region and buy the pass somewhere else ;) Got that Season pass for 35€

B-Dex

Apparently my 200 hours of playing this game still means I'm garbage. Been 2 hours still can't get my last targeting rifle streak so I can never use T-21B again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom