• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to love seeing both walkers, and near full health ones at that, get towcabled at the last segment of Tatooine. Even after 5 months, people are still dumb as shit and can't PTFO at the last moment.

Meh, I give up. I have no idea what happened to this game. Nothing but straight up fucking BS where it wasn't like this back when I last played it. Somebody shoots you with the E-11? The first hit takes 20, the second gibs you instantly all the time. Meanwhile I am trying to use that new weapon (Relby I believe) and every freaking shot does its utmost best to completely RNG the fuck out of me and somehow miss the target. Got more frustrated in one day of playing than I did in 2 months. It's nothing but people taking pot shots at each other and making sure they have the E-11, personal shield and jumppack so they can easily pansy out when they need to.

Ozorov

Got to love seeing both walkers, and near full health ones at that, get towcabled at the last segment of Tatooine. Even after 5 months, people are still dumb as shit and can't PTFO at the last moment.

Haven't seen that since the first month after release. Guess I'm lucky :)

Can't say I have much love for the game balance at the moment. Can't seem to kill shit (everything gets away at 10hp, personal shield or whatnot) and I get gibbed by just about everything that touches me.

Doesn't help that I am consistently on the team that's getting absolutely dumped on. My 3.6 KD has been plummeting lol.

Thats how i feel since the latest patch too. Really had to quit yesterday because i got killed only from bullshit. Someone camping with a Hero there, Grenade Spam here, Sniper crap there...

Not sure, it wasnt fun.

5taquitos

I'm hoping things settle down a bit once everyone has their contracts finished. Been playing Supremacy mostly though and it seems as good as ever.

Ozorov

My relby didn't unlock. Great QA on this Dice.

tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

WA is getting pretty lol. If people thought Pulse Cannons were bad before. Now you just have people that DLT-19x and Pulse Cannon all game. I really don't see how people enjoy this type of gameplay.

eFKac

Hero choice in Hero vs Villiain is a terrible change.

It slowed down the game considerably, since the break between rounds is way longer now in my experience, as one or more guys takes fucking 30 seconds. (hopefully as time goes on, people will know the system and all players will be faster to pick) And if you're not fast enough you'll likely end up with the same Hero 3 times during the match. Previous system wasn't perfect but at least it had some variety.

What's everyone's experience on this? You think it's early woes and will get better at least with the choice time?

5taquitos

Hero choice in Hero vs Villiain is a terrible change.

It slowed down the game considerably, since the break between rounds is way longer now in my experience, as one or more guys takes fucking 30 seconds. (hopefully as time goes on, people will know the system and all players will be faster to pick) And if you're not fast enough you'll likely end up with the same Hero 3 times during the match. Previous system wasn't perfect but at least it had some variety.

What's everyone's experience on this? You think it's early woes and will get better at least with the choice time?

HvV pace needs to be seriously looked at, it's so fucking slow now. I think it should probably just be random as to which hero you get, you never get to pick the one you want anyway.

MADGAME

I'm experiencing a weird bug; my Trait Card is randomly deselected so I have none equipped. I noticed this a handful of times today. Now I'm in the habit of checking between rounds and re-equipping.

Not thrilled about it.

Why am I not earning credits anymore? Just played 3 rounds of Drop Zone and should have had around 3k credit but at the end of each round 0......what the fuck?

PrankT

Why am I not earning credits anymore? Just played 3 rounds of Drop Zone and should have had around 3k credit but at the end of each round 0......what the fuck?
I'm playing against you right now Gonzo. The update ruined drop zone. Can't even get full matches with 6v6.

JimiNutz

Banned
Hmmmm
So far I'm not particularly impressed with some of the new weapons that I've tried.

Thought the DL-18 would be great but I seem to do poorly with it as it does little damage and you need to fire it at a really fast rate to kill quickly enough. Really mixed feelings on the gun because sometimes it seems to be able to wipe out groups of 2 or 3 people and then other times I do really badly with it.

The DT-12 fires way too slowly and doesn't seem to pack enough of a punch - although I've only just started using this so maybe I need to get used to it.

How is the Relby-V10?

Ozorov

Hmmmm
So far I'm not particularly impressed with some of the new weapons that I've tried.

Thought the DL-18 would be great but I seem to do poorly with it as it does little damage and you need to fire it at a really fast rate to kill quickly enough. Really mixed feelings on the gun because sometimes it seems to be able to wipe out groups of 2 or 3 people and then other times I do really badly with it.

The DT-12 fires way too slowly and doesn't seem to pack enough of a punch - although I've only just started using this so maybe I need to get used to it.

How is the Relby-V10?
I like Relby best of them. But Scatter gun man oh oh oh.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The hotfix man! It's the same for all of us

I have yet to play the new content. Patched it Tuesday, but got so busy with my clients, etc..

At least I did not miss the revert, lol. Hoping to jump into it tonight.

What should I do first? Or the best path to jump in? Hutt contracts?

I have yet to play the new content. Patched it Tuesday, but got so busy with my clients, etc..

Might as well get the Hutt contracts over with.

Just an FYI for anybody struggling getting Cycler rifle kills. I started using it as a close range 1-hitter last night to finish this challenge off and it was much easier than actually trying to snipe. I basically used it like the scout pistol and ambush people at close range, hip firing.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hmmmm

How is the Relby-V10?
I like the DL-18, the rapid fire and practically zero over heating means you can spam it like crazy, and it does enough damage to take people down pretty quickly. The new sniper rifle seems to be pretty crappy though, think you are much better off with the T21B that you just got sick of using to get the contract in the first place. Maybe with the cooling cell it might be worth using.
I don't have outer rim, so can't say much for the other weapons.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Might as well get the Hutt contracts over with.

Just an FYI for anybody struggling getting Cycler rifle kills. I started using it as a close range 1-hitter last night to finish this challenge off and it was much easier than actually trying to snipe. I basically used it like the scout pistol and ambush people at close range, hip firing.

Gotcha, thanks for the tip as well.

Ozorov

I think you should try out Extraction, it's a fun mode!

Man, need to only get 14 more explosive kills to finish the contracts.

I have to say, at the very least it got me to try out stuff I would never had before.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I always forget that track pad is even part of the controller. It took me ages to happen upon being able to use it to change your weapon/star card.

I know what you mean, lol.

I was messing with the trackpad before with activating cards the other day, and it worked out really well in some instances I did not want to remove myself from the trigger button.

Kovet

I can say that the dlt19x is the hardest blaster to use in the game. I pride myself in being able to use every blaster but this thing is just plain out way too inconsistent. What's the point of having a single fire sniper Esque weapon if it has too much spread that it becomes unreliable. Dice need to lower the spread on the weapon when someone's standing still. As satisfying as it is to get a few consecutive headshots it's extremely poor of q weapon even when paired with cooling cell. I'll try focus fire later but as of now it's too helpless of a weapon and any player who uses it can't contribute to the team consistently. Anyone else have thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom