• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
HlUuuZP.gif

Sometimes I have my moments of glory. For the most part however.. ugh. It's just not the same, it feels like I am fighting the random ass spread on every gun while I am getting gibbed by just about everyone. Matchmaking seems even worse than before, with it being complete stomps either way.

Also, I would almost trade back the terror that was the homing rocket spam for this Jawa shotgun, personal shield, jumppack BS that I have been seeing loads of.

jesu

Got to play the DLC tonight.
I really like extraction, well I'm half decent at extraction!
Before it was just Blast I was any good at but I'm doing good with extraction, makes a change from the other modes with objectives.
Shame it's tied to the DLC.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Is anyone seeing more upright corpses? Maybe just luck of the draw but I have seen a lot more since the patch, and it's annoying when you waste your cycler rifle on a guy who is already dead.

HlUuuZP.gif

Sometimes I have my moments of glory. For the most part however.. ugh. It's just not the same, it feels like I am fighting the random ass spread on every gun while I am getting gibbed by just about everyone. Matchmaking seems even worse than before, with it being complete stomps either way.

Also, I would almost trade back the terror that was the homing rocket spam for this Jawa shotgun, personal shield, jumppack BS that I have been seeing loads of.

Im getting into the same boat. The game now is full of snipers, grenade spamming, Hero K/D whores, Personal Shields etc.

And the Servers/Netcode whatever it is, is just bad.

Im getting constantly instant killed by EE3s and E11s. But i need way more shots to kill someone.

I still like the game, but im not sure what happened. It just isnt fun anymore getting killed by all this one hit bullshit

Im getting into the same boat. The game now is full of snipers, grenade spamming, Hero K/D whores, Personal Shields etc.

Im getting constantly instead killed by EE3s and E11s. But i need way more shots to kill someone.

I still like the game, but im not sure what happened. It just isnt fun anymore getting killed by all this one hit bullshit

Yup. I used to have a 3.6 KD while being able to play the objective. Now I can barely stay positive. Most of the time, and especially when on a shitty team, I die instantly at spawn due to AT-ST, AT-AT, Pulse Cannon, E-11 from across the map, cycler etc.

Hell, I got one hero token in two days of playing. And I spawn as Han Solo in the middle of tier two uplinks on Sullust. I lose 80 health on the spot due to two AT-AT's focusing me (+ orbital) and having five fucking shadowtroopers already standing ready on the ridges. Oh fuck off..

jb52NGN.gif

Ozorov

Im getting constantly instant killed by EE3s and E11s. But i need way more shots to kill someone.

Yup. I used to have a 3.6 KD while being able to play the objective. Now I can barely stay positive. Most of the time, and especially when on a shitty team, I die instantly at spawn due to AT-ST, AT-AT, Pulse Cannon, E-11 from across the map, cycler etc.

Hell, I got one hero token in two days of playing. And I spawn as Han Solo in the middle of tier two uplinks on Sullust. I lose 80 health on the spot due to two AT-AT's focusing me (+ orbital) and having five fucking shadowtroopers already standing ready on the ridges. Oh fuck off..

salt-09.jpg

PrankT

^ Agreed. Play more and you'll get better again. Your aim was off, oh well. Nothing is as bad as the homing shot and jumpcaster spam. If you don't like shields bring the cycler or the scatter gun. Every rifle and pistol are great. Don't even start complaining about the shock blaster.

MADGAME

I experienced a post-hotfix leveling hiccup. I leveled up to 54 in-game, and received confirmation on the summary after the game. Then I played another game, and after that game on the summary screen I was only 2/3 of the way to 54. Not cool. I re-leveled the rest of the way to 54 and in another game and received confirmation. Then during the next game, I randomly received a message I leveled to 54. What the heck is going on?

No problems since, but it happened today.

Tubie

^ Agreed. Play more and you'll get better again. Your aim was off, oh well. Nothing is as bad as the homing shot and jumpcaster spam. If you don't like shields bring the cycler or the scatter gun. Every rifle and pistol are great. Don't even start complaining about the shock blaster.

Yea I'm with you on this.

I haven't played since December and the game feels the same, or maybe even better since there's no homing shot spam anymore.

My KDR has stayed the same 2.6 it was before and that's with some silly deaths due to me going for all the Hutt Contracts.

MADGAME

Ohhhhhh Bring it on.
The cards, not the "play how we say" philosophy
The weapons below are probably the final ones to complete the Greedo Diorama

RuBgTHF.jpg

yfN2gkq.jpg

0U4gfPA.jpg

ca5mEGO.jpg

IxPLZuS.jpg

pointless pic

really?

Maybe you should join up the lobbys i play in... you wont post that again

Im playing the game almost every two days or so, i dont have to play more. Not my fault when DICE thinks all this One shot crap or free oul of jail stuff is fun.
You cant kill two or three guys that use that personal shield crap at the same time with the scattergun.
No need to defend that current situation in the game.

Not sure if you played the Outer Rim maps, but this are full of shockblasters... not even fun.

Maybe both of you should stop playing all the Small modes... maybe you will understand us then...

I was sceptical about nien nub and freedom at first but after playing with both of them I've been converted. They are both insanely fun and powerful in the regular modes and they're pretty decent in HvV. So rewarding for aggressive play rushing forward to keep chaining kills especially as greedo.

Working my way through the assignments. Got the Rebly, it's okay, I'd still take the E-11 over it any day. Doing the pistol shit now, man fuck the Scout Pistol.

PrankT

Not sure if you played the Outer Rim maps, but this are full of shockblasters... not even fun.

Maybe both of you should stop playing all the Small modes... maybe you will understand us then...
Yes I have played the Outer Rim maps, and I primarily play Supremacy and Walker Assault. If they aren't using the shock blaster, then they would be using all of the other awesome blasters in this game that are easier to use. Also, people have been using grenades, sniper rifle, and personal shields forever, so I don't know why it would be a new problem now unless you are talking about the impact grenades. I hate the pulse canon myself, but it was expected more people would use it with the homing missile nerf. I don't like that it's so powerful against infantry and vehicles, but such is life.

jesu

really?

Maybe you should join up the lobbys i play in... you wont post that again

Im playing the game almost every two days or so, i dont have to play more. Not my fault when DICE thinks all this One shot crap or free oul of jail stuff is fun.
You cant kill two or three guys that use that personal shield crap at the same time with the scattergun.
No need to defend that current situation in the game.

Maybe both of you should stop playing all the Small modes
... maybe you will understand us then...

I thought the Outer Rim maps were the small modes?

I've had no bother with the Outer Rim DLC, some folks are using the shield but whatever...

Holy shit, Focus Fire makes the CA-87 fire one giant slug with infinite range. I sniped people with it on Sorosuub today. Hilarious.

The CA-87 benefits greatly from all weapon-upgrade-starcards. Cooling power and Explosive shot are awesome as well in combination with the CA-87.

And for those who are complaining about the influx of people using the shock blaster:
a) it's one of the most difficult blasters to use and it's very situational. If you're getting wrecked by it in larger modes, you're doing something wrong.
b) once everyone is done with the Hutt contracts you'll see them disappear as quickly as they came.

Weapon and Starcard wise I feel the game is the most balanced yet. And aside from a few bugs and wrong choices (HVV in playlist), I think the Outer Rim update is really good.
Extraction is really, really addicting to play. The new maps are great, especially the Jabba ones. Some of the new starcards/weapons are a great addition (Relby, D-18, Stim, Shotgun, Dioxis)
Yep, I like.

Hero choice in Hero vs Villiain is a terrible change.

It slowed down the game considerably, since the break between rounds is way longer now in my experience, as one or more guys takes fucking 30 seconds. (hopefully as time goes on, people will know the system and all players will be faster to pick) And if you're not fast enough you'll likely end up with the same Hero 3 times during the match. Previous system wasn't perfect but at least it had some variety.

What's everyone's experience on this? You think it's early woes and will get better at least with the choice time?

I love it and I hate it. Hero Choice is great, because Boba is not so good in 6 v 6 HvV (I'm also great with the Emperor.)

Hate it because people can't just choose a god damn hero and start the match. It's a mode that took long to complete needing 5 wins in the first place, now it takes longer.

They really should change it to 3 wins.

Ozorov

Battlefront has to be the game that went from full price to 50-40% off the fastest for a new game and stays in that price range. In Sweden you can buy it for 43% off new from retailers for PS4 and Xbox One since early January.

Ozorov

Yeah I'm working towards the Relby now. Working towards it has given me a new appreciation for the T21B.
Can't wait to get my hands on the scatter gun. Will buy that contract next.

Yeah T-21B is awesome if you get used to it. It feels kinda wonky in the beginning but man it's good on big maps.

JimiNutz

Banned
Yeah T-21B is awesome if you get used to it. It feels kinda wonky in the beginning but man it's good on big maps.

Yeah I used it on Jakku in a turning point game and couldn't believe how effective it was!
Just unlocked the Relby! Liking it so far.

Ozorov

I experienced a post-hotfix leveling hiccup. I leveled up to 54 in-game, and received confirmation on the summary after the game. Then I played another game, and after that game on the summary screen I was only 2/3 of the way to 54. Not cool. I re-leveled the rest of the way to 54 and in another game and received confirmation. Then during the next game, I randomly received a message I leveled to 54. What the heck is going on?

No problems since, but it happened today.

Just got the same issue. And looking into the official forums we're not the only ones :).

Edit: I've now "leveled-up" to 53 three times, when I go back to the menu. Boom! Level 52. The issue seems to be that you're not getting all the XP you should but only a small amount of it.

A new shit topic popped on gaming side and a lot of trolls claiming the game has no content...

Sure i kinda agree that the population on PC is bad, what do they expect from a Console franchise?

PC players will just stay at their CS and LOL etc

So and we finally get some proper Anti Vehicle Star Card?

Ion Distruptor Rifle
http://imgur.com/a/2gf1p

Tubie

It came to me that maybe those of you having trouble after the DLC came out might be because of the personal shield nerf?

I never really used it so this patch didn't affect me at all.

Dunno, maybe not.

It's hard for me to find a reason for someone to do worse now since the game feels way more balanced than ever, specially on the 40 player modes.

Ion Distruptor Rifle

I hope they Medic bombs have a very short cooldown like medic bags in BF4.

Ozorov

A new shit topic popped on gaming side and a lot of trolls claiming the game has no content...

Sure i kinda agree that the population on PC is bad, what do they expect from a Console franchise?

Ion Distruptor Rifle
It's marked as a EMP, I wonder if it will disable the vehicles for a while? Make ships uncontrollable and crasch, make AT-ST stand still etc?

Xzan

Weapon Charts are updated at Symthic.

Looks like DLT19x has ADS movement penalties similar to the star card sniper rifles, as well as a 0.5º hip spread. I've only used the Relby a little but I'm not sure what role it fills. It lacks the power of the EE-3 or the T21B which are the closest comparable weapons. Presumably its good with Explosive Shot, especially at maximum range, though that vertical recoil is a bit much.

I might have to jump on tonight and play around with them some more. I haven't really had a chance since patch night to get a good feel for them but I don't see either replacing my beloved EE-3.

Ion Distruptor Rifle

That's why I don't bother with those threads (or gaming side in general), most people are misinformed and it just turns into a bunch of one liner posts or shitpost. The game isn't dead on PC, not even close. If the game was on Steam with the current player count it would easily be in the top 50 for games played daily. It reminds me of Halo 5, oh Halo is dead because it's not in the top five on XBL!!!

However, it doesn't matter, I enjoy the game and I'll keep playing it. The population is more than healthy enough to still find games quickly.

That's why I don't bother with those threads (or gaming side in general), most people are misinformed and it just turns into a bunch of one liner posts or shitpost. The game isn't dead on PC, not even close. If the game was on Steam with the current player count it would easily be in the top 50 for games played daily. It reminds me of Halo 5, oh Halo is dead because it's not in the top five on XBL!!!

However, it doesn't matter, I enjoy the game and I'll keep playing it. The population is more than healthy enough to still find games quickly.

Heh

Now I know of two community sides that wont actively enter gaming side topics

HaloGAF

And now BFGAF

Ozorov

Yeah there's definitely something wrong with the XP you're earning. When I go to the menu I have one score, on the companion app I have another and ingame another :D.

I can finish a game with 13K score and start the upcoming one with 15K etc etc.

MADGAME

Bacta Bomb description

lNQ6A6y.png

Just got the same issue. And looking into the official forums we're not the only ones :).

Edit: I've now "leveled-up" to 53 three times, when I go back to the menu. Boom! Level 52. The issue seems to be that you're not getting all the XP you should but only a small amount of it.

Ugh they need to scramble a patch for everything wrong, I'm guessing it will be on 4/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom