• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all my time in the trial is being eaten up by waiting for games. I only ever find games with a handful of people and they always end up leaving, I haven't found a single game to play yet.

Is this normal during certain hours?

How exactly does this work? Do I just use a VPN address and it automatically unlocks like so?

1. Make sure origin isn't launched.
2. Use whatever vpn service youd like and connect to a Korean vpn (i use softether its free)
3. (OPTIONAL)After you connect to the vpn check by going to the google home page and see if it takes you to the korean google webpage to see if it worked.
4. Luanch Origin and then launch Battlefront, when your on the main menu of the game alt+tab out and disconnect from the vpn network. Then alt+tab back in and enjoy.
5. Hopefully it worked just like the beta and you're set :)

You have to be connected to the vpn every single time you LAUNCH origin and battlefront afterwards you can just disconnect until it's released in your time zone.

I'm just not sure if there will be any servers up or people online but hey hopefully you still play single player survivor missions :0

2. Use whatever vpn service youd like and connect to a Korean vpn (i use softether its free)
3. (OPTIONAL)After you connect to the vpn check by going to the google home page and see if it takes you to the korean google webpage to see if it worked.
4. Luanch Origin and then launch Battlefront, when your on the main menu of the game alt+tab out and disconnect from the vpn network. Then alt+tab back in and enjoy.

You have to be connected to the vpn every single time you LAUNCH origin and battlefront afterwards you can just disconnect until it's released in your time zone.

I'm just not sure if there will be any servers up or people online but hey hopefully you still play single player survivor missions :0
Yup it works. It said it will unlock in 5 hours. I have to work at 11AM so I can get a bit of sleep and hopefully get an hour in on it before work..I'll regret nothing.

kriskrosbbk

Guys maybe a stupid question but what if I change my system date to a different date.
I really hate the fact that EU gets it only on Thursday.

Alienfan

So i've only put quite an hour into this game, but what exactly is supposed to keep me coming back. Aside from a few gun unlocks (which appear to be uncustomizable) and cards, the value proposition is certainly questionable.

derFeef

So i've only put quite an hour into this game, but what exactly is supposed to keep me coming back. Aside from a few gun unlocks (which appear to be uncustomizable) and cards, the value proposition is certainly questionable.

If the game itself is not fun enough and you need unlocks to come back to the game I don't think there is anything there for you.

Fawk Nin

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but is there an end date on the EA Access preview? I'm a bit late to the party and was going to get a month of EA Access to try Battlefront but I won't bother if it leaves the programme tomorrow. Thanks.

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but is there an end date on the EA Access preview? I'm a bit late to the party and was going to get a month of EA Access to try Battlefront but I won't bother if it leaves the programme tomorrow. Thanks.

Nope. The early access just runs until your time runs out whether it's before release or 6mths down the track.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
So im going to Order the PS4 version now. But still im on Fence whether i should buy this or not.

From What I read & seen

Its 10/10 for Graphics.
Game play is solid.
Walker assault is great.
Not many Customization.
Not many Weapons.
4 Maps only for best Modes.
Fun for few hours & gonna get bored quickly.

So tell me Should i pre-order or not ????

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So im going to Order the PS4 version now. But still im on Fence whether i should buy this or not.

From What I read & seen

Its 10/10 for Graphics.
Game play is solid.
Walker assault is great.
Not many Customization.
Not many Weapons.

Buy it, the customization and weapons aren't really bothering. If they added more weapons it would have just been al familiar laser weapons.

A lot of people can play the game for dozens of hours without getting bored. The complainers are always the loudest. And it will be just a fun game to pick up once in a while and play again. Also within 2 weeks, we already have 2 free maps added, so that will probably give some extra gametime.

Newlove

From What I read & seen

Its 10/10 for Graphics.
Game play is solid.
Walker assault is great.
Not many Customization.
Not many Weapons.

I have the same concerns...but decided I'm going to get it anyway. Without ever considering the season pass in the future, I do believe the game's lifespan will be short. I'm not happy about paying the required price for this but it was very fun from what I played...I'd regret not getting it. Its Star Wars man, and it was fun + looks and sounds great. Take the plunge and join the hype train up to Force Awakens (if you can make the expenditure).

Alienfan

If the game itself is not fun enough and you need unlocks to come back to the game I don't think there is anything there for you.

It's more there is a missing layer of unpredictability that you usually get from a DICE game that would add to the replay value IMO. All matches seem to play out the same, with everyone meeting at the middle of the map and proceeding to continually shoot each other from either side for the duration of the match. This is just from my VERY limited impressions of the game, as I've only been able to get into Deathmatch games (very few australian and NZ gamers have EA access I suppose). Was wondering if the other modes add much to the game?

Kingsora

don't you think setting it as the 19th tomorrow isn't also an easy exploit?

Yes that's what I am saying, it's an easy exploit and pretty sure that Sony hasn't actually forgot to make sure that their isn't an exploit like that. In the past there were dozens of game that you could pre-load, I have never ever read that changing the date helped.

tuna_love

Banned
Yes that's what I am saying, it's an easy exploit and pretty sure that Sony hasn't actually forgot to make sure that their isn't an exploit like that. In the past there were dozens of game that you could pre-load, I have never ever read that changing the date helped.

I'm only joking dude

Good old gameplay in a Star Wars wrapper.

That's it.

It's what I value the most.

A good objective focused game with maps built around it, will always beat 10 terrible maps not built around the game type (AKA BF3).

NightOnyx

I think I'm going to finally pre-order this. I've been going back and forth on whether or not I would get it because I kind of felt the content didn't justify a full price purchase, but the game looks like a ton of fun and I love Star Wars, so it's hard to pass up. Having a gift card I can put toward it helps too. However, I just think the game looks great, and besides, I already have Fallout 4 as my game to put an insane amount of hours into. Battlefield will be a nice change of pace, and not to mention it's Star Wars and I'm caught up in the hype for the new movie like crazy!

gossi

Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ttlefronts-lightness-is-a-breath-of-fresh-air

The Battlefront name really does it no favours. Pandemic's 2004 original and its quick-fire sequel, delivered just 12 months later, might be over a decade old, but memories of their chaotic, epic battles still burn brightly. Coming to EA and developer DICE's reboot straight off the back of the all-encompassing space skirmishes of Battlefront 2, it can all feel like something of a backwards step.

The reputation of DICE doesn't help either. Having built its name through Battlefield, a series renowned for a more physical and more detailed brand of chaos, there's an expectation of depth this Battlefront never comes remotely close to meeting.

This isn't a straight Battlefront sequel, as some people were hoping for, and nor is it simply Battlefield with blaster rifles hastily tossed in, as some people feared. What DICE has crafted here is closer in its heritage to a long line of showy arcade outings, games like Sega's 1999 Star Wars Trilogy Arcade that would wow you with buzzing lightsabers and roaring TIE fighters before quickly sending you on your way.

Such minimalism is deliberate, of course. Battlefront's a calculated effort to appeal to the widest possible audience, an understandable approach when you're dealing with one of the biggest properties in entertainment and one that's plain obvious in this, the year of Star Wars. That it feels out of place was always inevitable: this wide-eyed, wilfully simplistic shooter sticks out just as much as George Lucas' introduction to Luke and Leia did when it released against a backdrop of grittier, more grounded sci-fi in the late 70s. EA and DICE are shooting for the same timeless appeal, making a game for 11-year-olds, and the 11-year old in all of us.

All of which has made Star Wars Battlefront's recent outing on EA Access, where subscribers were able to sample 10 hours gratis, something of a risky gamble: in those 10 hours, many players will have had their fill of DICE's newly lightweight, oddly retrograde brand of shooting.

I have the same concerns...but decided I'm going to get it anyway. Without ever considering the season pass in the future, I do believe the game's lifespan will be short. I'm not happy about paying the required price for this but it was very fun from what I played...I'd regret not getting it. Its Star Wars man, and it was fun + looks and sounds great. Take the plunge and join the hype train up to Force Awakens (if you can make the expenditure).

This is my take on it. Plus once Star Wars the Force Awakens releases, going back to play this game afterwards is going to feel awesome, and freshen up the experience for a bit.

thatJohann

Been playing this since Saturday morning on PS4. Got it early at a mom and pop shop in nyc.

First, the graphics are amazing and after the last patch 1.02 I swear i think it looks even sharper. Runs smooth as butter at 60fps and I haven't noticed any significant dips.

Gameplay wise it's exactly what I was looking for. Totally casual and shallow. I don't have time for crazy Call of Duty style perks and load out crap. So this is refreshingly simple and mindless fun.

Content wise wish it had more maps but I really don't remember last time I had this much fun with a game. I'll stream later today. PSN superjoho

jeemer

Holy jebus I hope I can do this too. I've waited (semi) patiently since the beta and I'm frothing at the mouth to play this, but it's not out for 3 more days in the uk. The battle and or training modes would happily tide me over.

gossi

Been playing this since Saturday morning on PS4. Got it early at a mom and pop shop in nyc.

First, the graphics are amazing and after the last patch 1.02 I swear i think it looks even sharper. Runs smooth as butter at 60fps and I haven't noticed any significant dips.

Gameplay wise it's exactly what I was looking for. Totally casual and shallow. I don't have time for crazy Call of Duty style perks and load out crap. So this is refreshingly simple and mindless fun.

Content wise wish it had more maps but I really don't remember last time I had this much fun with a game. I'll stream later today. PSN superjoho

Yep, this is pretty much my experience too on Xbox One.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Buy it, the customization and weapons aren't really bothering. If they added more weapons it would have just been al familiar laser weapons.

A lot of people can play the game for dozens of hours without getting bored. The complainers are always the loudest. And it will be just a fun game to pick up once in a while and play again. Also within 2 weeks, we already have 2 free maps added, so that will probably give some extra gametime.

Oh Man. You guys Convinced me. This is what i needed. a friendly positive advice. I like DICE games. IF its fun for me , Im gonna buy the Season PASS also. Also i forgot about the 2 maps getting added. Well then... going to order it now. nothing is gonna Stop me now.

Kingsora

How did you get the PS4 version early? :eek:

Vegito

Banned
Been playing this on X1 thanks to ea access. I really like it. I just hope the other game modes get populated on launch. I cant even get into a match of fighter squadron :(

Impulsor

Been playing this on X1 thanks to ea access. I really like it. I just hope the other game modes get populated on launch. I cant even get into a match of fighter squadron :(

I've never had a problem getting a fighter squadron match going. I think it's one of the more popular modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom