• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shallow gameplay like aka every shooter where you have to kill other players?

And a simple/arcady shooter is refreshing in this day and age. For me, Halo 5 was way too one sided. No Social Lists, everything is Ranked, not a lot gametypes etc etc. CoD on the other hand offers stuff for everyone. Casual to super competive.

Yes Battlefront is maybe too easy for some of you, but i can tell you if you are a good player you can dominate. There is still some skill gap. Ive had rounds of Walker Assault where half of my team was in negative up to -20...

For some its easy, for other not so. Casuals will still get destroyed in battlefront.

Yep noticed this Bug too.

I completely agree

Still awesome haha.

hYkSQkc.gif

Looks really Cool but what's blowing up? Not the tie fighter like I thought originally

MNC

Heh, Season Pass + Main game is cheaper than Ultimate Edition. Atleast, on Mexican Origin. It's not a preorder price, right? I might buy the Season Pass later depending on if the main game is worth it.

Looks really Cool but what's blowing up? Not the tie fighter like I thought originally

Pretty sure that trooper has a Jump Pack.

Heh, Season Pass + Main game is cheaper than Ultimate Edition. Atleast, on Mexican Origin. It's not a preorder price, right? I might buy the Season Pass later depending on if the main game is worth it.

I noticed that too, but Ultimate is the Deluxe edition (which isn't worth it), not the vanilla game.

Just cancelled my preorder but was sent this code for xb1 as a preorder bonus. Not sure what it does but have at Er gaf:

GKK7H-WWPVJ-3MTWY-JKJKQ-62MGZ

Tak3n

Banned
Just cancelled my preorder but was sent this code for xb1 as a preorder bonus. Not sure what it does but have at Er gaf:

GKK7H-WWPVJ-3MTWY-JKJKQ-62MGZ

many thanks :)

it said this, so no idea what it is

you now own STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ Pre-Order Incentive.

GametimeUK

I hate to use the term, but since it is well known I'll go right ahead. Is this the Dice "b-team" that are working on this game?

I would like to hear people prediction on the expected playerbase for Battlefront. Do you think this game will be as populated as Battlefield 4 during its release? I know the Star Wars name attracts people so even if the game does not feel as deep I am assuming a lot of people will be playing. I might just purchase the digital game on my PS4 today and have it ready by tomorrow.

Pastry

Banned
I hate to use the term, but since it is well known I'll go right ahead. Is this the Dice "b-team" that are working on this game?

This was the a-team I think, b-team is probably working on the next release already and now this team will start helping with that. I think DICE LA usually does the DLC and patches?

bombshell

Is there a mode were only the heroes can go 1 on 1?

I thought that it was possible to go 1 on 1 in Hero Battles? Is that not what they mean here?

Battles is classically Rebels versus Imperials, and can be played against a team of AI enemies or against another player. When playing against another player, it can be 1 vs 1 only, or each player fighting alongside AI enemies against each other. The choice is yours, and the goal is to collect points by picking up dropped tokens from your defeated enemies. Reach 100 points and the match is yours. Hero Battles follows the same rules, but with the key difference that you’re fighting as the iconic Heroes and Villains in Star Wars Battlefront.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...-battles-online-or-split-screen-1-vs-1-action

5taquitos

This was the a-team I think, b-team is probably working on the next release already and now this team will start helping with that. I think DICE LA usually does the DLC and patches?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure DICE Sweden made the bulk of this main release, and that DICE LA is already at work on DLC. I could be wrong though.

DOWN

Banned
DICE doesn't have A/ B team structure according to them. They float the load around and cycle it. Many from the Battlefield 4 team are working on Battlefront, and many won't be. Just depends on their current timing and load and Mirror's Edge 2, other potential releases, etc.

ryseing

many thanks :)

it said this, so no idea what it is

you now own STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ Pre-Order Incentive.

You get access to Jakku a week early.

Been playing Base Command to get some early credits. Why the hell are all of the cool customization options locked at rank 40 and beyond? You can't even play as an alien on the Rebels until you get that far. WTF Dice. Should be able to play as an alien from rank 1 and as a scout trooper from rank 10 or something.

J_Viper

So I've been trashing the game all weekend, but even still I'm struggling to restrain myself from buying this tomorrow.

DAMN YOU GCU!!!

Surprisingly torn on PC vs PS4 for this one. For a Battlefield game I'd normally default to PC, but for a more 'simplistic' game like this I'm kind of on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom