• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

But I'm not rubbing my fingers all over Vader's head.

tmf.gif

Bsigg12

I have not been keeping up with th thread but has anyone been able to buy one of those ps4 STAR WARS controllers? They are selling them at independent of the ps4 bundle at Walmart only . Are they keeping them in til tomorrow maybe?

They went on sale on the 13th.

MrDaravon

I just had a friend mention something and I realized I don't know how partying works. I know this is probably a super stupid question, but you can party up with friends before joining a match right, like in a pre-game lobby type thing? Is there a limit on that? Like could we roll in 8-10 deep, or are you limited to 4 because of squad size?

Is there any way I can get around having to pay full price for this digitally on PS4, any deals around?

I don't think so, short of finding a PSN card deal which I don't think there's any of right now. You could see if someone is selling PSN credit under retail in the B/S/T thread?

I just had a friend mention something and I realized I don't know how partying works. I know this is probably a super stupid question, but you can party up with friends before joining a match right, like in a pre-game lobby type thing? Is there a limit on that? Like could we roll in 8-10 deep, or are you limited to 4 because of squad size?

Well, squad size is 2, but your in-game party can be a lot more--it shows the limit in-game, but I think it's somewhere around 10 players. Theoretically, the game will put y'all on the same side in the same game, if it's possible.

MrDaravon

Well, squad size is 2, but your in-game party can be a lot more--it shows the limit in-game, but I think it's somewhere around 10 players. Theoretically, the game will put y'all on the same side in the same game, if it's possible.

Oh I never got the play the beta with more than one friend, I guess I just assumed the squad size was 4 >_>.

But pre-game/main screen whatever we can form a group of 6 people and all join the same game together (ideally on the same team)?

Oh I never got the play the beta with more than one friend, I guess I just assumed the squad size was 4 >_>.

But pre-game/main screen whatever we can form a group of 6 people and all join the same game together (ideally on the same team)?

Yes,

Also whilst you partner will have a yellow outline, the people in your squad will have a green outline, different to the randoms on your team.

I had a chance to try this on EA access over a friend's house on the weekend and holy shit is using Darth Vader some of the most authentic feeling things I've ever played. He legit feels like a monster, got 15 kills in a row ripping through rebel scum choking, Saber throwing and striking them down. One more day baby.

MADGAME

The party system needs work. Not sure what the max is, but in the beta is was 8. The way it works is the party leader joins a game, then others in the party receive a small notification in the top-left of their screen (where party info is), stating party leader joined a game and press triangle (PS4) to join. It isn't in your face, and you can miss it if not looking for it. Also, if the game fills up before your party joins, you're out. If party leader joins a game mode that allows less than 8 and others join before you, you're out.

What we did in the beta is party leader announces they are joining so rest of party is at the ready. It really needs to be a group join and not the way it is currently implemented. At the very least, there is room for improvement.

Yeah, definitely NOT as an in-game squad that you can join on. Probably on the same team, though.

That's one of my biggest disappointments, actually. It's pretty hard to coordinate, already, because of the "sure why the fuck not?" random spawn system. With groups of 2, it's even more difficult.

Yeah, definitely NOT as an in-game squad that you can join on. Probably on the same team, though.

That's one of my biggest disappointments, actually. It's pretty hard to coordinate, already, because of the "sure why the fuck not?" random spawn system. With groups of 2, it's even more difficult.

Yep, needs to be four.

Would make objective gameplay far far better.

The party system needs work. Not sure what the max is, but in the beta is was 8. The way it works is the party leader joins a game, then others in the party receive a small notification in the top-left of their screen (where party info is), stating party leader joined a game and press triangle (PS4) to join. It isn't in your face, and you can miss it if not looking for it. Also, if the game fills up before your party joins, you're out. If party leader joins a game mode that allows less than 8 and others join before you, you're out.

What we did in the beta is party leader announces they are joining so rest of party is at the ready. It really needs to be a group join and not the way it is currently implemented. At the very least, there is room for improvement.

Yeah there needs to be some kind of prelobby where i can group together with people and then the leader will take everyone with him when he joins a game. Without this press button to confirm stuff.

I hope they change that ASAP.

They added a Squad up System later to BF4, dont know why they didnt use that.

jeemer

I got home from work to find out that I'd shut down the pc last night instead of leaving it preloading. Origin download rate is fluctuating so I dunno if it'll finish in time to try it via a VPN this evening.

XsFmUSp.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I can't just do battles with AI bots can I? Like the old Battlefront games? This is mandatory online?

Just checking.

5taquitos

I can't just do battles with AI bots can I? Like the old Battlefront games? This is mandatory online?

Just checking.

There are single-player missions, including Battles against bot armies, but I don't know if online is required to start.

Edit: you can't create custom bot matches though, they're preconfigured missions.

MrDaravon

Yes,

Also whilst you partner will have a yellow outline, the people in your squad will have a green outline, different to the randoms on your team.

Thanks for the responses, it does sound clunky.

So there's no way to have everyone group up pre-game, the leader has to join a game and then everyone else has to try to join and hope there's room? That doesn't sound right?

Thanks for the responses, it does sound clunky.

So there's no way to have everyone group up pre-game, the leader has to join a game and then everyone else has to try to join and hope there's room? That doesn't sound right?

Yep,

But in my 50 games so far.

We've (group of 6 or more) always ended up on the same side.

MrDaravon

Yep,

But in my 50 games so far.

We've (group of 6 or more) always ended up on the same side.

So you've never had a problem where the leader joins a game, but then some of the party can't get in because it's full? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the post above, it made it sound like one person joins a match then everyone else has to join on them and hope there's still room.

So you've never had a problem where the leader joins a game, but then some of the party can't get in because it's full? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the post above, it made it sound like one person joins a match then everyone else has to join on them and hope there's still room.

Not yet.

It actively finds a game where there is enough space to fit everyone in.

MrDaravon

Not yet.

It actively finds a game where there is enough space to fit everyone in.

Okay that makes sense, but then why does everyone else in the party have to push a button to opt into the match? Seems like a baffling design choice, why would you form a party and then not want to actually play with people in the party? lol

Okay that makes sense, but then why does everyone else in the party have to push a button to opt into the match? Seems like a baffling design choice, why would you form a party and then not want to actually play with people in the party? lol

Yeah, it's a bizarre decision for sure.

Theorry

I believe you can. I havent tried it because none of my friends were playing.

Bsigg12

Just got into a Walker match on Sorosuub Centroplex and all the uplink points (6 total) are showing as offline and all the Rebels keep dying from the return to combat zone because they're spawning at last section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom