• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieNick

I can't find games on the Xbox One version.

Same here. Spent my last half hour of the trial in survival mode. I'll play the game on my PS4 when I get paid Thursday. EA Access was well worth the money.

Battlefront is a fantastic game. If you're a huge Star Wars fan. Otherwise, the lack of content feels like a ripoff since they want to sell you the rest of the game piece meal. If they had included a bit more, it would be my game of the year.

What settings makes doorways look like this on PC?

GMPiEzJ.jpg

It's really annoying. I can't even see outside of it.

That's HDR. Don't think you can turn it off in settings?

DOWN

Banned
The contrast setting on your monitor?

It's not contrast. It's some kind of bloom or lighting issue. I'm not sure if it's intentional to control framerate when looking out of doorways.
It's intentional. It's part of the imitation of the film visuals. If you scope in on it it adjusts darker, much like a camera. It's just how exposure and camera are.

And I like it.

Yea, I'm sure this whole everyone in the US gets it at the same time is hell for all the network team at launch for any game really.
Yep. Day one, hour one. With the records for DICE and online focused games on launch day, people expecting things to just work are awfully optimistic. Hopefully EA/DICE can solve the major issues quickly.

adj_noun

Heh, I wonder if there's anyone out there looking at their "Settling for Empty Game" message and going, "Gee, I thought this would be more popular."

border

I'm on Xbox One and I'm getting the same "Cannot Find Any Games" error as everyone else.

I guess maybe I'll try to get 3 stars on the Speeder Bike tutorial instead of playing the main game modes. But yeesh, since every death costs you 20-30 seconds of progress it's kinda hard to beat the tutorial in under 2:30.

Bsigg12

I'm on Xbox One and I'm getting the same "Cannot Find Any Games" error as everyone else.

I guess maybe I'll try to get 3 stars on the Speeder Bike tutorial instead of playing the main game modes. But yeesh, since every death costs you 20-30 seconds of progress it's kinda hard to beat the tutorial in under 2:30.

It took me a bunch of tries because the damn ATATs and ATSTs getting in the way.

When does vader stop? I think I watched a stream and there was an install bar. But I got nothing and cant quit... Halp. How long does it take usually?

border

Yea, I'm sure this whole everyone in the US gets it at the same time is hell for all the network team at launch for any game really.

You can love Destiny or hate Destiny, but at least The Taken King was playable on launch night. Of course I guess their advantage as that the servers didn't go Live until 3-4AM EDT.

BizzyBum

I mean, could this be the best optimized game ever?

I'm running at 1440p with a 780 and everything is completely maxed except AA and no motion blur and the game is silky smooth and looks absolutely stunning.

Bsigg12

You can love Destiny or hate Destiny, but at least The Taken King was playable on launch night. Of course I guess their advantage as that the servers didn't go Live until 3-4AM EDT.

Halo 5 was pretty damn solid as well minus a few weird things for the REQ Store if I remember correctly. Given the total number of players trying to get into Halo 5 at minute 1 was probably very, very small to what we're seeing with PS4, Xbox One and PC owners right now.

I mean, could this be the best optimized game ever?

I'm running at 1440p with a 780 and everything is completely maxed except AA and no motion blur and the game is silky smooth and looks absolutely stunning.

It's a product of Frostbite finally dropping the old code for the 360 and the PS3 and getting a pretty nice look over since BF4. With EA pushing a ton of games using Frostbite, DICE is getting all the resources they need to make it the best possible engine they can. All the special techniques they used for creating the content in Battlefront specifically make it something special.

Izayoi

Banned
Is anyone having problem with particle effects with the PC version? I'm on the latest nVidia drivers, GTX 980 Ti. Especially at a distance, they seem to lack transparency. Even resetting the game to defaults (in game and in nVidia control panel) I'm not having any luck resolving the issue.

Also, having a problem with console (~) when opened while in the ESC menu. Causes a freeze about 50% of the time. Kinda frustrating because I fat finger it pretty frequently.

Edit: Getting the particle effects bug no matter what in-game quality setting I use.

It's a product of Frostbite finally dropping the old code for the 360 and the PS3 and getting a pretty nice look over since BF4. With EA pushing a ton of games using Frostbite, DICE is getting all the resources they need to make it the best possible engine they can. All the special techniques they used for creating the content in Battlefront specifically make it something special.

Mass Effect should look incredible. Too bad Dragon Age was limited by last gen consoles, although parts of it were great looking as well.

tribal24

Banned
Got my game but No thanks at Gamestop releases. Taking my business elsewhere next time, it was a huge clusterfuck even for someone who pre-ordered and paid it off.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So from what it looks like after looking around a bit, is that everyone who bought the digital deluxe on PS4 ($120 so fucking gross) is getting an error and cannot even launch the game. PSN doesn't recognize that you purchased it. That's incredible.

So from what it looks like after looking around a bit, is that everyone who bought the digital deluxe on PS4 ($120 so fucking gross) is getting an error and cannot even launch the game. PSN doesn't recognize that you purchased it. That's incredible.
Wish I cloud call them, honestly wouldn't mind getting a refund and repurchase,but of course they are closed.

Just played a match of Cargo where it was 2v5 or 6 or whatever the max is. The game doesn't fucking auto balance? That's stupid as hell.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hopefully resolved soon for those having issues:

@AskPlayStation 4m4 minutes ago
We're aware that some users are having trouble accessing Star Wars Battlefront. Thanks for your patience as we investigate.

That is a horrible kick in the teeth. Launch day issues are annoying.

Klocker

Played three to four games after launch ....had a blast... then Xbox lost connection in middle of game and cannot find, as others are seeing

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wish I cloud call them, honestly wouldn't mind getting a refund and repurchase,but of course they are closed.
PS Support person on their forums gave a super vague response and says they're investigating but who knows. Those people are like robots with automated responses.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

I went through the rigamarole with online support and they claim it's EA's servers, that they're aware of the issue and working to fix it. I don't know if I buy that. They literally told me just to play it later. Very similar to when I called about my launch system overheating when I played Warframe and their response was "Don't play Warframe."

Just unbelievable.

I went through the rigamarole with online support and they claim it's EA's servers, that they're aware of the issue and working to fix it. I don't know if I buy that. They literally told me just to play it later. Very similar to when I called about my launch system overheating when I played Warframe and their response was "Don't play Warframe."

Just unbelievable.
Just so much bullshit because people who bought standard and deluxe are playing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom