• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starviper

I went through the rigamarole with online support and they claim it's EA's servers, that they're aware of the issue and working to fix it. I don't know if I buy that. They literally told me just to play it later. Very similar to when I called about my launch system overheating when I played Warframe and their response was "Don't play Warframe."

Just unbelievable.

Well, guess i'm glad my CD Key from GMG won't be getting here until like Wednesday..

NastyBook

Got my game but No thanks at Gamestop releases. Taking my business elsewhere next time, it was a huge clusterfuck even for someone who pre-ordered and paid it off.
That sucks. Your GS must've had the seasonal newbies running the show. The local Gamestops over here have a ticket system that works for those that show up first and pay the game/console off. Those guys get bumped to the front of line at midnight, grab their shit and jet, while everybody else stands in a pretty orderly line. Midnight releases are one of the few things that go off without a hitch at the gamestops I visit.

Played a few modes, played some SP, and messed around in the menus for an hour or so. Here's some quick impressions before I hit the sack.

This game needs some work. No auto balance means you'll be walking in games with 1v5 or whatever unbalanced shit the game has for you. It's not so bad in bigger maps and modes, or the more popular ones, but I see it being a problem as people start sicking to the bigger things.

As I said before, Hero Hunt is so garbage. Heroes VS Villains is actually super fun, and invokes the feeling of the original games very well. Plus, when you get killed, you can still participate as a normal. Hero Hunt is straight trash because it's all based on who gets that last hit.

Blast is boring. They need to add some modifiers or something, because it's so bland compared to the other maps.

The singleplayer, while more fun than I thought it'd be, still needs some additional options. Like, thanks for letting me pick what hero I wanna be, now let me edit how many people I fight, pickups, etc. Would go a long way on extending the fun. At least it is pretty varied.

Han and Leia feel weak to me. Luke and Vader are ridiculous, Palpy is alright, and Boba Fett can just get in and out all day making him the prime choice for hero stuff. I could be wrong on this, though.

The partner system needs improvement too. I assume if my rando guy leaves, I don't get anyone else for that match? Silly.

Spawn points are a joke. I've spawned right by people in a few modes more than I would like, but it's less than before.

Voice chat is such a sad loss. I usually don't care for it, but there are so many times where I watch someone venture into a trap and I'm like, I could have prevented that.

The diorama mode is a joke. Just a trophy case for achievements.

On the plus side, Walker Assault feels far more balanced, Fighter Squandron has no business being that fun, Cargo feels like an old school CTF type gameplay, Droid Run is serviceable, and even though the missions need work, they are pretty fun. Oh, and the sound quality and graphics are ace. I also feel like I'm not getting dominated as much once I find a good team or I start getting my shit together and not running out in the open as much. And the customization options are just good enough for me.

I am having fun with it, moment to moment. But those above problems should get fixed.

What settings makes doorways look like this on PC?

GMPiEzJ.jpg

It's really annoying. I can't even see outside of it.

The contrast setting on your monitor?

That's HDR. Don't think you can turn it off in settings?

None of the above, this is Dice's balancing attempt for the Empire. They did this in BF4 too with the snow level where outside on the ledge leading around because one side would have too much of an advantage. Just be thankful there's not egregious amounts of lens flare too.

So from what it looks like after looking around a bit, is that everyone who bought the digital deluxe on PS4 ($120 so fucking gross) is getting an error and cannot even launch the game. PSN doesn't recognize that you purchased it. That's incredible.

Yup, can confirm this as well.

It seems like PSN hasn't registered the bundle. Just suggests that i buy the game instead of launching it.

Nowise10

The tutorial missions are so detailed and indepth, I feel like they are remains of what used to be the campaign.

And it makes me want a campaign oh so bad.

Lancelot

Yup, can confirm this as well.

It seems like PSN hasn't registered the bundle. Just suggests that i buy the game instead of launching it.

Welcome to the team. I bought the GOD Origins Collection on PS3 (of course) and it dissapeared from my download list and when I go to the store It tells me to buy the game again. I still have the online receipt and the support does nothing about it. PSN is a disaster.

Playing Fighter Squadron with Headphones is FUCKING AMAZING!

Hearing the ships and missles and shots fly around you is really something else.

JoseLopez

None of the above, this is Dice's balancing attempt for the Empire. They did this in BF4 too with the snow level where outside on the ledge leading around because one side would have too much of an advantage. Just be thankful there's not egregious amounts of lens flare too.
Have you ever went from a dark room to an area with sunlight?

a916

Just played for 2.5 hours. Wow... just wow... the visuals, the sound.

So fun, SO FUN!!!! I think I lost maybe one match? I was on top of the leaderboard in every match except maybe once or twice.

vakarian32

This is so painful waiting in the lobby for over 20+ players to join the game. Someone leaves, then joins, then leaves, it just doesn't end. I've been in this lobby for almost 10 minutes now.

Grassy

Just played a match of Cargo where it was 2v5 or 6 or whatever the max is. The game doesn't fucking auto balance? That's stupid as hell.

I also noticed after playing a few games of Blast(Team DM), that it doesn't mix up the teams after map changes. So if you're on a team that's getting rekt, you're going to keep on getting rekt...I think this might be the first game I get a refund on.

antonz

Man the Emperor is beast mode. Got a 12 kill streak just barrel rolling through and force lighting the shit out of rebels as they charged me. Shock Troopers are kind of neat but I don't like the forced perspective change.

Fighters fly a bit better in my opinion with the virtual joystick change. A lot easier to dodge missiles now

I also noticed after playing a few games of Blast(Team DM), that it doesn't mix up the teams after map changes. So if you're on a team that's getting rekt, you're going to keep on getting rekt...I think this might be the first game I get a refund on.
Yeah that sounds like a problem.

In the meantime you can just leave for a new team too though.

Just leave and search for a new lobby?

I agree that a Team Change option needs to be added asap and maybe a auto balance option too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom