• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the team. I bought the GOD Origins Collection on PS3 (of course) and it dissapeared from my download list and when I go to the store It tells me to buy the game again. I still have the online receipt and the support does nothing about it. PSN is a disaster.

wouldn't blanket the blame, all other games, bundles and season passes from PSN have worked flawlessly.

please someone report when your 120$ Ultimate Edition is playable :(

//ARCANUM

wouldn't blanket the blame, all other games, bundles and season passes from PSN have worked flawlessly.

please someone report when your 120$ Ultimate Edition is playable :(

Lol at saying "don't blanket the blame" and then making a blanket statement of "all other games, bundles and season passes from PSN" working flawlessly. LOL. I'm pretty sure there has been at least ONE case of something not working on PSN bud.

So got a couple matches in on PC just now and its fun as fuck. Played Beta on PS4 and final game on PC. Liking the final release much more than Beta

Have you ever went from a dark room to an area with sunlight?

I know what you are getting at, and that's not what I'm talking about, nor is it what is happening there.

Ok maybe it's not like Operation Locker or whatever. But I'm fairly sure it's a mixture of balancing and possibly the result of alpine type atmosphere and sun reflection on the snow.

Meowster

Palpatine and Leia have been my favorites when doing the Hero match ups. Boba isn't bad either. I'm gonna have to take time to learn how to use Luke and Vader because I pretty much suck with both of them and don't know the proper strategy on how to use them correctly.

cripterion

Can't get over how awful the aiming is. Getting a kill feels so random (most of the time it's grenade spam) and really bringing down any enjoyment I have with this game. What the fuck did they do since they beta which seemed fine?

Just played 10-15 matches or so on PC, tried out all kinds with a group of friends. Everyone had a great time, and the balance seems to be really good. Still no fix for spawn camps in walker assault :/ About the only mode that was universally hated was that gonk droid cap. I mean, it's 10 minutes of trading caps until the last 30 seconds where all it takes is someone getting that 2nd cap at just the right time. Makes the whole rest of the match feel kinda worthless in comparison. Do not regret my purchase at all, though I'm gonna wait for a heavy discount on that season pass content.

Just played 10-15 matches or so on PC, tried out all kinds with a group of friends. Everyone had a great time, and the balance seems to be really good. Still no fix for spawn camps in walker assault :/ About the only mode that was universally hated was that gonk droid cap. I mean, it's 10 minutes of trading caps until the last 30 seconds where all it takes is someone getting that 2nd cap at just the right time. Makes the whole rest of the match feel kinda worthless in comparison. Do not regret my purchase at all, though I'm gonna wait for a heavy discount on that season pass content.

What's your origin?? I really need people to play this with..

Can't get over how awful the aiming is. Getting a kill feels so random (most of the time it's grenade spam) and really bringing down any enjoyment I have with this game. What the fuck did they do since they beta which seemed fine?

Aiming is the same to me... they just added some bullet drop etc to the weapons to that it wont be possible to pick people across the map.

God, I suck so much at aiming in every FPS ever. I wish I could just stay in a turbolaser/AT-AT throughout every game, lol. So easy to just wreck.

God, I suck so much at aiming in every FPS ever. I wish I could just stay in a turbolaser/AT-AT throughout every game, lol. So easy to just wreck.

I suck at this game with a mouse, I swear. Even when I use the DL-44 I die 95% of the times I encounter someone close quarters.

I'll have to fidget around with mouse sensibility.

I'm garbage at aiming in this game as well on PC :l. It's very frustrating.

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with the companion app and my PSN id being on my correct origin account but I fucked around for a good hour and half. I guess I will have to call EA and hope they can migrate my PSN id onto my main account. I have checked everything and I don't see my PSN id anywhere on any of my old ea accounts but when I try to link it it says it's unable to link because it's on another account.

So frustrating

JimiNutz

Banned
Do so much better in third person mode.. really would rather play in first, but I suck right now compared to third.

My game massively improved in third person too. Better view and the gunplay actually reminds me of the first Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

After 10 matches on PC follow my advise, if you have an Xbox or PS controller use them on the FIGHTERS trust me no one can take me down when I'm in the sky
since I started using my Xbox One controller.

cripterion

Never ever have I been so disappointed in a game I was looking forward. Game sounds awesome and looks great but it plays like shit, are people enjoying this on pc?

Tried all supremacy maps now and it fucking blows. Huge meatgrinder spawn and die in an instant with everyone running around like a headless chicken.
Dunno if I should consider a refund considering I bought the game with VPN trick. :(

GMqsVj7.png

welp.

JimiNutz

Banned
Never ever have I been so disappointed in a game I was looking forward. Game sounds awesome and looks great but it plays like shit, are people enjoying this on pc?

Tried all supremacy maps now and it fucking blows. Huge meatgrinder spawn and die in an instant with everyone running around like a headless chicken.
Dunno if I should consider a refund considering I bought the game with VPN trick. :(

I felt the same way when I first tried Walker Assault. Was absolute chaos, people were running around aimlessly and I was getting shot at from all directions or blown up by walkers or turrets.

I almost turned it off but my love of Star Wars kept me going.

Once I slowed down and got used to the map flow it becomes a lot less aimless and chaotic. Give other players time to get used to it too it's still early days.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PS4 Bundle folks... restore your licenses, it should work now.

Jobbs

Banned
Kinda fun but it definitely after a few hours left me with an empty feeling. There's a lot of repetition with not very many maps or modes, and little sense of meaningful progression or customization.

The game is really fun, but only 4 maps for the 40 player modes? That's really weak as hell. Hopefully the free DLC contains a map that allows for the 40 player modes, but even 5 maps for them is still weak as hell.

The game is really fun, but only 4 maps for the 40 player modes? That's really weak as hell. Hopefully the free DLC contains a map that allows for the 40 player modes, but even 5 maps for them is still weak as hell.

Of course, Jakku will offer another Map for the 40 players modes.

Its called "Battle of Jakku" for a reason ;)

I assumed that it would, but never saw it confirmed anywhere, though I didn't really look. Still, five maps for that mode doesn't fix the problem.

Man i wish i had this issues like you have... 5 Maps sounds not much, but while playing it really doesnt bother me. The good thing is that the Map rotation is constant. So im not playing the same map 3-4 times in a row.

Reviewers and people still forgot that this Battlefront was done in 2 years. 2 years.

With 1 more year you probably would have got 2-3 maps more per Mode. Blame Disney/EA for having a game before the first big Star Wars Movie after 10 years since the last one.

I will buy the Season Pass, so Content and Maps isnt really a issue for me.

Man i wish i had this issues like you have... 5 Maps sounds not much, but while playing it really doesnt bother me. The good thing is that the Map rotation is constant. So im not playing the same map 3-4 times in a row.

Reviewers and people still forgot that this Battlefront was done in 2 years. 2 years.

With 1 more year you probably would have got 2-3 maps more per Mode. Blame Disney/EA for having a game before the first big Star Wars Movie after 10 years since the last one.

I will buy the Season Pass, so Content and Maps isnt really a issue for me.
Yes, but for a 60 dollar game I expect more. The core gameplay is so fun, the sound and visual design are excellent, it just bums me out that it feels lacking in content. Paying $50 to round out this issue and solve it really isn't a solution either. I'd be happy to buy DLC for a great game if it was content rich off the bat, but when it's lacking in content, and there's a $50 season pass, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Six then? Or seven? :)
I don't have an exact number in mind. Just a subjective feeling. If I were going with my gut? Since I feel the 40 player modes are the premier modes in the game, (in my opinion of course) I'd say at least 8-10.

Yes, but for a 60 dollar game I expect more. The core gameplay is so fun, the sound and visual design are excellent, it just bums me out that it feels lacking in content. Paying $50 to round out this issue and solve it really isn't a solution either. I'd be happy to buy DLC for a great game if it was content rich off the bat, but when it's lacking in content, and there's a $50 season pass, it just rubs me the wrong way.

I don't have an exact number in mind. Just a subjective feeling. If I were going with my gut? Since I feel the 40 player modes are the premier modes in the game, (in my opinion of course) I'd say at least 8, up to 10.

If i play the game for 100 hours (and i will) then my money was worth.

And more is not always better... I rather have a small selection of GOOD maps than a big selection with a lot of AWFUL Maps.

If i play the game for 100 hours (and i will) then my money was worth.

And more is not always better... I rather have a small selection of GOOD maps than a big selection with a lot of AWFUL Maps.
Sure. It's the principal of the thing, to me.

And there's no reason we can't have both. There can be both good, and more maps simultaneously. Fewer maps doesn't necessarily mean they won't be crap either. I agree with quality over quantity, but both can be achieved.

Just stopped playing, started about 30 minutes after launch. Kind of feel like I've seen everything I wanted to TBH. Walked Assault is essentially the only consistently good mode, and there's not nearly enough maps to keep it interesting.

I'm super conflicted about everything TBH. The experience at its core is incredible, but there's almost no reason to come back to it.

Mindlog

Endor looks really really really really really good :F
Saved a clip of me falling off them map, my partner spawning on me falling off the map and then me spawning on them falling off the map. It amused me greatly.

desu

What kind of reasoning is this? Why would I care as a consumer how long they took to develop the game? By your reasoning it would be fine if the game was in development for 6 months and only had one map!?

They are charging full price so I have certain expectations! It's absolutely fine that people are satisfied with 4 maps but some of the excuses are a bit funny ... also the already announced season pass doesn't really help on a game that lacks content to begin with. The chopped Mona Lisa picture never felt as true as with this game for me.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I wish there were more movement options. Whoever shoots first wins pretty much. No escaping if you are getting shot from behind either. Gotta train myself to stop adsing

Also annoyed that you can't mantle on things that your player looks like they can clearly climb up. I hated that same shit in metal gear. Guess I need to grind to the jet pack.

Game is really pretty and sounds awesome though. So far 7/10 for me.

desu

I felt the same yesterday, I kind of hope the situation improves a little once people know the maps better.

People will learn the maps. What you've encountered so far won't last long, and until then just take the time to flank and reap the benefits of inexperienced players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom