• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I do is: Connect VPN, launch origin, launch game, wait till main menu. Disconnect VPN, connect through the game again, no problems with origin kicking me out or anything.

Cheers, I was failing to connect after disconnecting the VPN, my internet is pretty bad though so it could have been that causing the problems for me being unable to reconnect. I'll try this again tonight and hopefully get online!

I wasn't a big fan of the beta, but after playing the early access trial for a few hours with a friend I really like the full game. It looks beautiful and it runs perfectly. I'm still amazed at how this game runs at 60fps with no dips, or at least no dips that I've noticed. The beta had a kind of spotty frame rate and I think that was ultimately what turned me off. I don't think I'm gonna buy it for full price when my trial is over, but if I see it for $40 or maybe when the premium edition comes out I'll probably pick it up.

Ban Puncher

A friend of mine was bummed when he learned that Halo 5 didn't have splitscreen as he and his wife would play together. I heard SW:B had splitcreen, would this scratch that itch?

Ferr986

So anyone knows what's the deal with the Jakku DLC on PSN preorder? I got the themes but didn't saw anything about the DLC.

This game is cool as hell. It's a pretty simple shooter that looks and runs great.

I feel like Battlefront is so far the equivalent of life having a Star Wars button.

I know but shouldnt I get a code for the preorder?
Digital gets it automatically.
CODE EXPIRES DECEMBER 7, 2015. VALID ONLY AT PARTICIPATING RETAILERS. FOR PHYSICAL PRODUCTS, CODE FOR CONTENT WILL BE PROVIDED AT TIME OF PRODUCT PICKUP. FOR DIGITAL PRODUCTS, CONTENT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ENTITLED UPON PRODUCT INSTALL.
When will reviews drop? I have the deluxe paid off but I'm so nervous with all the "low on content" talk.
Already out: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1141373

I'm part of the 0.1% with the "That Got Him!" trophy for taking down the AT AT with the tow cable.

That felt so damn satisfying because we took down the 2nd one right after and won the match.

Thanks. Damn, fears somewhat confirmed. I'm not thrilled that the game doesn't have legs, but I'm also a huge Star Wars fan. Fuck.
Personally I think you should read more user observations over the next week instead of reviews who seem to be judging and comparing it on a weird level when it's not trying to be Battlefield or COD.

If you know you need a dangling carrot in the form of unlock after unlock to keep playing a MP only game, then it probably isn't you (and there is a lot to unlock, weapon wise and cosmetically). If you find the gameplay and aesthetic (which it absolutely nails) fun, then you might be surprised how enjoyable it is to you.

Impulsor

Thanks. Damn, fears somewhat confirmed. I'm not thrilled that the game doesn't have legs, but I'm also a huge Star Wars fan. Fuck.

The game is plain fun, specially if you're a fan. I never even worried since the beta. If you've ever tried the beta/early access and liked it, you know what to expect.

For me it will have legs because I won't be playing it for 30 hours a week or something ridiculous.

I am still playing base Battlefield 4, still using the same 4 guns i like and never bought any of the expansions for it. It really depends what YOU think when you play it more than any review or the perceived level of content available.

As much as I have enjoyed BF4 too, I would have loved it even more if it didn't have that utterly turgid campaign. If anything people should be overjoyed that DICE didn't get the go ahead to make a star wars campaign.

People always more, but not necessarily better.

Give me 4 good maps, over 10 shitty ones, and believe me, DICE over their last 2 outputs haven't created anything near as good as some of these maps.

Impulsor

People always more, but not necessarily better.

Give me 4 good maps, over 10 shitty ones, and believe me, DICE over their last 2 outputs haven't created anything near as good as some of these maps.

The maps in the game don't only look gorgeous, all of them are pure bliss to traverse and play, with a lot of paths and choke points.

Can't believe how good this game looks. I've the new Halo and COD and the balance/variety may not be up there but for me the presentation makes the game sublime.

Jtrizzy

Got to level 9 tonight on PS4. The game doesn't even start till you have jet packs imo. I do like it, but may just return the PC version, as good as it looks at 180% resolution scaling, I just can't do keyboard and mouse.

Also remember to upgrade your star cards

Managed to do the jump pack, which reduced cooldown by 5 seconds.

Thinking of doing the Ion launcher next.

FeD.nL

How many maps are there?

Quoting another member:

Walker Assault - 4:
Forest Moon of Endor
Outpost Beta (Hoth)
Sorosub Complex (Sullust)
Jundland Wastes (Tattooine)

Supremacy - 4:
Forest Moon of Endor
Outpost Beta (Hoth)
Sorosub Centroplex (Sullust)

Cargo - 4:
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)
Imperial Hangar (Sullust)

Hero Hunt - 9:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)
Dune Sea Exchange (Tattooine)

Heros vs Villains - 9:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)

Fighter Squadron - 4:
Outpost Beta (Hoth)
Sorosub Centroplex (Sullust)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
NOTE: All four are naturally in the sky.

Blast - 9:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)

Droid Run - 6:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)

Drop Zone - 6:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)

Samaritan

Was already in "wait for the GotY edition" mode before this game was even out and then reviews just confirmed what we all suspected. That said, I had completely forgot about Origin's 24-hour, no questions asked return policy.

So here I am, at 4:45 in the morning, downloading Star Wars: Battlefront to my PC, ready to ask the game: "Impress me" upon launching it. If it doesn't, a refund will be in order.

5taquitos

I've had more fun with this game than a Wookie has pulling wings off of a Gundark. I love all of the modes, and Heroes vs Villains is actually super fun. Flying brings back Rogue Squadron vibes once you switch to Southpaw/Invert. Even the Droid Run mode feels different and fun.

Not seeing the lack of content yet, but I never cared much for dozens of similar weapons, each with 20 attachments.

Rizzi

I don't even know if there are Australian servers for this, because every match I've found has been the laggiest fucking thing ever.

Jobbs

Banned
For a game with very few maps and very little content (For me this really sank in after 3 hours -- "so... this is it.. if you like 40 player maps, you get a whole 4 of them") -- And for a game that in some areas has such attention to detail -- I find it a bit surprising that the heroes don't have map appropriate attire.

This mainly applies to Luke and Leia right now. I enjoyed playing as Leia in the Endor level, but her ESB Hoth costume -- When Leia specifically had an Endor costume in ROTJ -- Took me out of it. Similarly, Luke being in his ROTJ costume in the Hoth level makes no sense. Opposite problem as Leia, in a way (Luke wearing ROTJ costume on Hoth, Leia wearing ESB costume on Endor)

These may be small things but they really bug me. Luke should be in his flight suit on Hoth and his lightsaber should be blue. Leia should be in the fucking Endor pancho on Endor. These guys bragged for fucking years about their insane attention to detail and faithful devotion to authenticity, and they whiff on something like this..

antonz

Feels like some people are way too quick to look for negatives. Its only released in 1 region and its like 4 AM Pacific on Tuesday. Had no problems getting into games earlier. Should not be surprised people had to go to sleep or get ready for work in the only region its actually released.

For a game with very few maps and very little content (For me this really sank in after 3 hours -- "so... this is it.. if you like 40 player maps, you get a whole 4 of them") -- And for a game that in some areas has such attention to detail -- I find it a bit surprising that the heroes don't have map appropriate attire.

This mainly applies to Luke and Leia right now. I enjoyed playing as Leia in the Endor level, but her ESB Hoth costume -- When Leia specifically had an Endor costume in ROTJ -- Took me out of it. Similarly, Luke being in his ROTJ costume in the Hoth level makes no sense. Opposite problem as Leia, in a way (Luke wearing ROTJ costume on Hoth, Leia wearing ESB costume on Endor)

These may be small things but they really bug me. Luke should be in his flight suit on Hoth and his lightsaber should be blue. Leia should be in the fucking Endor pancho on Endor. These guys bragged for fucking years about their insane attention to detail and faithful devotion to authenticity, and they whiff on something like this..
Now that you mention it, that is annoying. I was doing split screen with my friend and we thought it was pretty funny that Leia was still in Hoth gear on Tatooine but when you put it like that it sounds a lot worse. A bit of a missed opportunity, although character models are generally one of the most time consuming things to do. According to Rocksteady, a full suit for Batman would take them about a month (I assume they would have one or two people working on it).

Alienous

Any close-quarters and/or tightly designed maps in this game?

The maps in the beta felt like accurate looking terrain with hardly a sense of flow.

This^^

People nowadays are spoiled by constant unlocks and rankups you get in every shooter... Just sad that something more classic and simple gets hated so much.

I've seen tons of unlocks in footage. The game has XP, so that's expected.

I think you mean that the game doesn't have a depth of unlocks, or truly meaningful ones.

How bad is the bullet drop on the new cycler rifle? I heard they nerfed the thing to the point that it's useless with the pulse cannon as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom