• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
Now that you mention it, that is annoying. I was doing split screen with my friend and we thought it was pretty funny that Leia was still in Hoth gear on Tatooine but when you put it like that it sounds a lot worse. A bit of a missed opportunity, although character models are generally one of the most time consuming things to do. According to Rocksteady, a full suit for Batman would take them about a month (I assume they would have one or two people working on it).

I simply don't buy "changing their clothes is too resource intensive" even if they did have the detail and FX of batman (they don't).

The answer is that there is no good answer. It's simply baffling. I am hesitant to ever call any game dev "lazy" because I know they aren't, but in the absence of any rational explanation, I'm just going to call it bone headed.

A Xbox One Screenshot i took :D

screenshot-originalrhui7.png

Tadie

Minutes ago I got my PS4 version of the game for just 40€ .... sometimes it´s good to have some contacts ;)

Are the servers up? Can I already play the game?

antonz

Did they nerf the Imps to the ground in WA after all the feedback from the beta? :D

They swung the nerf bat far too hard yeah. Rebels could win in Beta but it took teamwork. Now rebels have it as easy as Imperials did in Beta and the Empire has minimal chance of winning.

Did they nerf the Imps to the ground in WA after all the feedback from the beta? :D

Kind of yes.

The walkers are now slower.

The rebels can deal massive damage early on with the use of Ion cannon and Pulse rifle.

Maybe the com station mechanic should be slowered to compensate?

also Endor should have either one com station, or the walker should have a little more health than usual.

Woke up extra early this morning to test out the game. So far I'm really enjoying it. A lot of people are going to complain about the game lacking content or whatever and hey to each their own, but the one thing I noticed (hopefully it wasn't me nusf being tired) was that it really does a great job of immersing you in the game, from the visuals to the sound.

Also fighter squadron will probably be taking most of my time as I love flying shit in games.

My PS4 copy has been dispatched in the UK. I'll use the rest of my Xbox One EA Access hours tonight, then fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow.

keezy

Was about to get this game with a Star Wars Bobblehead for $30 yesterday.

Can't wait to get off work and play. Pretty interested to see what tweaks they've made since the beta.

I am going to say something here, PC player here, 970 at 1080p everything maxed out and 115% in game dsr. Framerate is always between 90~100.
This is the most beautiful game I've seen in a long time. That's all

Winning as the Rebels in the beta felt very satisfying though. If you had a somewhat competent team it was also relatively easy.
I really hope it's not too easy now for them to win, playing as the Rebels should feel as somewhat of a struggle.

Samaritan

Man, why does Vader's voice sound so awful? Was DICE really unable to hire one of the literally dozens of good James Earl Jones sound-alikes out there?

FeD.nL

Winning as the Rebels in the beta felt very satisfying though. If you had a somewhat competent team it was also relatively easy.
I really hope it's not too easy now for them to win, playing as the Rebels should feel as somewhat of a struggle.

Endor is the big clusterfuck, with a single walker and all the rebels shooting Ion Torpedo's you're going to have a bad time as an imperial.

shanafan

On the PS4 version, does the speaker on the controller emit sounds from the game? Black Ops III has done beautifully with that feature.

On the PS4 version, does the speaker on the controller emit sounds from the game? Black Ops III has done beautifully with that feature.

While doing the first tutorial of the game (didn't have time) before I left for work, I didn't notice any voices or sound coming from the controller. It is possible i did something wrong and muted the controller though.

Nemic77

This.

Walker Assault is meant to be assymetrical. The Rebels should have a hard time.

It just takes teamwork and at the end of the beta the rebels were winning much more regularly. Hope they tweak it again soon.

For a game with very few maps and very little content (For me this really sank in after 3 hours -- "so... this is it.. if you like 40 player maps, you get a whole 4 of them") -- And for a game that in some areas has such attention to detail -- I find it a bit surprising that the heroes don't have map appropriate attire.

This mainly applies to Luke and Leia right now. I enjoyed playing as Leia in the Endor level, but her ESB Hoth costume -- When Leia specifically had an Endor costume in ROTJ -- Took me out of it. Similarly, Luke being in his ROTJ costume in the Hoth level makes no sense. Opposite problem as Leia, in a way (Luke wearing ROTJ costume on Hoth, Leia wearing ESB costume on Endor)

These may be small things but they really bug me. Luke should be in his flight suit on Hoth and his lightsaber should be blue. Leia should be in the fucking Endor pancho on Endor. These guys bragged for fucking years about their insane attention to detail and faithful devotion to authenticity, and they whiff on something like this..

It's going to really bother me if Vader, Boba Fett and the Emperor are the only villain pickups on Jakku.

They really should have matched costumes to levels at least.

Fett apparently shows up on Endor. :/

3DShovel

In the beta, winning as Rebels usually meant you got an Orbital Strike and held it for the whole match. Not particularly strategic or fun, but luck.

From what I've played over the weekend, it seems more well balanced simply thanks to the extra equipment you receive. Rebels will easily win if they get enough Y-Wing locks, but that's exactly how it should be.

Jobbs

Banned
It's going to really bother me if Vader, Boba Fett and the Emperor are the only villain pickups on Jakku.

They really should have matched costumes to levels at least.

Fett apparently shows up on Endor. :/

It seems to be the same 6 heroes on every map. Any new heroes will only be added as dedicated DLC. I don't think we'll see any new heroes pop up with the free jakku map.

Boba Fett showing up on Endor doesn't really bother me, since there's a certain element of silly wacky mashupness to this whole thing, I just find it particularly distracting when they have costumes from the wrong movie in a given map. Distracting as well as a big missed opportunity to do something right in a game that doesn't have a whole lot to get right. It's a very limited game in terms of scale and scope, so they should really be nailing shit like this. Whatever.

Impulsor

I can't wait to get back home and give this another nice go.

I can't beleive how incredible this game looks on my 34" 3440x1440 Ultra wide monitor. It's a dream come true. I bought that thing mainly for this game and I'm blown away. And how well it runs too.

Maybe this has been asked before, but will I have problems with servers/matchmaking if I buy the game from NA Store on PS4? I live in Europe...

Maybe this has been asked before, but will I have problems with servers/matchmaking if I buy the game from NA Store on PS4? I live in Europe...

I got the game from the HK marketplace on the X1, and I've had no trouble with servers, nor playing on servers with friends from different countries.

NJD316

Neo Member
God bless The Game Collection, my copy was dispatched this morning. If I'm very, very lucky, it could be waiting for me when i get home tonight....

It won't.

It seems to be the same 6 heroes on every map. Any new heroes will only be added as dedicated DLC. I don't think we'll see any new heroes pop up with the free jakku map.

Boba Fett showing up on Endor doesn't really bother me, since there's a certain element of silly wacky mashupness to this whole thing, I just find it particularly distracting when they have costumes from the wrong movie in a given map. Distracting as well as a big missed opportunity to do something right in a game that doesn't have a whole lot to get right. It's a very limited game in terms of scale and scope, so they should really be nailing shit like this. Whatever.

yeah, i just hope they add costumes. Don't really care who shows up where as this isn't a retelling of the battles in the movies, just a fantasy deathmatch battle in familiar locations.

Pastry

Banned
So stoked to pick the game up on my way home from work. I have a meeting I have to be at for two hours later in the night :( but I'll probably be playing pretty late lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom