• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

cripterion

"Very bad connection to the server. The game will be unplayable"

Getting this several times. Maybe that's why I feel I'm not connecting when I shoot and aiming leading to overall gameplay feeling like shit?

My Review is up!
Here it is guys!

William Jiggles: Reviewer of Stuff He Likes on NeoGAF said:
I rode a Speeder Bike and shot Luke Skywalker with it, then turned into Boba Fett and lit Rebels and Ewoks on fire.

10 outta 10
giphy.gif

Jiggles is not my last name.

How do I access vehicles in Walker assault? I've played quite a few rounds now and I've yet to find any but I'm seeing people in ATSTs, speeder bikes, etc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VPN'd a copy from Mexico. Applied for a refund from GMG, but if I don't get it I'll just hock off the key.

Wee bit worried the absence of server browsers and buying from the Mexico store is going to fuck over my matchmaking, but it shouldn't so we'll see.

def sim

VPN'd a copy from Mexico. Applied for a refund from GMG, but if I don't get it I'll just hock off the key.

Wee bit worried the absence of server browsers and buying from the Mexico store is going to fuck over my matchmaking, but it shouldn't so we'll see.

The Mexican store sells the ROW version, so it's all good in that front.

It's listed as "Star Wars: Battlefront Standard Edition Pre-order - PCDD - ROW (Origin.com)" in my account.

Beaulieu

I don't understand how to do anything with ships.
Is it possible to go in 1st person ? camera is waaaay to far in the back, impossible to see infantery

DirtyLarry

PS4 Bundle folks... restore your licenses, it should work now.
I am at work and just counting down the hours until I get home to check it out.
I checked this thread to see if there were any known issues, and apparently there are.
So thank you for this.

Just a quick question as I have never had to do so (guess I have been lucky), how does one restore their license on the PS4?

I have the Deluxe Digital version, so I am assuming I am affected.
Since it is my 8 year wedding anniversary tonight, I only get to play for about an hour right when I get home before my wife gets home.
So any tips on how I can get into the action when I get home are truly appreciated.

TIA,
DL

Ok. This is the best looking game of this generation. AND it runs @ a flawless 60fps (or very close to that). Haven't noticed any dips on PS4 at all, even with 40 players in different maps.

Damn, it's hard to find even one flat surface anywhere. It's everything so goddamn detailed! 😱

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Mexican store sells the ROW version, so it's all good in that front.

It's listed as "Star Wars: Battlefront Standard Edition Pre-order - PCDD - ROW (Origin.com)" in my account.

Cheers man. Just listed as STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT in mine, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. But I'm sure it's all good.

I love Heros vs Villains mode. I spent most of my time with that last night.

I don't understand the reviews saying Heroes vs Villains is a throwaway mode. Hero Hunt is pure crap, but Heroes vs Villains is a great time.

I was playing with 2 friends, and the rounds where we'd get lucky and the three of us would be the heroes/villains were some of the most fun we've had in a while.

I love Heros vs Villains mode. I spent most of my time with that last night.

Definitely my favorite so far too. People have gotten wise to my tactic of joining in a battle only when another hero is around and we gang up on a singular dude. If we are down to one, I usually hang back in an area and have a wall of troopers protect me, only joining in once I've regained health.

One match was literally both sides sending in a single trooper while the heroes waited in some crevice, surrounded by the rest of the team.

My BestBuy had no clue about the free Funko Pop. Luckily they had two boxes in the back of the free ones. Unfortunately no Boba Fett, though I did get a Stormtrooper.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That Battlefront review thread is the first one I've visited and posted in a for a very very long time.

Are they always that bad?

Yes. They tend to be all the same.

Some healthy discourse, but also a lot of drive-by, confirmation bias, and always the juvenile words like, salt.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My BestBuy had no clue about the free Funko Pop. Luckily they had two boxes in the back of the free ones. Unfortunately no Boba Fett, though I did get a Stormtrooper.

I called Best Buy yesterday, because when I put my pre-order in on Sunday to in-store pick up, I did not notice the Funko Pop until after order was placed and ready to go.

So I was able to choose which one, and I chose Chewie, which they are mailing to me (it already shipped) free of charge. His eyes doe!

On a 1v1 Hero Battle with a buddy of mine, Luke vs. Vader, Luke shouted "I can still save you!" and Vader shouted back "You only need to save yourself."

This fuckin' game, man.

EatChildren

That Battlefront review thread is the first one I've visited and posted in a for a very very long time.

Are they always that bad?

The Uncharted 3 one is a GAF classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom