• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Is anyone having issues with the TTK being way too high? I'm not having issues getting kills but I would have liked more gunplay to be involved.

need headshots for low ttk, at least until you get the last pistol which seems to be a 2-hit anywhere.

So played five hours last night... still alive somehow. Enjoying it a lot, but I can definitely see the content being an issue. I mostly like playing the bigger game modes and walker assault/supremacy (and fighter squadron, just for flavor) could *really* have used double the number of maps.

Heroes vs villains was surprisingly a lot of fun, at least after I got the hang of the powers and wasn't just getting slaughtered =P. I was playing with a friend and using voice chat so that probably helped the experience.

I don't understand the reviews saying Heroes vs Villains is a throwaway mode. Hero Hunt is pure crap, but Heroes vs Villains is a great time.

I was playing with 2 friends, and the rounds where we'd get lucky and the three of us would be the heroes/villains were some of the most fun we've had in a while.

Is it similar to the heroes vs. villains in BF2 where you could only play on the Mos Eisely map?

Because I played that for an embarrassing amount of hours. Anakin was OP. You could just force choke someone and then whip your saber at their flailing hovering body.

GHG

Gold Member
After seeing a few reviews I really want this. Lack of content be damned. The question is PC or PS4?

I have a 980ti so no worries in terms of performance. However I will be playing on a controller as I'm all hooked up to the TV. Will I be at a significant disadvantage because of this or will I be ok?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Amazon.co.uk have still not shipped my PS4 version. Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Weren't people who bought the bundle supposed to get some early unlocks?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Did someone say Heros vs villains wasn't fun?

I'm having a blast with it. Cool concept and fun to play. Will only be made better when I'm communicating with people.

Mitch Dyer from IGN apparently didn't like it. Not sure why. I think it's one of the best modes in the game.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Yeah Boba Fett really is the best hero. They might need to nerf him a little bit.

So far the strongest heroes are imo:

Fett>Skywalker>Vader>Solo

Leia and The Emperor seem kinda weak but I'm probably not using them right.

Boba fett is BY FAR the best and strongest hero
Haven't got a chance to play a hero yet, but I'm really enjoying when people pick Sheev because the Shock Troopers are fun to play as and petty strong. Have yet to see someone choose Leia on the otherwise though as she has a similar mechanic.

Probably intentional since both act as mobile team spawn points and spawn teammates in as strong high health infantry.

vixlar

Yeah Boba Fett really is the best hero. They might need to nerf him a little bit.

Although Leia and Emperor have a good skill: When they are active, you can spawn on them as a special guard.

Tawpgun

Emperor is crazy weak but both him and the leia are support characters. The "honor guard" they can spawn are pretty powerful.

Leia is the support Hero for both heroes and troops. She has the shield and hero health token abilities but can also hold her own with the one shot kill ability.

Palpatine is also support but he's also a far more aggressive character as he has that Force dash and chain lightning whilst just offering one support ability with the health tokens.

Edit: Oh yeah, he can spawn hero guards. Forgot about that.

Edit 2: Oh, Leia can spawn them too? Neat.

Boke1879

Mitch Dyer from IGN apparently didn't like it. Not sure why. I think it's one of the best modes in the game.

It really is. Shit gets tense and the game lasts for quite a bit really. Good stuff.

Gonna hop off for a bit but get back on later. Anyone can add me on PS4: Boke18

Damn guys. I gotta juggle this, fallout, COD Uncharted collection and then Until Dawn and AC Syndicate when I pick those up on Black Friday

Emperor is crazy weak but both him and the leia are support characters. The "honor guard" they can spawn are pretty powerful.

Yeah, I actually had a lot of success with Leia, simply staying alive, spawning health, shielding, and avoiding the front line. It's a little harder with Palpatine since he doesn't have ranged attacks, but he has stronger attack abilities, too.

I had two kills wit Boba Feet u_u

How do you fly with him?

Left trigger. With Fett:

-Don't go to the front line: unlike Vader or Luke, you can't block/deflect any shots and your flamethrower is NOT a potent weapon (more on that later)
-Stay ranged: Fett's blast is a burst, and if all bolts hit, it's basically a guaranteed kill. You can have a lot of success just staying back and "sniping"
-Stay mobile and in the open: Fett was a little challenging for me at first, because I kept thinking LT would go to ADS, but of course, it's his jet pack. Use it as often as you can! Escape, get to better vantage points, etc. It's EXTREMELY useful and critical to surviving. DON'T get stuck in corridors, because you lose your biggest advantage
-Use your rocket: Fett's rocket is basically the same as the RPG homing rocket--fire it near an enemy and it will auto-track them. Guaranteed kill!
-Flamethrower is last resort/ambush tool, not a primary: The Flamethrower can do a lot of damage, but you have to be RIGHT on someone, and getting the flame "on" the opponent can be tricky. It CAN be really useful if you sneak up on a group of players, but be ready to escape/use your other weapons once they turn around

Wow, if you're even half decent at playing hero classes you can rack up a fair amount of points in Heroes vs Villains. I was just getting 7k - 10k per game.

Leia's shield is pretty valuable and gives the rebels team somewhere to camp together. The bodyguards on both sides are powerful too, you can tear through heroes if you can get the drop on them.

Leia is OP as hell man. With her stunlock ability, the other heroes literally can't do shit if youa re landing those shots.

After seeing a few reviews I really want this. Lack of content be damned. The question is PC or PS4?

I have a 980ti so no worries in terms of performance. However I will be playing on a controller as I'm all hooked up to the TV. Will I be at a significant disadvantage because of this or will I be ok?

I played the beta with a controller and didn't do as well as I was hoping. There is no aim assist, so while I was fine in TItanfall, I was not great in Battlefront. I did get better when I unlocked whatever the machine gun was.

I'd recommend waiting for steam controller impressions. I wish mine had come soon enough to try it with the beta.

Amazon UK still hasn't dispatched my order :( I hope it'll get here on Thursday speaking of which, that's a really strange date. Why not just put it on Friday?

Fordfx2

Pog's back...in hexagon form!

Ultimate Slammer!

img-20110528-00012.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
does anyone have any tips for using the T-21 Heavy Blaster?

I'm not great with it but had way more success staying back and using it like a mini sniper.
Especially on Walker Assault or Supremacy. It's good for taking people out across the map with a headshot or two.
Sucks that it doesn't have optics though.

At mid and close range you're likely to get shredded by something with a faster rate of fire.

lol, nice.

As y'all know, I'm holding off on buying until later, but one of the things that gives me itchy wallet is the Boba Fett gameplay. So damned satisfying--he needs another standalone game but in the Frostbite engine!

Yeah i love playing as Boba Fett :D Will always choose him when i get a Hero Pickup on the Imperial side.

Boke1879

lol, nice.

As y'all know, I'm holding off on buying until later, but one of the things that gives me itchy wallet is the Boba Fett gameplay. So damned satisfying--he needs another standalone game but in the Frostbite engine!

We need a Fett game. I really hope EA takes this liscense to task and puts out high quality games in all genres.

It would do the IP well and gaming well.

Shady859

Am I reading correctly the Battle of Jakku maps included on this Deluxe Edition DLC card? Bout to install now, it looks pretty from all these pics. I got suckered into preordering the deluxe and my freebie figure shipped before seeing what crap the extras were.

Best Buy still shows the Jakku code line on my order as preparing to ship.

bombshell

Amazon UK still hasn't dispatched my order :( I hope it'll get here on Thursday speaking of which, that's a really strange date. Why not just put it on Friday?

Did you just say that you would rather get the game a day later? :p

Thursday is already 2 days late, time runs slooooooooooooowwwwww...

bombshell

Am I reading correctly the Battle of Jakku maps included on this Deluxe Edition DLC card? Bout to install now, it looks pretty from all these pics. I got suckered into preordering the deluxe and my freebie figure shipped before seeing what crap the extras were.

Best Buy still shows the Jakku code line on my order as preparing to ship.

Jakku is released 1st December for pre-orders, following week for everyone.

Yeah i love playing as Boba Fett :D Will always choose him when i get a Hero Pickup on the Imperial side.

We need a Fett game. I really hope EA takes this liscense to task and puts out high quality games in all genres.

It would do the IP well and gaming well.

If they were smart, they'd take the Heroes vs Villains mode and flesh it out into a full game, ala Overwatch. Add a lot more heroes, locations, abilities. I'd buy it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, I actually had a lot of success with Leia, simply staying alive, spawning health, shielding, and avoiding the front line. It's a little harder with Palpatine since he doesn't have ranged attacks, but he has stronger attack abilities, too.

Left trigger. With Fett:

-Don't go to the front line: unlike Vader or Luke, you can't block/deflect any shots and your flamethrower is NOT a potent weapon (more on that later)
-Stay ranged: Fett's blast is a burst, and if all bolts hit, it's basically a guaranteed kill. You can have a lot of success just staying back and "sniping"
-Stay mobile and in the open: Fett was a little challenging for me at first, because I kept thinking LT would go to ADS, but of course, it's his jet pack. Use it as often as you can! Escape, get to better vantage points, etc. It's EXTREMELY useful and critical to surviving. DON'T get stuck in corridors, because you lose your biggest advantage
-Use your rocket: Fett's rocket is basically the same as the RPG homing rocket--fire it near an enemy and it will auto-track them. Guaranteed kill!
-Flamethrower is last resort/ambush tool, not a primary: The Flamethrower can do a lot of damage, but you have to be RIGHT on someone, and getting the flame "on" the opponent can be tricky. It CAN be really useful if you sneak up on a group of players, but be ready to escape/use your other weapons once they turn around

So basically play Fett how he was in the movies/shows?

That is pretty sweet how they nailed it. Looking forward to trying him out.

There isn't any actual Jakku gameplay footage yet is there?

No gameplay, just this teaser...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7waDN0ukFxw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom