• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordfx2

Vader is a good dad!

images

Carlius

Banned
so i caved and bought it despite saying i woudlnt cause i love me some star wars. the lack of campaign pisses me off, but i need to know if its worth it. am at work now.

Is the game ANY good gaf?

Shady859

Jakku is released 1st December for pre-orders, following week for everyone.

Thank you, I forgot about it being a full release a week later and that's what the card mentions 12/8. They were just trying to make this version look better "including" what's already free.

so i caved and bought it despite saying i woudlnt cause i love me some star wars. the lack of campaign pisses me off, but i need to know if its worth it. am at work now.

Is the game ANY good gaf?

I briefly played it this morning before work and my first impressions were good. As I said earlier, I think they did a good job immersing the player in the game with the visuals and the sound.

Yushi

I had to go back home for lunch and manage to stick in 2 rounds of TDM. 22-10 first match, 30-5 second match. Oh man me and my friends are going to massacre so many people.

A little lackluster, but such simple shooting makes it fun.

Best looking game by far...like insanely out of the park.

Yeah Boba Fett really is the best hero. They might need to nerf him a little bit.

So far the strongest heroes are imo:

Fett>Skywalker>Vader>Solo

Leia and The Emperor seem kinda weak but I'm probably not using them right.

Leia can heal, so I always thought she was very strong. Emperor, too. Luke was always weak to me. I can't play Fett properly for some reason.

GHG

Gold Member
I played the beta with a controller and didn't do as well as I was hoping. There is no aim assist, so while I was fine in TItanfall, I was not great in Battlefront. I did get better when I unlocked whatever the machine gun was.

I'd recommend waiting for steam controller impressions. I wish mine had come soon enough to try it with the beta.

Damn it. Was hoping this wouldn't be the case as the game looks so damn good on the PC.

Anyone else here playing on the PC with a controller that might be able to chime in?

MrBlonde

I said to myself I wasn't going to buy this right now because I only game an hour or two a day tops and I am loving Black Ops, I haven't even touched Halo so I don't need another shooter but this game looks fun, might buy it this evening.

Leia is absolutely worthless, I go down in about a minute with her.

Boba is unstoppable, I went the entirety of a WA match using him.

Leia is the secret best hero, especially in HvsV. You have to accept that you're squishier than some of the other heroes in a straight fight, but gain tactical advantage in other areas. Her "1 shot" ability might be the best anti-hero hero ability in the game, since it does a ton of damage, stuns heroes, and you get to shoot it multiple times vs Han's single-charged shot (which is much harder to aim).

mjp2417

Banned
Damn it. Was hoping this wouldn't be the case as the game looks so damn good on the PC.

Anyone else here playing on the PC with a controller that might be able to chime in?

I had a very similar experience with the beta. Really struggled on PC w/ controller compared to PS4. Moving from one to the other was instantly noticeable (as was the graphical difference, unfortunately).

“If you have a power up you do not want, you can hit Interact (E, X, Square) in front of a power up to change it for a new one.”

This is fantastic

I rarely exchange them unless I've found a vehicle or hero pickup.

Why exchange it instead of use it? Even if it's something like a turret, lay that shit down for a teammate to use, then pickup the other powerup.

What mode nets the most points the quickest? I want to get to 13 asap.

Jonesing for that Jump Pack, eh? :)

Heroes vs Villains or Fighter Squadron are the quickest points. Pick the mode you're better at and go to town. Fighter Squadron is good because you can get points just from killing AI, too. Heroes vs Villains is great because you're either an OP hero/villain OR you're a trooper that gets 50 points for every time you damage a hero/villain.

MrBlonde

quick question, any split screen modes I can play with my 4yr old that wouldn't be to crazy hard for him or is this pretty much a MP game? He likes Star Wars so I would love to play this with him, just not sure if possible or to hard for him.

bombshell

“If you have a power up you do not want, you can hit Interact (E, X, Square) in front of a power up to change it for a new one.”

This is fantastic

Yeah, wish I had known that in the beta, got so many useless powerups from the pods in Dropzone and then 2 other powerups just lying there next to me teasing me.

Kalentan

I currently have a 2.55 K/D.

I'm unsure if I'm really good or everyone else is just really bad. I typically get over 20+ kills every game. It feels like I'm fighting bots at times.

So when you overheat a weapon, you want to press Square to cool it down? If you don't, your weapon gets worse?

It's an active reload. You want to press Square when the meter hits the small sliver of yellow and you get a fast reload. If you miss it and press the button, it will overheat and take a long reload. If you don't press it at all, your weapon reloads at normal speed.

Yeah, PS4. I'm constantly out gunning people and getting the jump on them and nailing grenades. People also seem to have like zero situational awareness despite the very useful radar.

Yup this is how I was in the ps4 beta. On PC I cannot aim for shit. Really thinking of returning it and just going with the PS4 version.

It's an active reload. You want to press Square when the meter hits the small sliver of yellow and you get a fast reload. If you miss it and press the button, it will overheat and take a long reload. If you don't press it at all, your weapon reloads at normal speed.

Also each time you consecutively active reload/cool your weapon, the timing window gets smaller, until it's only a few pixels wide and very hard to pull off. That timing window resets after a certain amount of time not overheating or if your weapon fully overheats (ie you miss an active reload).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom