• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
vst3XWvN5Gl8s.gif

An awesome coincidence, but the TIE didn't hit him.

Whompa02

The game is 60 bucks. Anyone playing right now feel like it's thin on content or not worth dropping full price for it right now?

5taquitos

Well kinda harkens back to the old X-Wing games. Reducing your thruster power put it into shields and weapons for more damage

Yeah, I can see that, it just seems weird that it's the only thing that harkens back to the sim aspect, especially since we can't control shield strength for specific sides and firing patterns like in X-Wing/TIE Fighter.

The game is 60 bucks. Anyone playing right now feel like it's thin on content or not worth dropping full price for it right now?

I've put far more hours into this than BO3. I guess it depends on how much you like the Star Wars context. I am not a huge Star Wars fan, but I really dig playing in that universe.

Endor feels like you are actually in a woodland area, very authentic and natural looking. Other games have sparse trees, with flat ground textures, spares flora, and little elevated terrain .

Present! Jakku could change that, but I have no idea what is coming in that (beyond "4 maps" which doesn't mean much).

This is a situation where a lot of roadmap transparency would help.

philz

Having a blast but do wish there were more walker maps. What's the consensus on the proest PS4 controller setup wrt sensitivity and auto-aim?

Boke1879

For me there is enough to justify the price. I'm going to put as much time in this as I do BO3. I do think they should outline exactly whats in the upcoming season pass but there are enough games modes to quench my thirst.

I would say anyone on the fence should probably wait for a sale.

If you are at all hesitant I'd wait for a discount. I love the game but that's because I love Star Wars. I've enjoyed the gameplay so far even on the repetitive maps. I might be singing a different tune in a week or two. So far though I have no problem with it. I also got the game for $30 so there's that.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

I mean it just depends on the person. To me, I think it has plenty of content out of the gate, but I can understand why some people don't think so. Just remember in two weeks or so everyone gets Jakku for free, which add's an additional map. I think it's well worth the price of admission.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This seems odd to me, and I never would have known if I hadn't have read this.

That is how it was in X-wing vs. Tie, as well as the movies. Convert power to engines or weapons. It is a nice touch.

I am glad I read it too, because I did not think they would get that detailed.

Wait, what? They changed that after the Beta?

I think the purpose in Beta was to get everyone to test it faster.

I wasn't the biggest fan of BF4's customization but after playing this for about 5 hours, it needs a bit more of that.
At the very least let me pick what Rebel costume I use regardless of map and maybe give some markings for stormtroopers.

I wasn't the biggest fan of BF4's customization but after playing this for about 5 hours, it needs a bit more of that.
At the very least let me pick what Rebel costume I use regardless of map and maybe give some markings for stormtroopers.

I'm fine with the weapon selection and (lack of) customization as is, but agree that there should be more character customization besides heads.

ecurbj

I'm confused. So the Deluxe Edition came with a code for Jakku DLC but Best Buy also gave me a Jakku DLC code as a preorder bonus. Why? Are they the same thing? I guess the Best Buy preorder bonus was meant for the Standard Edition?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm confused. So the Deluxe Edition came with a code for Jakku DLC but Best Buy also gave me a Jakku DLC code as a preorder bonus. Why? Are they the same thing? I guess the Best Buy preorder bonus was meant for the Standard Edition?

Jakku DLC is free for everyone, no matter which version.

The code is a pre-order bonus at all retailers to allow 1 week early access to the content on December, 1st.

I'm fine with the weapon selection and (lack of) customization as is, but agree that there should be more character customization besides heads.

Yeah im not asking for anything crazy(like Mando armor or something) just a bit more variety.
Maybe even just adding the flight suits or bringing back the Vanguard as an unlockable skin like scout and Shadow Trooper
latest

Force Awakens actually has different vehicle paint jobs.

ecurbj

Jakku DLC is free for everyone, no matter which version.

The code is a pre-order bonus at all retailers to allow 1 week early access to the content on December, 1st.
So in other words I received two codes for Jakku DLC then, correct? Since I already redeemed the Deluxe Edition content which came with a Jakku DLC code.

I can't believe I am saying this because the last few EA shooters I was like we don't need the campaign.

This engine and this game is begging for a "Shadows Of The Empire" like campaign. Some shooting levels, some flying levels etc..

damn

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So in other words I received two codes for Jakku DLC then, correct? Since I already redeemed the Deluxe Edition content which came with a Jakku DLC code.

It was probably mis-worded on their part, or original promotional wording that changed. The Deluxe code is for the emotes and weapon unlocks, and the pre-order code is for the 1 week early.

I can't believe I am saying this because the last few EA shooters I was like we don't need the campaign.

This engine and this game is begging for a "Shadows Of The Empire" like campaign. Some shooting levels, some flying levels etc..

damn

Just think of how awesome Amy Hennig's Star Wars campaign is going to be with the Frostbite Engine.

Probably focused on 30fps locked, so I am just imagining the visual upgrades.

damn

Which is why we're getting one next fall (likely in time for Rogue One). Directed by the same person that headed up Uncharted 2.

Just think of how awesome Amy Hennig's Star Wars campaign is going to be with the Frostbite Engine.

Probably focused on 30fps locked, so I am just imagining the visual upgrades.

Which is why we're getting one next fall (likely in time for Rogue One). Directed by the same person that headed up Uncharted 2.

Don't worry guys. We'll be getting a single player game and I'm sure it'll be glorious. I have all the faith in Hennig

That's right!! I completely forgot! I can't wait.

b0bbyJ03

quick question, how is the party system in this? if i jump on with like 4 friends is it easy to get into a game together and work as a team?

quick question, how is the party system in this? if i jump on with like 4 friends is it easy to get into a game together and work as a team?

i believe you can only partner up with one other player.

im sure you can find games together but the battlefield style squad stuff is not in there from what ive played

mileS

The future is bright my friends! All of those games are going to be incredible I have no doubt. Amy Hennig is a genius. The engine is incredible and they have a lot of talent and money to play with.

NightOnyx

Been playing it for several hours now and I'm having a blast! I get the content complaints, but I feel like I am going to definitely get my money's worth out of this. I didn't play the beta, so I didn't know what to expect, but its a ton of fun. Normal combat is great, and becoming a hero feels extremely satisfying. I suck at vehicle combat right now, but I just need practice.

a916

You'll have to really find out how you define value yourself because that's a tricky question.

For me? Yeah, totally. 3 hours in, and over 10 on the beta, yeah I'm going to definitely going to get my moneys worth. I doubt I'll put in 100 hours, but I feel like there's enough content for me to justify the price.

It's just really incredibly fun. The gameplay is on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom