• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot down a Y-Wing with the ion torpedo before it got its shot off and we won with a sliver of health left on the 2nd walker, felt good.

Pro strats. I imagine that will happen more often once people figure out that it's a viable strategy (and we get more good pilots).

And on that topic, screw the KBAM flying controls. It's full on virtual joystick nonsense, it feels awful. It was so much better in the beta :(

el_jefe

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been mentioned or asked already but I couldn't find an answer: Is there a CoD style Ground War mode that combine a few of the different modes in this game? For instance, rotate through Walker Assault, Supremacy and Blast?

I just won Droid Run for my team with a last second capture, lol. It turned blue right at the counter hit zero, feels good.

I do wish Droid Run was defined by a point system though.

I tried connecting via VPN again, once I disconnect from the VPN to join my own connection and not have a terrible ping I can't then reconnect. Some people earlier said once you were in game to disconnect from VPN, then reconnect to the game when back on your own connection but for me that just results in an error message saying "You are not allowed to access online features"

jeemer

I tried connecting via VPN again...

As soon as you're disconnected from the vpn you lose your net connection? I got this last night. Try this: close origin, connect to vpn, open origin, open battlefront, alt+tab out, windows key + R, type cmd hit enter, type ipconfig /release, hit enter, ipconfig /renew, hit enter, ipconfig /flushdns, hit enter. Close command window and tab back into battlefront and you should hopefully be online :/

Flying seems pretty impossible so far

I had to invert the flight and switch it to southpaw. Couldn't wrap my head around their default control scheme.

Also, pro-tip: in most situations, just hold down LT the whole time you're flying. That activates your targeting/lockon, which is used for your laser shots AND missiles.

Better or worse than GTA 5?

It's simpler than GTAV's in terms of movement, for better or worse.

5taquitos

I had to invert the flight and switch it to southpaw. Couldn't wrap my head around their default control scheme.

Also, pro-tip: in most situations, just hold down LT the whole time you're flying. That activates your targeting/lockon, which is used for your laser shots AND missiles.

These two tips are essential for successful flying, IMO. The default control scheme doesn't cut it, but switching it to Southpaw/Inverted makes a huge difference (control moves to the left stick and throttle to the right, Invert makes it more like Rogue Squadron).

Locking is crucial for hitting with your lasers.

If you have a Playstation or an Xbox controller use them on the fighters on PC, trust me I'm kicking ass on the sky using my Xbone controller ;)

As soon as you're disconnected from the vpn you lose your net connection? I got this last night. Try this: close origin, connect to vpn, open origin, open battlefront, alt+tab out, windows key + R, type cmd hit enter, type ipconfig /release, hit enter, ipconfig /renew, hit enter, ipconfig /flushdns, hit enter. Close command window and tab back into battlefront and you should hopefully be online :/

At what point do you close the VPN?

I assume it's once you are in battlefront tab out and disconnect? then at that point when I try to reconnect not on VPN it tells me online is locked.

AsfaeksBR

Playing on PC. Game is gorgeous, servers are easy to find and the gameplay is extremely good. Bought it on impulse, am enjoing it a lot.

The only problem is that I can't find a server to play those 40 players Modes. Is there a problem or no one's playing them?

5taquitos

Playing on PC. Game is gorgeous, servers are easy to find and the gameplay is extremely good. Bought it on impulse, am enjoing it a lot.

The only problem is that I can't find a server to play those 40 players Modes. Is there a problem or no one's playing them?

Are you in the EU? It hasn't officially launched there yet.

jackdoe

I'm having a real blast with this game. It's very, very casual but because of that, I can relax while playing. Not something that I can do with any other competitive shooter (besides TF2).

The Cowboy

Ahh well, bought the ultimate edition whilst in Mexico for tea - I was only going for the standard edition 1st, but its Star Wars so I went the whole ultimate hog.

I can't wait till the download completes.

Different? Less nuanced?

I'm confused because the flying mechanics in GTA V were great.

I think what bothers me most is this weird kinda resistance to rolling. I don't even think the Speeder can roll.

Basically, left/right on the stick is just yaw and not roll, although I think you can get some ships to roll. Maybe? Aside from the actual button press for rolling (yes, there is a "roll" ability :-| )

But say you do a 180--you are now upside down, flying in the opposite direction. Pushing left/right on the stick doesn't immediately roll you--the game thinks "I need to yaw" but then it also knows your upside down, so it does this kind of weird "here, we'll help you by getting you aligned with the horizon" thing. You still have control...it's just wonky. Hard to explain.

Flying seems pretty impossible so far
2478874-ravaged+helicopter.gif

My buddies are thinking of getting this for a pseudo-lan party going on today, does this game have an online pass that's required? They figure they just rent the game to try it out for a day.

majik13

It's simpler than GTAV's in terms of movement, for better or worse.

I have only played the beta, but I thought lasers auto targeted, without holding LT. Was this changed, or am I remeber wrong?

robotrock

Banned
Ahh well, bought the ultimate edition whilst in Mexico for tea - I was only going for the standard edition 1st, but its Star Wars so I went the whole ultimate hog.

I can't wait till the download completes.

I ended up doing the same. I had a copy on Greenmangaming preordered for $45 but since it didn't come today I just logged onto the Mexico Origin. Was going to get the standard edition, then saw the deluxe was just $5 more, and then I saw the Ultimate edition and went with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom