• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
vst3XWvN5Gl8s.gif

This reminds me of that time when Luke was crushed by an AT-AT.

FeD.nL

Really wish Jakku was playable already, it sucks you have to leave now after 4 games of WA and hope that you get put in the right map rotation for the other factions on maps.

ecurbj

It was probably mis-worded on their part, or original promotional wording that changed. The Deluxe code is for the emotes and weapon unlocks, and the pre-order code is for the 1 week early.
Thanks, mate. I'm loving this game. I'm hooked on Blast aka Team Deathmatch. So fluid and smooth.

To bad I got to go to work :(

Really wish Jakku was playable already, it sucks you have to leave now after 4 games of WA and hope that you get put in the right map rotation for the other factions on maps.

They have to change the rotation a bit and add two rounds on every map, so that everyone plays once as the rebels and the imperials. Like BF did with RUSH

Pastry

Banned

It doesn't auto switch the teams form Rebel to Imperial after every full rotation? That's dumb.

Does Walker Assault not automatically put you on the opposite team after every game? I guess I'm too used to Gardens and Graveyards in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (fantastic game that has some similarities to Battlefront). Even through there were only a few maps in this mode, every game would alternate you between attackers and defenders, so you play both roles on the same map before moving onto the next.

Is it different in Battlefront?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Thanks, mate. I'm loving this game. I'm hooked on Blast aka Team Deathmatch. So fluid and smooth.

Anytime! The game is a blast (no pun intended, well sorta)! Can't not wait to get home after work and dive in.

3-4 more hours.

To add real quick, all versions have the Jakku code since it is needed to access the DLC content for free. The BB pre-order one was a week early access.

So if it is resold, and someone wants Jakku buying used, they may have to buy the content if the code was already redeemed.

RdN

Yeah it is...

I dunno what they were thinking making it the person who gets the final shot, instead of who did the most damage.

Absolutely, there's no point in doing risking death to damage the hero while he's still got a good amount of health.

oktarb

Some very lite initial thoughts after a short gaming stint last night. The "training" missions are garbage and just a pretext so they could add it as a bullet point on their advertising. Short, underwhelming and just no fun. If I had taken that feeling into multiplayer I'd be a sad puppy.

Multiply player was a blast. I only played a couple of Supremacy maps but loved them. The chaos is palpable. Laser flying everywhere, Tie Fighters and X Wings zooming overhead, seeing Darth Vader and his Honor Guard pushing forward, it was all great. Hell at one point about six of us Stormtroopers were trapped behind our spawn doors as the rebels outside mercilessly poured laser fire at us. Is that spawn camping? Sure as hell is but we coordinated after a bit and rushed out and pushed past them. that felt great.

The unlock system seems a little useless and not a carrot I really care about. I mean how many faces do I really need to unlock?

Overall I look forward to playing but without a solid look into their future plans I doubt it will have months and month of interest for me.

You'll have to really find out how you define value yourself because that's a tricky question.

For me? Yeah, totally. 3 hours in, and over 10 on the beta, yeah I'm going to definitely going to get my moneys worth. I doubt I'll put in 100 hours, but I feel like there's enough content for me to justify the price.

It's just really incredibly fun. The gameplay is on point.

It's definitely not a cut and dry answer given the breadth of modes and ways to play the game. But I would suggest caution to anyone who is price sensitive and has a limited gaming budget, unless they are huge Star Wars AND Multiplayer shooter fans. Get the game at a discount if you can, but if not, go in with both eyes open as to what you're getting for your $60.

And to anyone thinking of waiting until there's a GOTY edition before jumping in....I honestly don't think this game will survive that long after all of the DLC is released, unless DICE completely knocks it out of the park with all of the DLC and adds more free stuff. I fully expect another Titanfall situation here, with maybe a slightly longer tail.

bluehat9

So teams dont get shuffled after a game? Nothing like being destroyed in tdm and knowing you'll have the same odds if you stay in rhat lobby.

Edit: and I like how a lot of the diorama stuff is 'win x times" in a mode abd theres no way to track any of that.

So teams dont get shuffled after a game? Nothing like being destroyed in tdm and knowing you'll have the same odds if you stay in rhat lobby.

This is one of the first things I noticed.

If you lose a game, don't stick around for another round ;)

On the flip side, if you get a good team then you can really start steamrolling people.

aajohnny

Do you guys feel that this is better with a controller or keyboard and mouse? I am going to install for PC when I get home but now I'm starting to wish I got on PS4 to enjoy on the couch :/

def sim

It sure doesn't. I'm definitely bouncing out after a game if the other team completely annihilates mine.

Do you guys feel that this is better with a controller or keyboard and mouse? I am going to install for PC when I get home but now I'm starting to wish I got on PS4 to enjoy on the couch :/

There is no aim assist on PC. It won't feel anything like the console version when played with a controller.

The future is bright my friends! All of those games are going to be incredible I have no doubt. Amy Hennig is a genius. The engine is incredible and they have a lot of talent and money to play with.

Next Bioware Star Wars game will be great too. EA is a good match for the license, I think.

FeD.nL

They have to change the rotation a bit and add two rounds on every map, so that everyone plays once as the rebels and the imperials. Like BF did with RUSH

Agreed

It doesn't auto switch the teams form Rebel to Imperial after every full rotation? That's dumb.

Nope, well after Jakku it does.

Does Walker Assault not automatically put you on the opposite team after every game? I guess I'm too used to Gardens and Graveyards in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (fantastic game that has some similarities to Battlefront). Even through there were only a few maps in this mode, every game would alternate you between attackers and defenders, so you play both roles on the same map before moving onto the next.

Is it different in Battlefront?

It does, but since there is an even map count at the moment you basically play the same faction on the maps.

border

Exactly what are you supposed to do when you get an X-Wing or TIE Fighter in Walker Assault and Supremacy?

It seems like they move way too fast for you to really take out infantry, not to mention that flying close to the ground is a recipe for a quick death.

I kinda feel like I am just biding time until the Walker becomes vulnerable.

RdN

The Millennium Falcon is so OP. It absolutely crushes the Slave I.

I just got the achiev for killing both legendary ships. :)

Finally get Slave I in fighter squadron... and this

giphy.gif

Yeah, Falcon also has a shield you can use to ram other ships and destroy them, unscathed.

Exactly what are you supposed to do when you get an X-Wing or TIE Fighter in Walker Assault and Supremacy?

It seems like they move way too fast for you to really take out infantry, not to mention that flying close to the ground is a recipe for a quick death.

There's a huge disconnect between ground combat and the air combat. Not a great design. Same thing used to happen in Battlefield 3.

Figure out where enemies spawn and move from and you can actually strafe pretty well, especially in interceptors and x wings.

Also take out AT-STs and enemy fighters.

As Rebels: take out Tie Fighters, Turrets, AT-STs, and occasionally dive bomb troops if you've already got air superiority. Then of course hammer the Walkers when vulnerable

As Imperials: Take out Rebel aircraft, enemy turrets, dive bomb enemies, and when the bombing run starts, IF you have air superiority, try to take out Y-Wings before they drop the bombs. If you manage to take one out before it can drop its bombs (varying difficulty depending on map), you'll shorten the time the Walkers are vulnerable and essentially "erase" some of the Rebel's progress.

Ferr986

First you can control the speed with your stick. Anyways, your mission with an X-Wing is more about killing TIE's and the AT-ST rather than foot soldiers. Especially AT-STs goes down quickly with your X-Wing and will help a lot to your soldiers. Also of course the AT-AT when they'are vulnerable, cause ships deals more damage than soldiers. TIE's obviously kills Wing ships.

That is based with my experience with the beta tho, Im an EU peasant so no game till two days.

Qwark

It was probably mis-worded on their part, or original promotional wording that changed. The Deluxe code is for the emotes and weapon unlocks, and the pre-order code is for the 1 week early.

Do you have the Deluxe version? If so, do you think it's worth it for the extra weapons/emotes?

Also, question for anybody, are the servers holding up alright? I don't want to walk into another Battlefield 4 situation.

And question for people with slow installs, is that specific to XB1 or PS4, or are they both extremely slow?

CrovaxPSO

Shot down a Y-Wing with the ion torpedo before it got its shot off and we won with a sliver of health left on the 2nd walker, felt good.

Do you have the Deluxe version? If so, do you think it's worth it for the extra weapons/emotes?

Also, question for anybody, are the servers holding up alright? I don't want to walk into another Battlefield 4 situation.

And question for people with slow installs, is that specific to XB1 or PS4, or are they both extremely slow?

On Ps4 here. Since last night 30 minutes after release I have had zero issues. Played about 4 hours went to bed and got up and played another 4.

PS4 took about 10 minutes to install. I'd say about 10-12 Vader waves lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom