• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game needs a server browser. All I want to play is Walker Assault on Endor.

I wonder if we'll see the ability to play only a single map/mode of our choosing. 24/7 *insert map here* are so prevalent on PC it seems like it'd be a no brainer to extend the life of the game once players gravitate to the best map.

I find myself rotating between the DL-44, E-11, and T-21 depending on the situation. Can't wait to try out the EE-3 though.

The DL-44 and T-21 both deal 51 damage at close and medium range, but they fire slow and have a short overheat time. I find myself going back to the E-11 when I need a jack of all trades.

J_Viper

You know what, no, I'm not going to do it. Star Wars was my life when I was a kid, but the lack of maps, weapons, and any sort of modern progression system is just insulting. DICE and EA can both go to hell for exploiting such an important IP.

r7mIlR6.jpg

Fuck.

See you guys there, I guess...

You know what, no, I'm not going to do it. Star Wars was my life when I was a kid, but the lack of maps, weapons, and any sort of modern progression system is just insulting. DICE and EA can both go to hell for exploiting such an important IP.

I dont get it.

The game has enough weapons, you dont need 40 weapons when only 2 or 3 of this are reliable. BF4 suffered from that issue.

There is a pregression system. You have to reach a certain level to buy stuff and weapons, you can upgrade starcards, you get credits to buy stuff etc...
Things every other standard shooter has.

cybropm

Fuck.

VQzphQxvN8UZG.gif

MrDaravon

r7mIlR6.jpg

Fuck.

I fully respect this. As long as people are are being honest with themselves who cares! lol

So it sounds like servers aren't melting like they were last night for some? Hoping to have my copy tomorrow.

Ludist210

My brother in law gave me the gift of PS4 over the weekend (I picked him up from two hours away on Halloween night after he got in a wreck...fortunately, he was fine, but he wanted to thank me), so I downloaded this digitally. Can't wait to play Battlefront again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

r7mIlR6.jpg

Fuck.

Search your feelings. You know this to be true. I am your Battlefront.

empire-vader-beckons_l.jpg

luke-skywalker-10-1425043401.gif

MiguelItUp

Anxiously waiting to receive my copy. I have plenty of other things to play in the meantime, but that doesn't make it the wait much easier. :(

MrBlonde

quick question, does anyone know if I buy this digitally from my work computer will it start downloading automatically on my Xbox One right now? I do have it on the low power mode. I don't usually buy digital but I bought Black Ops 3 digital and might do this too.

Also you guys preferring first or 3rd person?

Just played a match as the rebels where there was only one AT - AT left in the final round with a sliver of health left. We managed to get around 10 Y Wings up.. Talk about overkill lol.

The only disappointing thing so far about Fighter Squadron to me is just the Hero ships being able to just constantly run through ships and not take any damage. When everyone gets in the Falcon that is pretty much all they look to do.

Bsigg12

quick question, does anyone know if I buy this digitally from my work computer will it start downloading automatically on my Xbox One right now? I do have it on the low power mode. I don't usually buy digital but I bought Black Ops 3 digital and might do this too.

Also you guys preferring first or 3rd person?

Console needs to be in Instant On mode for remote downloads to work.

So ..... Why isn't there two rounds on each map in walker assault. That's a stable of assault mode. First you attack/defend, then you do the other thing.

That's really missing. I'm also bummed about how you enter vehicles. I didn't like it in the beta and I don't like it here (takes you out of the experience)

But in general I really like it. The visuals are amazing. It's a shame you can't see your in game pickups if you turn off the hud :p

I like how there's jawa's on tatooine and I saw at least one flying ewok on endor which was also very cool. Would love it if they were running around all over.

(playing on ps 4 BTW)

Sorry if this has been mentioned or asked already but I couldn't find an answer: Is there a CoD style Ground War mode that combine a few of the different modes in this game? For instance, rotate through Walker Assault, Supremacy and Blast?

Nope. There are only 2 large scale battle modes, and you can only enter the queue for one or the other.

I find myself rotating between the DL-44, E-11, and T-21 depending on the situation. Can't wait to try out the EE-3 though.

The DL-44 and T-21 both deal 51 damage at close and medium range, but they fire slow and have a short overheat time. I find myself going back to the E-11 when I need a jack of all trades.

Solo-gun is GOAT on Endor. Plays to the run'n'gun style perfectly.

Everywhere else, T-21 reigns (on PC at least). It's basically like the best DMRs from Battlefield, with none of the movement penalty for hip firing.

Yeah this is why I gave up on Amazon.ca (even after the 30% off E3 deal). Too many games being delivered days after they should.

Yeah, it's nice to have the discount but I think I prefer getting my most anticipated games right when they release, or at least getting the game when I want it, not when Amazon decides to ship it or when Canada Post decides to deliver it.

Ah well, hopefully tomorrow.

Anyone have a good way to launch this through Steam to get the overlay? I know about the trick of just pointing it to the origin.exe itself but I seem to recall someone somewhere having a solution that actually boots into origin just for the game and then exits it altogether once you're done.

Am I the only one who thinks the vehicle controls are ass-backwards? It's so weird that they map flight controls to the right stick, and to fix it you have to tell the game you are left-handed. It makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom