• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the space ship controls different to the beta? Feels really odd with the mouse

Yes. They implemented a sort of virtual joystick, instead of direct control like it was in the beta. I think it's supposed to "even the playing field" between gamepad and mouse users, but all it ends up doing is making the mouse control feel awful and more or less forces everyone to use a gamepad. Maybe there are some settings one can tweak to make it feel less shit, but haven't really poked too deep yet to check.

Ferrio

Banned
Playing as Sheev and having two lackeys is great. Holed up in a base on endor guarding the point, me and my two dudes held the fort. My favorite char so far.

k4n3

Banned
only major problem i have is the nade spam they need to get rid of the recharge and just use the battlefield system and you can only hold 1 or 2 also boba needs a bit of a nerf hits jet pack recharges to fast and the auto lockon rocket can blind fire hit people on the other side of the map

This game really sounds like a technical marvel on PS4.
PC moreso, I'd argue.
On 8GB RAM, a GTX 980 (not Sli or Ti), and Windows 10, with everything maxed, resolution scale at 115 and output resolution at 1080p, the game locks at 90fps for me.

DICE are kings of the tech-industry, man.

Sushigod7

I'm having a issue with hiccups in games probably 2-3 times every match where it seems to hang up then start again hasn't affected my games much only a few times in squadron how do I pinpoint the issue? I don't see anyone else complaining of lag so it has to be my connection? Otherwise having a great time with it.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm having a issue with hiccups in games probably 2-3 times every match where it seems to hang up then start again hasn't affected my games much only a few times in squadron how do I pinpoint the issue? I don't see anyone else complaining of lag so it has to be my connection? Otherwise having a great time with it.

Open task manager's performance monitor(s) before playing. Check it right after such a spike, this may help with finding the cause.

PC moreso, I'd argue.
On 8GB RAM, a GTX 980 (not Sli or Ti), and Windows 10, with everything maxed, resolution scale at 115 and output resolution at 1080p, the game locks at 90fps for me.

While that is certainly impressive, cranking 900p with good IQ + a pretty solid 60fps out of the PS4 while maintaining this visual fidelity is far more impressive imo. :p This is easily one of the best looking games on PS4 and it runs at 60fps. Crazy.

Really enjoying this btw. Played 3h today, level 11. I want that damn jetpack...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
just played like 5 rounds of the star fighter thing.

absolutely love this game.. so gorgeous and controls flawlessly.

only complaint so far is I wish DICE would have given us a campaign.. even like a 6-8 hour campaign in this game would have been amazing.

edit - yeah, fighter squadron.. what an amazing mode. basically what a net code Rogue Leader could have been.

I'm absolutely loving this game. I'm wondering why people are complaining about no content....there seems to be plenty to me, at any rate. In fact, I'm a bit baffled at some of the lower reviews, to the point where I'm wondering if Destructoid and Giant Bomb were playing the same game I was. I also feel it was a bit irresponsible to post full reviews of a multiplayer-only game the day of release, which is why I have respect for IGN and Gameinformer right now. Regardless of score, they didn't rush to get a number out, but are instead doing exactly what they should be with a multiplayer focused game. Add me for a partner; PSN is johnnycubsfan. I'm a fighter ace :)

Any indications of how the game and/or bundles are selling? GameStop was packed today.

Crackbone

I'm absolutely loving this game. I'm wondering why people are complaining about no content....there seems to be plenty to me, at any rate. In fact, I'm a bit baffled at some of the lower reviews, to the point where I'm wondering if Destructoid and Giant Bomb were playing the same game I was. I also feel it was a bit irresponsible to post full reviews of a multiplayer-only game the day of release, which is why I have respect for IGN and Gameinformer right now. Regardless of score, they didn't rush to get a number out, but are instead doing exactly what they should be with a multiplayer focused game. Add me for a partner; PSN is johnnycubsfan. I'm a fighter ace :)

Any indications of how the game and/or bundles are selling? GameStop was packed today.

I'd have to agree. I spent a ton of time today playing wanting another go each time. Not sure where all of the no content talk is coming from. At least for me, bothering with a shooter campaign is a waste of time. I'd rather be playing multiplayer modes.

With more maps and hero ships added post-launch, Fighter Squardron will be the Rogue Squadron sequel we've all yearned for.

Hell, it's exactly what I wanted already.

Falchion

So I just learned about how certain Star Cards are limited use and you have to spend more credits to refill them. I guess it makes sense so that they aren't abused and overpowered but man................................. not sure how I feel about it.

So I just learned about how certain Star Cards are limited use and you have to spend more credits to refill them. I guess it makes sense so that they aren't abused and overpowered but man................................. not sure how I feel about it.

I find almost all the star cards useless tbh.

Would happily trade for another card slot.

Jackfrags: 10 things what would improve Battlefront

1) Limit one grenade card per player to reduce grenade spam
2) Option to manually pick a partner from your team if you don't have one currently
3) HUD scaling and move kill feed to upper right corner
4) Fix the "virtual joystick" for PC so flying doesn't suck
5) Spawns need to be improved and need a left/right selectable option
6) More maps--easier to get tired of modes with few maps
7) Add story to the offline modes and add 4 player co-op to these modes
8) Nerf Ion Torpedo's lock-on range so it can't take out AT-STs from across the map
9) Hero Hunt needs selectable heroes and needs to readjust how it credits the winner
10) Separate soldier, vehicle, and turret sensitivities

Pay attention, DICE!

I find almost all the star cards useless tbh.

Would happily trade for another card slot.

Some Star Cards are stupid OP. Wookie Bowcaster that fires a row of explosive bolts, the triple grenade launcher, etc.

PC moreso, I'd argue.

I can't even imagine how that looks cause on PS4 it's fricken sublime

GravyButt

Aren't all gold star cards limited use? Like ion shot (i think thats the name) I just bought it. Think it says 25 in lower right hand corner. I just assumed I could use it 25x before rebuying. Hopefully at a discount!

Ferrio

Banned

Wait credits to fill? You can't fill it up with pickups in the field say like personal shield card?

Karak

which is why I have respect for IGN and Gameinformer right now. Regardless of score, they didn't rush to get a number out, but are instead doing exactly what they should be with a multiplayer focused game.
Technically their review in progress video comes up as a review, its tagged as a review in youtube, has clear statements about quality and was done prior to the actual embargo lifting.
So...IGN sort of rushed. If we believe getting information out about an item someone is asking money for is rushing.
Got my jump pack and immediately spent the rest of my credits to upgrade it.

I keep posting shit in the review thread when it should be here.

Its not all black and white.

The jetback easily is the most change heavy item in the game. Put that on and the entire way you play is changed.

You can refill gold Star Cards all over the map, too. Find the little lightning bolt icon.

One thing I noticed during EA Access: when you spawn, look around. Depending on the map, there is often a treasure trove of pick-ups and refills behind/around you. Easy to miss them if you spawn and just rush forward.

Hale_C

Any kind of Origin GAF sign up thingy going? Couldn't see one in this thread or the SW community thread, possibly being a giant moron.

LowParry

I've enjoyed all the modes so it gives a good variety of play. That ice caves map though. Damn that's pretty. Droids on that map is crazy fun. Too bad we didn't get one or two more planets to play around on. Over all pretty fun game but see where the lack of content people are complaining about comes from. The sound though. Good lord. Best sound ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom