• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveCake

What is the consensus for getting the season pass for this?

I am not getting my copy until saturday, some are saying that the game will be ok for only a couple of months, but people play CoD etc online until the next CoD is released a year later.

Is it best to leave the season pass until the first DLC drops?

I really liked the BETA & i don't have any FPS multiplayer games at the moment & i cannot see any on the horizon so this is going to be my go to FPS multiplayer.

gossi

Is there a code I am suppose to get to have access to Battle of Jakku early? My box says Battle of Jakku DLC access included but I dont have a code in the box

I think everybody gets the Jakku DLC free. I don't know why they said it's a pre-order bonus.

OmegaFax

How do you reload?

I kept hitting the Square button out of habit from playing CoD for the past couple of days

I am not getting my copy until saturday, some are saying that the game will be ok for only a couple of months, but people play CoD etc online until the next CoD is released a year later.

I really liked the BETA & i don't have any FPS multiplayer games at the moment & i cannot see any on the horizon so this is going to be my go to FPS multiplayer.

I'm probably going to wait and see. The first paid DLC doesn't hit until January so you should be good for the rest of the year. Jakku expansion is free (except a week early for pre-orders and first run physical copies).

5taquitos

Since the first expansion doesn't come out until January, I'm holding off for now on the random chance that it goes on sale for Christmas. If not, I'll likely pick it up right before the first expansion comes out.

Personally, I don't see myself getting tired of this anytime soon, but I don't have much free time for games these days, so it may be different if you put in long sessions.

rdytoroll

There is absolutely no rush to get the Season Pass now. Imo there never is. I'd wait till at least the first DLC is announced

RedAssedApe

Banned
if we're only getting 4 more heroes in the season pass i'm thinking there are only going to be planets from episodes 4-7 and nothing from 1-3.

most of the 20+ heroes from battlefront 2 were jedi/sith

The Cowboy

I still can't get over the audio, this game on 5.1 with a loud sub is just heaven. Having a blast so far, I do love the dogfighting in the x-wings - but man alive i suck at speeder bikes (i will forever crash into trees :D).

mileS

So your flying speed (the higher it is) the lower your damage will be? It's hard to strike a good balance and for some reason I feel like I constantly need to hold forward on the stick.

jackdoe

Any time I run into a hero, I book the fuck out of there. Especially if it's Luke Skywalker. This game really does a good job simulating the life of a Storm Trooper.

RedAssedApe

Banned
yep no connection/server issues for me at launch and so far. i think the issues last night were related to digital licenses :\

WHY ARE ALL OF THE ASIAN FACES SO UGLY. The asian male looks like a prune. :(

Danneee

Holy shit Boba is overpowered! Just played my fourth supremacy game and got boba early. Had a 20 kill streak with him when the match ended. Could have gone on a lot more than that had I been given the time.

LoveCake

I kept hitting the Square button out of habit from playing CoD for the past couple of days

I'm probably going to wait and see. The first paid DLC doesn't hit until January so you should be good for the rest of the year. Jakku expansion is free (except a week early for pre-orders and first run physical copies).

Since the first expansion doesn't come out until January, I'm holding off for now on the random chance that it goes on sale for Christmas. If not, I'll likely pick it up right before the first expansion comes out.

Personally, I don't see myself getting tired of this anytime soon, but I don't have much free time for games these days, so it may be different if you put in long sessions.

There is absolutely no rush to get the Season Pass now. Imo there never is. I'd wait till at least the first DLC is announced

Thanks, i think i will play the game as is & then see how it holds up after the first free DLC & then see what is in the first paid for DLC, the season pass is the price of a game, if it falters i will get something else in.

I do think that the game will hold up for a while though.

Boke1879

FUCK! just had an epic match of Heros vs Villains that came down to the last round. I was on the villains side and we were on the Hoth map.

Majority of the rounds that put me as the Emperor and I really think he shines in close quarters. With him you gotta stay back and pick your battles. I was wrecking shop with him. The one time I was Vader I went on a nice streak and killed most of the heroes.

This mode is too much fun. Well gonna shower and then play a few more rounds of WA.

Ferrio

Banned
So your flying speed (the higher it is) the lower your damage will be? It's hard to strike a good balance and for some reason I feel like I constantly need to hold forward on the stick.

Don't think so. I'm constantly adjusting my throttle, usually slower than fast.

Every time I try to join a match, it gets to the loading screen then boots me to the menu with the error "you have lost connection to Playstation Network, online features will remain unavailable" I'm connected to PSN and haven't had problems in other games. Anyone else have this?

OneUh8

I'm holding out on the season pass. I'll wait and see what the first expansion entails and if I still want to be playing before I buy. That said I'm loving the game right now.I might just have the wife get it for me for christmas. At least then it doesn'tfeel like I'm buying it lol.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Can you guys recommend me a YouTube channel that discusses the game's gameplay in depth?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Don't think so. I'm constantly adjusting my throttle, usually slower than fast.

From the devs themselves:

“Reduced velocity increases weapon power, increased velocity reduces weapon power for the A-wing, X-wing TIE fighter, TIE interceptor, Slave I and the Millennium Falcon.”

RyanW

Somehow I always get the bad luck of waiting for my packages late in the afternoon. I guess that's the additional cost for getting the game for $35

i love that I can always come to gaf to read positivity about video games. Everywhere else I went to read about this game was just pure shit talk. I really love the living hell out of this game.

jmizzal

edit: ok sky battles are pretty fun, lol not space battles since they didnt put that in

Didnt want to waste my time in the EA access trail to learn it and it was not good to me, but after going through training its very fun to play now

I finally got around to trying Hero Hunt, and it's.... interesting. I was pissed that I got the hero kill twice in a row, but I did it by suicide grenading, lol. You don't get the hero if that happens and I guess it goes to the next to the last hit.

Ended the game with most heroes killed but only got to play the hero once. :(

The mode would be 1000x better without the last hit mechanic.

ThisOne

No way to use L1/R1 to aim and shoot? Boooooo

That option took awhile to get patched into Battlefield. Hope they patch it in quick here

Also, how long does this Darth Vader mini game drag on? Was kinda fun for five minutes but I'm going on about 20 now with no way to quit.

OmegaFax

Anyone up for creating a Party later and playing some random modes on PS4? Did a random matches with someone in earlier today and (aside from pirate cursing), it was actually fun (and helpful for smaller player based modes like capture the droids).

Boke1879

Anyone up for creating a Party later and playing some random modes on PS4? Did a random matches with someone in earlier today and (aside from pirate cursing), it was actually fun (and helpful for smaller player based modes like capture the droids).

Add my PSN. I'll be on this game at least a few hours a day and I'll be up for some game in a few hours. Boke18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom