• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the game and it's super pretty. Like supremacy and droid run the most so far.

I really don't care for Endor though, it's really hard to spot rebels if you're playing as the empire.

Tawpgun

Good god Droid Run is terrible.

Thought it'd be their take on Domination or similar modes.

But it's literally just....

Control all 3 droids and you win

or

Control at least 2 droids when time runs out.

The latter of which is infuriating because you could have amazing droid control the entire game and lose at the end because they happened to have 2 when the clock hit 0

I like Droid Run because I've managed to place first in it twice whereas in Walker Assault I'm usually around 11 or 12. Starting to improve there now that I have the rifle power up.

JTripper

Walker Assault on Endor is fucking incredible but I'm confused about one thing. I was on the imperial side and our walker made it to the end, yet we still lost. Am I missing something here or could the only possible explanation be that the rebel team destroyed our walker at the last second?

Rafy

does anybody else have the issue where sound stops working randomly? It's pissing my off since I have to restart the game to get it working properly...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
THIS GAME IS SO DAMN FUN.

Man, core mechanics really are on point. Mix that with the Star Wars IP, how unreal the animations are, and how chaotic it can get and the atmosphere is incredible. Was worried after the beta maps but man some of the rest of these modes and maps are on point.

The gunplay in this is so fun and refined. From what I've played, there's actually a bit of back and forth instead of just who shoots first always wins. One weird thing is that the games I've played had my teams totally ignoring the powerups. They would all just ignore them while I would scoop them haha

GravyButt

Wait so im wrong thinking that gold ion shot card i bought is only 25 total uses then I have to rebuy it?
Im confused now. Can someone explain haha

Wait so im wrong thinking that gold ion shot card i bought is only 25 total uses then I have to rebuy it?

There are little lightning strikes on the maps that you pick up and it gives you +1 charge. If you go through them quickly though there is an option of just buying 10 charges with credits.

DOWN

Banned
There are pickups during matches that will bring the count back up. Buying more charge is optional.

Endor is some bullshit right now, with the Cammo on the rebels and only 1 walker to destroy its super easy to win as rebels. That's fine but they nerfed Hoth for the Empire so now it's pretty easy to win as rebels all around.

GravyButt

There are little lightning strikes on the maps that you pick up and it gives you +1 charge. If you go through them quickly though there is an option of just buying 10 charges with credits.
Ahhh ook. So they do run out. Wasn't sure if it was 25 per match or 25 total then gone until you bought more. Ive yet to actually use it yet thats why im slightly confused. Purchased it then I had to sign off for the night. Thanks!

Is it comparable in damage to say the ion torpedeo?

The jetpack should be an early unlock. Too many levels give you a nice advantage for being up higher than someone else,

The survival mode stuff is the best part of the SP, primarily because the AI actually seeks you out.

Machina

Banned
So is the general GAF consensus that the reviewers are giving this game a hard time that it doesn't deserve just because of content?

Ferrio

Banned
I'd hold off calling for buffs/nerfs until the maps are well known. Unfamiliarity with the maps will cause the game balance to be wonky for a week or so.

So is the general GAF consensus that the reviewers are giving this game a hard time that it doesn't deserve just because of content?

2 main things seem to come out

-Simplicity. This isn't a bad thing IMO, and with all the other shooters out there I'm glad there's one that's taking a more casual approach. I have enough options if I want something more competitive.

-Content. DICE spread themselves thin with all the game modes I think. If you only like a couple of the game modes the content could seem light.

taoofjord

I've got it on PS4 and the typical install bar on the dashboard finished 15 minutes ago and the patch has downloaded and installed but the game is still making me do the play as Darth Vader mode while I wait for the game to finish installing. Any idea how long this takes? I already tried exiting and loading it up again.

ZeroGravity

Endor is some bullshit right now, with the Cammo on the rebels and only 1 walker to destroy its super easy to win as rebels.
Yeah, doesn't help that the uplinks are in really hard to reach or difficult to locate areas. I don't think I've ever seen anyone of the Empire actually manage to disable the one in the trees. Endor is just way too dense.

jmizzal

Xbox one players add me, jmizzal2000, let me know when you add me

Not being able to play with random people in missions is stupid, I need people thats playing this on my friends list

darthbob

I have yet to see an imperial victory on that mode. Rebels now have the advantage it seems.

It's not that bad. Just won a round on Sullust as the Imps.

6cfc63623d.jpg

Ended up blasting TotalBiscuit with my AT-AT too. :p

4bcaff6c4f.jpg

Endor is some bullshit right now, with the Cammo on the rebels and only 1 walker to destroy its super easy to win as rebels. That's fine but they nerfed Hoth for the Empire so now it's pretty easy to win as rebels all around.

Yeah, Endor is a map where the dedication to the OT has proven to not be a great game design decision. Wearing bright white in a forest is an inherent disadvantage.

Jump Packs will be crucial for the Empire on that map once everyone unlocks them, though. So stupid that it's a Level 13 unlock.

I don't understand--why would it not deserve a "hard time" if they weren't satisfied with the content? They're just criticisms, IMO, and they're echoed across reviews, impressions, gaffers, etc.

antonz

Yeah, Endor is a map where the dedication to the OT has proven to not be a great game design decision. Wearing bright white in a forest is an inherent disadvantage.

Jump Packs will be crucial for the Empire on that map once everyone unlocks them, though. So stupid that it's a Level 13 unlock.

I don't understand--why would it not deserve a "hard time" if they weren't satisfied with the content? They're just criticisms, IMO, and they're echoed across reviews, impressions, gaffers, etc.

Ion weaponry is far too easy to get with little downside to using the cards for them which makes the AT-AT really weak and on top of that it seems like they gave the AT-AT way too large of a weakpoint. Should have stuck with the neck instead of the belly

-x.Red.x-

No way to use L1/R1 to aim and shoot? Boooooo

That option took awhile to get patched into Battlefield. Hope they patch it in quick here

Also, how long does this Darth Vader mini game drag on? Was kinda fun for five minutes but I'm going on about 20 now with no way to quit.

I had the same problem but I remembered that you can do custom controls on ps4.

No complaints from me.

mileS

This game is a fucking BLAST!

Supremacy is amazing. I was getting used to flanking large groups of people and generally playing it slow and safe. Instead of shooting right away, staying crouched and finding the right opportunity to sprint up to the side and either flank or get them from the side. Racked up a nice 43-12 my first time when I joined late. The atmosphere in Supremacy is fucking incredible.

I've got it on PS4 and the typical install bar on the dashboard finished 15 minutes ago and the patch has downloaded and installed but the game is still making me do the play as Darth Vader mode while I wait for the game to finish installing. Any idea how long this takes? I already tried exiting and loading it up again.

If you're still doing Vader waves it hasn't finished installing. It doesn't show on the main dashboard. A message will pop up when it is done.

JB1981

Very fun so far. What happened to the sound mix?! This does not live up to the amazing soundtracks Dice is known for. Why is the soundstage so lackluster?

James93

Very fun so far. What happened to the sound mix?! This does not live up to the amazing soundtracks Dice is known for. Why is the soundstage so lackluster?

I'm not sure what your listening to. The sound in this game is the best i've heard all year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom